Calorie Deficit

Options
I have been using my BMF for about 4 days now and I do not understand what my deficit should be. I am trying to lose 2lbs a week and so MFP says I should eat 1200 calories plus what ever I work out and burn. I have it set to moderate activity and the BMF is set the same but says my intake should be 1480 calories. The past few days I have been tracing and I have been burning about 500 more calories (without working out) Should I up my calorie intake? Should I follow MFP or BMF? I am really lost the past 3 days BMF says my deficit is like 1800 calories. Help please I've been at this for like 2 months and stopped losing weight like 2 weeks ago. I will drop 2lbs then gain 2lbs then drop and so on... Its annoying because I'm hovering.

Replies

• Delked
    Delked Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm curious too, I've had mine for almost a month, I've been going by the BMF and not the MFP. But even though I leave 1000lb deficit I have not lost any weight. Yes I measure and weight all my foods
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I'm very similar to you. Haven't lost using MFP figures either though. Could 1000 cal deficit be too much?
  • freezerburn2012
    freezerburn2012 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I think that if you're using the BMF to track how much you burn, you should be using its Calorie Goal number too.

How much weight do you have to lose? Maybe a 2 lb per week goal is too aggressive.
  • betherfany
    Options
    I have about 60 to lose. I think maybe I have not been eating enough. I'm going to up my calories snd see what that does as well as try more protien.
  • thinagain2014
    thinagain2014 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    BMF has me at a much higher calorie goal than MFP and at first I was scarred to eat that much, so I made myself follow the BMF recommendations for one week. I lost exactly 2lbs each week since then. I set MFP to my BMF calorie goal and I do not track exercise on MFP. I have the two linked so that I can use the MFP food journal though because I like it better.
  • jaz050465
    Options
    I've reset it for 500 deficit- must be strong and give it a go. That's what everyone says.
  • CorgiMom2011
    CorgiMom2011 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been using BMF for 2 weeks and I'm seeing results. I struggle to lose weight and it seems that it could be because I didn't eat enough. It was scary to follow the calorie intake prescribed by BMF but it is working. Tracking my food with MFP and linking to BMF is a great combination. I'm at the lose 1.5 lbs per week goal. If you give an honest assesment of your activity level and weight lose like it asks when you set up your goals/profile, you should be successful. I think that too often, we aren't honest and end up with the wrong plan. Good luck to everyone. I just love this tool. :tongue:
  • jaz050465
    Options
    I dont understand why it's not working for me.