Let me introduce myself - I'm a newbie

Options
Hi - My name is Linda from WI - currently very cold here. I am sick of being a chubby bunny. Need to start tracking my intake and exercising. Hope to meet new friends on my journey which will not be a short one! Thanks for listening. Have a nice night!

Replies

• helliem63
    helliem63 Posts: 40
    Options
    Hi - My name is Linda from WI - currently very cold here. I am sick of being a chubby bunny. Need to start tracking my intake and exercising. Hope to meet new friends on my journey which will not be a short one! Thanks for listening. Have a nice night!

Welcome Linda. This is a lovely and friendly group. So wish you luck on your jurney!
    Helene
  • Nacho12
    Nacho12 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hi. I have actually been on the MFP site since 2007 but have logged regularly since August 2012. This time I have used the forums more and have added some friends and have found that having friends keeps you logging on regularly. It seems like I lost a little weight before and while I thought I could eat a healthy diet without logging I would eventually be off the diet (eating a little more of some things, etc.). I have lost 22 pounds since August 2012 and am close to my goal but I plan to keep logging so that I can maintain my weight and lose more body fat through healthy diet and exercise. Kathy
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda,
    I've been on MFP since last April 1. My goal was to lose 30 lbs and live a healthier lifestyle. I've only got 6 lbs to go and those will be the hardest. Having friends to encourage you and who understands the journey you're on really helps. The chat group and mini challenge group are also a lot of fun.

I've also joined the Gluten-Free group and the Food Allergy group because as of April 1 last year I had to go gluten-free because of a lifetime battle with a wheat allergy. Those groups in MFP have turned out to be very helpful.

Congratulations on taking steps to lose weight and lead a healthier lifestyle. Welcome to the group!:flowerforyou:

By the way, it is below average temps here in northern Illinois, too. Can't wait for Spring to arrive.
  • gramanana
    Options
    Hi. I have actually been on the MFP site since 2007 but have logged regularly since August 2012. This time I have used the forums more and have added some friends and have found that having friends keeps you logging on regularly. It seems like I lost a little weight before and while I thought I could eat a healthy diet without logging I would eventually be off the diet (eating a little more of some things, etc.). I have lost 22 pounds since August 2012 and am close to my goal but I plan to keep logging so that I can maintain my weight and lose more body fat through healthy diet and exercise. Kathy

I agree with you that the various forums help a lot. I've been on MFP since last April 1 and I only have 6 lbs to go. I also know that if I don't log I will go off track. I've known that for a long time, but I've always gotten bored with it. MFP really helps to keep me motivated. Maybe this will be the last time I will have to lose the same 20-30 lbs (LOL).
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda! My name is Cindy and I have been on MFP for quite a while now and have lost 25 pounds so far(slowly). You will find tons of love and support here. Take it easy and make little changes at first and do what exercise you can and you will do great!
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda...I have only been here a week or so....I joined to ....hopefully...lose the last few pounds ...... it is good to have a group like this to support and encourage........ very friendly here......

Jean
  • walkswithart
    walkswithart Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I agree with you that the various forums help a lot. I've been on MFP since last April 1 and I only have 6 lbs to go. I also know that if I don't log I will go off track. I've known that for a long time, but I've always gotten bored with it. MFP really helps to keep me motivated. Maybe this will be the last time I will have to lose the same 20-30 lbs (LOL).

Wishing you all the best on those last 6 #. It really helps to log the food. I'm wondering what I'm gonna do when we take the boat out this summer without the WEB.
  • _Liz_M_
    _Liz_M_ Posts: 39
    Options
    Hi and welcome. You will love MFP and find lots of support here.
    :flowerforyou:
  • phylsyl
    phylsyl Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Linda! This is such a great site, and group.Lots of support for you. I'll send a friend request.
  • capie123
    capie123 Posts: 34
    Options
    Your right about that. It's a life long journey but plenty of support here. Best wishes
  • KathleenC12
    KathleenC12 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome, Linda!
    First of all, good for you for deciding to DO this! And you can.

You're doing something important for yourself, and having friends here keeps you going. I can even say it's fun- work, but also fun, and MFP's process is so straightforward: eat right, log and exercise to the extent that you can.
  • meyllisa
    meyllisa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm kinda new to MFP been here a few months , only found this lovely group, everyone is so helpful and you sure learn a lot which helps to not get bored and stray, that has happened to me many times. Wishing you good luck . Thanks to everyone for your support.
    Juanita in snowy Sudbury will we ever see spring????
  • _Liz_M_
    _Liz_M_ Posts: 39
    Options
    Welcome to the newbies. This is a super group. If anyone wishes to add me as a friend, please do, but only if you are willing to share your Food Diary and log in daily. Good luck on your journey to good health.
    Liz
  • Irishgirl912
    Irishgirl912 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello ! My name is Mary, I am from Bflo, I am new to this blog and I am hoping to find people of the same age to help me with this life style change.
  • gramanana
    Options
    Hello ! My name is Mary, I am from Bflo, I am new to this blog and I am hoping to find people of the same age to help me with this life style change.

Hi Mary, I'm Ronna. This is the best place to be when you are looking for support and new ideas on how to live a healthier lifestyle at an older age. We also have a chat page and a mini challenge group that are lots of fun.

Welcome.
  • walkswithart
    walkswithart Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Welcome Mary. This is a supurb group.
  • LprLady
    LprLady Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda. My name is Lynette and I am a newbie to the group too. I already feel better just losing 5 lbs (this time) and look forward to a the benefits of this lifestyle change. Good luck!
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.

I want to give a warm welcome to the newbies here. As the others said, we are a good group and really encourage one another. It is just nice to have a place also where if we were bad, we can say so without being chastised. I see Ronna has let you know also about the other group we have, the chat and challenge group. Come join us and if you have any ideas for an exercise for the weekly challenge, please feel free to let us know.

Good luck to you all on your journey.

Marjie
  • gramanana
    Options
    Hi Linda. My name is Lynette and I am a newbie to the group too. I already feel better just losing 5 lbs (this time) and look forward to a the benefits of this lifestyle change. Good luck!

Hi Lynette,
    Welcome! I'm glad to see you look at this as a lifestyle change and not a diet because in my experience, dieting doesn't work. Good luck to you on this journey.
  • dianefisher47
    dianefisher47 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my name is Diane I am 65, I have previously lost 32 pounds and have 27 more to lose. I joined MFP Jan 2012 and I have been going up and down...I have tried so many things so that I end up after over a year and have not lost a lot. Being over 60 is really a challenge for weight loss. I am from Canada Province of Quebec:flowerforyou:

you can add me as friend