sore knees.

Options
hon3yd0g
hon3yd0g Posts: 52 Member
so ive nearly completed level 3,i cant do the harder versions as my knees are hurting! anyone else feeling this?

Replies

• sxymilf
    sxymilf Posts: 17
    Options
    Yes! I did day 6 level 3 today and my knees are so painful and sore i struggled to walk up the stairs. Im going to try some extra stretches before and after tomorrow to see if it helps a little
  • kikis935
    kikis935 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I had a really hard time with the rock star jumps. I switched to butt kicks instead. My knees can't take all the pounding :-(
  • AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I do think shred is tough on the knees. I try to do enough to push myself to get stronger but not too much so that I'd actually injure myself. We all know our own limits I guess. You can always substitute a move with one from a previous level just to keep you moving. I've done that occasionally myself. ????
  • Ooga78
    Ooga78 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you. I have never had knee issues until this workout. I also walk on a treadmill in addition and would like to do C25K but can't imagine adding running on on top of this.
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Yes. My knees have got down the tubes with this, too. It was worth it for me, I think. I am more toned that I ever remember being. I actually bought Danskin exercise capris today in a medium! I must say they look pretty good. LOL I didn't lose weight with this but I did lose inches. They only way that I lost weight was to walk on my lunch break in addition to this. I have begun the Ripped in 30 today though. Call me a sucker for punishment. If you though she sounded mean in the 30 Day Shred Videos, wait until you start this. She is rather like a drill sergeant! LOL
    I hope my knees will hold up to another round of JM! Week 1 series doesn't seem bad. Some move you will recognize and some are different.