cardio options during chalean extreme?

Options
Any other suggestions for cardio other than burn intervals dvd? I have never enjoyed cardio dvds and have generally given up with them after a bit. I don't want this to end with me giving up the whole 90 days. Anyone do anything other than the dvds for their cardio? i wonder how many calories I should be aiming to burn on these days with other exercise so that I am not ruining my efforts with the strength side of the program?

Replies

• LisaGirlfriend
    LisaGirlfriend Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    You could run or walk super fast on cardio days, or ride a bike, swim, etc. I typically burn 190 calories during the Chalean Burn it off cardio DVD, and 300 calories durning Chalean Burn Intervals DVD. So if you aim to do cardio for 30-45 minutes and burn 200-300 calories twice a week I would think it would be comparable to doing those two cardio sessions.
  • katellanova
    katellanova Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I will be doing kicking 3 to 5x per week.
  • khmdm
    khmdm Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I run 3x a week and then do the CLX strength DVDs 3x a week plus add in the abs one. This is only my first week but this is my plan. I did insanity and I missed my outdoor running so hope this balance works for me.
  • denise33027
    denise33027 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I do the TurboFire HIIT workouts
  • MrsT_2009
    MrsT_2009 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    During my first round of CLX I believe I did Turbo Jam workouts for cardio sometimes to mix it up. Second round I used TurboFire and now this third time I will be using me indoor cycling class as my only cardio (3x per week)

Do what works for you. I get tired or cardio dvds quickly so I like to mix it up to stay motivated.