Week 1!! Day 1!

Options
IamSheaMc
IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
It's April 1st which marks day 1 of our Insanity workout. Please Please please take your before pictures no matter how bad you think they are, you will want to see how far you have come after completing this program. Also weigh in and take your measurements. You are free to post your starting stats, if you want no pressure, it's o.k if you chose not to.

Today is ((FIT TEST)) day again feel free to post your results. Looking forward to seeking everyone log in and be accountable.

Press play & dig deep!

Replies

• traci_marie
    Options
    Dripping with sweat. No nausea though! Yaaay! I don't feel like I did all that well, but at least I finished and took fewer breaks than I thought I would!

Switch Kicks: 50
    Power Jacks: 42
    Power Knees: 65
    Power Jumps: 10
    Globe Jumps: 6
    Suicide Jumps: 6 (Let's call them what they *really* are...burpees on CRACK!)
    Push-up Jacks: 18
    Low Plank Obliques: 35
  • kgolden04
    Options
    Switch Kicks: 61
    Power Jacks: 33
    Power Knees: 78
    Power Jumps: 25
    Globe Jumps: 7
    Suicide Jumps: 9
    Push-up Jacks: 11
    Low Plank Oblique: 41

Suicide jumps look so easy when everyone in that gym does them...I couldn't believe how much effort it took me just to get my legs in and out!

Katie
  • IamSheaMc
    Options
    Dripping with sweat. No nausea though! Yaaay! I don't feel like I did all that well, but at least I finished and took fewer breaks than I thought I would!
    I thought I would have done better myself but I burned out, it was rough!
    Suicide jumps look so easy when everyone in that gym does them...I couldn't believe how much effort it took me just to get my legs in and out!
    I couldn't get my knees to hop up between my arms lol smh my body just couldn't comprehend that move smh lol

Good job guys we will get better!
  • IamSheaMc
    Options
    Week 1!! Day 2!! April 2nd ((((Plyometric Cardio Circuit))))

Lets keep posting here for the week to minimize the numbers of topics.

• ShallaLovee1
    ShallaLovee1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Sorry I didn't post yesterday but here are my stats from the fit test and my before pictures. (Just in case the pictures are big I'm sorry ahead of time LOL)

3307cjs.jpg

287i1ys.jpg

Can't count on my weight right now seeing as though its that TOM. I'm just sticking with my weight from a few weeks ago which was 173.8 I'm 5'4.

My Stats for the Fit Test

1. Switch Kicks- 107
    2. Power Jacks-59
    3. Power Knees- 95
    4. Power Jumps- 15
    5. Globe Jumps- 9
    6. Suicide Jumps- 10
    7. Push-Up Jacks- 10
    8. Low Plank Oblique- 40

Day 2 of Insanity! WOOT WOOT!
  • IamSheaMc
    Options

1. Switch Kicks- 107

We got the same amount of switch kicks :drinker: lol way to go!
  • ShallaLovee1
    Options

1. Switch Kicks- 107

We got the same amount of switch kicks :drinker: lol way to go!

LOL, we did! How did you do with Plyo? I think I did alright for my first time. Dude that was hell! I was like wtf not again. Come on Shaun T. I wanted to scream.
  • danele85
    danele85 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    01/04/2013

Switch Kicks: 78
    Power Jacks: 41
    Power Knees: 85
    Power Jumps: 30
    Globe Jumps: 8
    Suicide Jumps: 14
    Push-up Jacks: 16
    Low Plank Obliques: 35

Killed me!

Can't wait for plyrometrics in half an hour!!!
  • kgolden04
    Options
    Week 1 Day 2: Plyometric Cardio Circuit

I actually survived better than I thought I would! I think I had it so built up in my head that I thought it actually might kill me and then the reality didn't seem so bad :) Don't get me wrong, I was in a heap on the floor by the middle of it, I did nowhere near the number of reps they did, and my heart rate monitor still nearly exploded, but I did it!

HRM said I burned a little over 500 calories - not bad for a 40 minute period that included two rounds of stretching!
  • ShallaLovee1
    Options
    I also did okay. They were going to fast when it came to the last circuit. The Push-Ups and all that. I was trying to go at my own pace but it was just making me mad LOL. I did the best I could though. WE MADE IT THROUGH DAY 2! Wooooo! I'm already sore as hell. I wish I had a HRM it would be nice knowing exactly how many calories I've burned.
  • beecee13
    beecee13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Completed the day 2 workout earlier this afternoon. I agree with dcgirl and shalla about thinking it would be way harder than it was (even though it was still hard)! The last circuit really killed me as Shalla said because they were going so fast and it was hard to keep up. I took a couple of breaks and modified a few things but all in all I think it went pretty well. As expected, I was on the floor by the end of it! Ready for day 3 tomorrow!
  • IamSheaMc
    Options
    LOL, we did! How did you do with Plyo? I think I did alright for my first time. Dude that was hell! I was like wtf not again. Come on Shaun T. I wanted to scream.

Just did Plyo, ahhh thank God for the stretching portion because that cardio was no joke. Hope to get better as I go. (My poor muscles don't know what to do at this point)

Good job everyone...Keep going and keep logging!
  • ShallaLovee1
    Options
    Yeah, I thought the soreness would kick in later tonight or tomorrow.. Boy was I wrong LOL. Immediately after the workout my legs and upper back muscles were starting to hurt. Has anyone took a sneak peak at tomorrows workout? I just want an idea of what were doing but I don't feel like going to the living room and popping it in.. LOL #lazymood.:tongue:
  • BrittanyLail
    BrittanyLail Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Did plyo on Monday!
  • IamSheaMc
    Options
    DAY 3 CARDIO POWER & RESISTANCE

Push play dig deep and let us know how it goes!

Well apparently it's that TOM and I don't even like to move at this point. Sad to say I didn't push hard bloated with cramps. :sad:
    Can't wait to be back to normal working hard.
  • ShallaLovee1
    Options
    DAY 3 CARDIO POWER & RESISTANCE

Push play dig deep and let us know how it goes!

Well apparently it's that TOM and I don't even like to move at this point. Sad to say I didn't push hard bloated with cramps. :sad:
    Can't wait to be back to normal working hard.

I feel you. Day 3 Complete! It was intense. He wasn't kidding when he said you will be in a pool of your own sweat. I was sweating like a pig. Sweat all over me, sweat all over the floor and my mat. It was crazy. Can't wait for the Recovery workout tomorrow. I did the best I could. My hip flex er on my left side hurts. It hurts to lift my legs up but it is what it is. Anyways, how did you guys do?
  • kgolden04
    Options
    Week 1 Day 3: Cardio Power and Resistance

Am I the only one who thinks those "stretches" are not really so much of a break? I ended up sitting down on the floor and doing my own thing after my muscles couldn't balance me anymore :) I think I need to start doing yoga...

Katie
  • beecee13
    beecee13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Just finished Day 3!! Wow that last circuit with all the hurdle jumps and globe jumps was killer! I could barely do the cool down stretches for how tired my legs were. I also need to figure out that triceps move...I didn't understand how to make my elbows bend like they did :P

Anyway...another workout done and one day closer to completing Insanity! Good job guys!!
  • ShallaLovee1
    Options
    I also need to figure out that triceps move...I didn't understand how to make my elbows bend like they did :P

I was so tired during that part that when I looked at what we were doing I was like whatever LOL. I tried to do one and I just could not get my hips up.
  • Mixer_2012
    Mixer_2012 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Here are my Fit Test results:
    Fit Test Results:

Switch Kicks: 124

Power Jacks: 46

Power Knees: 70

Power Jumps: 27

Globe Jumps: 10

Suicide Jumps: 13

Push-Up Jacks: 11

Low Plank Oblique: 40

I completed Day 1 - Plyometric Cardio Circuit a few minutes ago.
    The push up circuit made me want to cry.. Actually, I think I did cry.
    It can only get better from here...I hope. :-)