The Weekly Male Stop (3/29 - 4/5)

Options
KevinS62
KevinS62 Posts: 239 Member
Wasup fellas?

Another week and another loss. Little by little, I'm disappearing. :laugh:

So what's new? I'm no longer Obese. At 5'10" and 208, I'm officially "Fat". Well, okay. "Overweight" is the term used for me on the BMI calculator. But both terms are nicer in my mind than being Obese.

Cheers! :drinker:

-Kevin
SW: 247
CW: 208
GW: 180-190

Replies

• thadius65
    thadius65 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Awesome Kevin! My goal is alos to be fat, not obese! ;o)

I am down another 3 lbs this week. So at 238.5 I now have 13.5 to go until the shift from obese to fat. Goal of 225 by May 10th so should be doable on current path. Then i go on 8 day vacation to Aruba!

Six weeks to do this! Time to kick *kitten* and chew bubble gum... and i am all outta gum! :o)
  • kobrien65
    kobrien65 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm on the cusp of that transition to "only" being a fat guy. I bought the Body Media fit because I knew I had a slow metabolism and all the sites were telling me to eat too much. Sure enough, with my office job I only burn about 2200 - 2400 cal per day so I've got to keep the body moving if I want to eat! 1000 cal deficit per day to lose 2lbs a week doesn't leave me much room unless I work out. That's a motivator. Looking forward to being just "fat" so I can hit the next stage "normal".
  • thadius65
    Options
    BMF is a great tool. I love mine and with MFP it becomes simple math. Tonight i will add many beer calories, but as we all know, it is mostly water! ;o)

My BMF tdee (burn) number over 24 hours is typically 3500. That is two cardio sessions. One 6am and one 6pm.
  • daleweideman
    daleweideman Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Wasup fellas?

Another week and another loss. Little by little, I'm disappearing. :laugh:

So what's new? I'm no longer Obese. At 5'10" and 208, I'm officially "Fat". Well, okay. "Overweight" is the term used for me on the BMI calculator. But both terms are nicer in my mind than being Obese.

Cheers! :drinker:

-Kevin
    SW: 247
    CW: 208
    GW: 180-190

Really like the new pic - amazing progress from the original one with you on your bike!
  • daleweideman
    daleweideman Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Reporting in with a reasonably good week - down another pound.

Even though down just 8 pounds so far, I'm starting to feel see some NSV's - clothes looser / feel better, knees feel much better, I can do more pushups / situps / squats.

I'm now 4 pounds behind my pace for the year, which is to get to 199, so I'll need some 2 or 3 pound weeks to get back on track.

April is going to be a breakout month for me - I'm going to drop this month as much as I have in the past 2 months. Water instead of wine, or light beer -- not that different from water ;-) instead of good ale. When I see Kevin's posts where he can drink a half gallon of beer and STILL be under 1400, I got to try that.

Have a great week everyone!

- Dale

SW 266
    CW 258
    GW 199
  • KevinS62
    Options
    Reasonably good Dale. Still good!

Well, after crawfish boils on Friday and again on Sunday, I did a damage assessment this morning. It wasn't good. According to the scales, I had way too much food and way too much beer this weekend. Where I weight 208.4 on Friday, I showed up at 218.0 this morning. I know a lot is fluid and should drop pretty fast. But 10 lbs? I wish this was an April Fools joke. Sheesh! I got my work cut out for me this week. I'd love to see myself at the -40 mark but at this point, I'll be happy if I don't end up with a gain.

Good luck everybody.
    -Kevin
  • FitGoal165
    Options
    Hey Guys,

My weight was unchanged from last week. . This week is going to be a tough one because I had family down over the weekend and yeah, some damage was done. I only weight myself once a week (every Friday) so I am in a little suspense about what that reading is going to look like (fingers crossed).

Also, my right elbow feels a little sore so I won't be lifting this week. If this feeling keeps up, I'll have to go and get it looked at. Anyway, I need to be better about working out because I know that my goal won't be achieved my not getting some exercise going. We'll see how that works out on Friday.

SW: 182
    CW: 167
    GW: 160
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Pretty good beginning of the week. Enjoyed the weekend a bit more than I should have. Net results: Loss of three poulds.

SW: 236
    CW: 231
    GW: 190
  • KevinS62
    Options
    Here it is Hump Day. Two days before I record my weight for the week and I'm still working off the lbs I gained at two crawfish boil parties last weekend. I really need to learn to focus a lot better at parties. It would help if there wasn't so damn much food. I guess the beer probably doesn't help. Oh well. If nothing comes up between today and tomorrow, I should be able to make progress in the end.

-Kevin
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Here it is Hump Day. Two days before I record my weight for the week and I'm still working off the lbs I gained at two crawfish boil parties last weekend. I really need to learn to focus a lot better at parties. It would help if there wasn't so damn much food. I guess the beer probably doesn't help. Oh well. If nothing comes up between today and tomorrow, I should be able to make progress in the end.

-Kevin

Life is about balance. Don't beat yourself up when you have a good time, but rather use that as fuel for the next several workouts.
  • thadius65
    Options
    I agree with Amisnercpa Kevin... I hit the beers hard friday night. So, the next day, i did 18,000 steps, worked out on eliptical morning and night and worked outside cutting some dead trees down. One, it allows me the balance to enjoy life, but yet reminds me that it needs to be every once in awhile, or the old Fat Ted will come back. Here is to tomorrows weigh in!!

Heading to Pittsburgh to see if my Pens can recover from two ugly losses. Look for the bald guy on TV! Then off to Carson Street for some off the wall beer sampling at Smokin Joes (64 taps, 300 bottles). Yum!!