April No Scale Challenge

Options
lilvonne80
lilvonne80 Posts: 24 Member
I decided that for the rest of the month I WILL NOT LOOK AT MY SCALE! I looked today as an APRIL fools joke, and decided NO MORE! So no scale for the next 29 days. Who wants to take on the challenge? We can use this space to write about how we feel not looking at the scale. no matter how liberating or scary it may be. THE SCALE WILL NO LONGER DEFINE ME!

Replies

• colleen3115
    colleen3115 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Bah! I wish I hadn't seen this ;)

I accept your challenge! I was already down to only weighing once a week. I weighed in this morning. So no more till May 1st.
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh that will be hard! I just switched from everyday to once a week (sundays). No weigh in till May 1st? I dont think i can handle it. Lol
  • MrsCJ1
    MrsCJ1 Posts: 77
    Options
    Love this! I had a recent experience of weighing myself to see that I weighed exactly the same as I had the month before...prior to embarking on the p90x/EM2WL journey :sad: . The next day (for kicks) I weighed myself again. Same scale, same clothes even! (working out on vacation so I didn't have much to wear) I weighed 2.5lbs less than I had the day before. IMPOSSIBLE for this to be fat. That is when I made the decision that I HATE the scale. :smile: For this reason I TOTALLY accept your challenge.
  • laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Great Idea!! I am hoping to be at my goal for my birthday May 1st, so not weighing myself in April sounds good!!!
  • misskym
    misskym Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!! I weigh in usually every 3 or so weeks, so what's one more week?! :) I actually haven't weighed myself in a week or two, so I'll be going even longer.
  • cherrybomb_77
    cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I need to do this. The longest I've gone was 6 days :/ But I accept your challenge! I do need to do my monthly weigh and measure on Friday, but other than that I will not weight until May. I hope. I mean, I can do it!
  • MonicaBenavidez
    MonicaBenavidez Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I am so tired of being a slave to the scale. I am going to eat my calories, exercise, drink water and do the best I can. The scale has to move eventually, right? This is gonna be hard! I am going to hide my scale in the garage. :)
  • foxy59lady
    foxy59lady Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm in. After reading the posts on Eat More to Weigh Less group. I decided do a metabolism reset after plateauing for three months. I was only eating 1200-1400 calories and I was weighing just about twice a week, and wasn't losing even though I journaled, and exercised 6-7 days a week. So I decided enough is enough I am upping my calories to get the scale moving so my body doesn't think it is starving. I am going to do more strength training too since cardio was getting me no where even though I always had good loses in the past. Being only 10 lbs. from my goal my body wants to hold onto every calorie. May 1st. will be six weeks from the start of my reset which I guess it takes to get my metabolism back in line, so hopefully the scale will love me again. I just hope I can stay from the scale till then. Good luck!!
  • chuckles9189
    chuckles9189 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I'm in.