Body Revoultionaries, starting april 1st, phase 1

Options
medoria
medoria Posts: 673 Member
Ok, so Ive been sick and wont be able to start tomorrow as planed but I thought I would start a thread anyway, I think Ill at the end of the week. Post you´re workouts, what you are struggling with etc and lets motivate each other! Good luck!

Replies

• dani_doing_it
    dani_doing_it Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hey hope you are feeling better!!

I will be starting w1 w/o 1 tonight... will try to do my workouts in teh morning but after the long weekend hard to get out of bed this morning! lol!

I have done BR prior to Xmas and liked how toned I got! I am not a fan of the cardio workouts so I will be alternating with running.

Looking forward to round 2!!

Let's do this!!
  • JillStone17
    JillStone17 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm sick too! Horrible stuffy nose and headache, but I got up and did my Week 1 workout 1 DVD this morning and it felt pretty good. I tried out the 1st and 2nd workouts last week just for something to do and I liked them. I've been running at least 10 miles a week for the past few months so I didn't feel like the workouts were that hard. I definitely feel it though! I've heard once you get to the third DVD they really step it up. I'm kind of scared. Il sticking to 1200 calories but not Jillian's meal plan. On the days I run I might add a few more calories in. Just because I m ow how hungry I get sometimes after running. Good luck everyone!
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Did the first workout this morning, and will do the cardio disc after work! I love it so far (I'm sure my tune will change eventually!). I ordered a HRM today and that is arriving Wednesday. I don't eat my exercise calories back but I want to know how much I'm burning and how my heart rate is so I can know if I need to step it up a notch.
  • yankee_grl
    Options
    I started today. Did Week 1 Workout 1 this morning. I am doing the Kickstart plan this week so I will do the cardio this evening. Good luck everyone!! We can do this!
  • sxymilf
    sxymilf Posts: 17
    Options
    Im starting today, just have to get the kids to bed then i will be ready to be whooped by Jillian lol
  • anjay323
    anjay323 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just did workout 1 and it was great. Easy to follow which is great because if things tend to be complicated I give up. I'm not doing the kickstart and not following her food plan. I do plan on keeping my calories around 1400 though, so hopefully I'll still lose weight. I also figure the circuit training was probably the closest as far as calories. I'm excited! Good Luck Everyone!
  • rhondamamaof6
    Options
    I hope you all feel better! There has been a lot of the same kind of stuff going on all over the country. I have had a cough for about 2 weeks now but it is slowly getting better. i did dvd 1 today and feel great about it. I didn't want to and told myself I would just do 15 minutes and once I got going I actually wanted to finish! I did the dvds about a year ago and got up to dvd7&8. I had great results. But I have been a slump in this last year. I want to lose at least 50 lbs. and my ultimate goal is to lose 70. I have been having some bp issues and need to get healthy! I hope we can all help to keep each other going! Good luck. I will be prepared to be sore tomorrow!
  • ravensgirl87
    ravensgirl87 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I actually greatly enjoyed my workout this morning.... And that says a lot because I HATE working out. I really like Jillian's intensity and enthusiasm. Looking forward to workout two tomorrow morning!!
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I actually started last week, so I'm still on DVDs 1 and 2. At first they kicked my butt, but now I don't feel so exhausted even though I work up a good sweat. I was so sore after the first time I did workout 1. Thankfully, that's stopped now so I must be making at least some progress.
  • JillStone17
    Options
    I'm so sore! lol It's a good feeling, but so tight in my legs! I'm still sniffling and coughing a little but I didn't get my run in today so I might do the cardip DVD tonight. If I can get my butt off the couch. Good luck to all of you! Here's to seeing some results soon ;)
  • medoria
    Options
    How heavy are your dumbells? I´ll try using my 8s but I also have 6 lbs dumbells.
  • JillStone17
    Options
    Meloria, not sure who you were talking to but I only have 3 and 5 pound weights. I could definitely use heavier so I'm going to get 8's and 10's today . Got workout 2 done today. Feeling better from my cold. Here's to a good day everyone!
  • sunshinestater
    Options
    I only have threes and fives too, so I'm going to get heavier ones.
  • medoria
    Options
    It was a general question! Nice to see the ambition, it will pay off, I can guarentee! Im feeling a lot better, I think Ill give Workout 1 a chance tomorrow!
  • jeena86
    jeena86 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I just started week 1 workout 1 last night and dang...i must reallyyyyy have been out of shape because i was out of breath once the workout was done!! Also, i did the cardio1 workout right after workout 1 and it kicked my *kitten*!! Im just sticking to a 1200 calorie diet because the kick start meal plan sounds like something I will not be able to stick to. Just going to take this workout one day at a time! LETS GET THERE TOGETHER!
  • JillStone17
    Options
    Oh my goodness I've been so hungry today! I had eggs this morning after my workout then had my lunch and a snack this afternoon and I came home and was ravenous! I won't tell you what I ate because it wasn't good and I don't want to tempt anybody but tomorrow I need to bring a more substantial lunch so I don't get so ravenous in the afternoon. I did not end up doing cardio last night. Being sick I thought it was better to go to bed early. I feel better today so I think it was a good choice. Getting ready to make a Jillian Michaels dinner and then save part of it for lunch tomorrow. Hope it's good!

I got heavier weights tonight so I am excited to try them with my workouts. First time doing cardio tonight. I'm nervous!

How is everyone else doing? Eating? Getting the workouts in? Sore?
  • sunshinestater
    Options
    I'm sore today from workout 2, which surprises me since this is my second week. Not doing too bad with the eating. I had a couple of over calorie days, but not by much. I'm just reading 3 and 4 if 2 is getting me sore.
  • Thereupon
    Thereupon Posts: 52
    Options
    ^ I'm also sorer after workout 2 this week than I was last week! I think I must've been working harder at it... First week seemed to me more about discovering how much I could sustain in 30 minutes. Now I'm just throwing myself fully into it!
  • medoria
    Options
    Just did workout 1, it was not that bad. Only lost a few reps on the tricep kickbacks and the lateral raises, but besides that Im pretty satistfied the work I put in.
  • JillStone17
    Options
    Great job everybody! I have a definite soreness that just hangs around mostly my legs. It's not so bad that I can't move but just a reminder that I've been working out. I did cardio last night and then again this morning. Looking forward to heavier weights for my strength workout in the morning. Hoping to get a run in tonight so I can burn some more calories.

I have a heart rate monitor on my Garmin and I've been using it to track how many calories I burn during these workouts. I was kind of disappointed to find that for the strength workouts I only burn about 140 calories and for a cardio workout only about 170. I'm hoping the harder workouts will burn more.......I'm guessing they will.

Going to back a better lunch today and hope not to splurge at the end of the day. Gotta get these calories balanced out. I was keeping my calories at 1200 before, but I wasn't working out. It seems like now that I'm burning more I should up the calories just a bit? I don't know, I guess it will take some tweaking.

Is anyone using the program word for word? Diet and all? Just wondering what everyone is doing as far as diet/calories etc. Anyone adding extra workouts in?

Have a great day!