No more trouble zones

Options
2»

Replies

• BigBigBertha
    BigBigBertha Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I've been loving NMTZ but it's starting to not be so much of a challenge anymore after a month or so of doing it twice a week. Which of her other dvds do you guys think is the most similar to it? I like NMTZ mainly because it is a total body workout, and not cardio based. I'm thinking maybe Ripped in 30 or Extreme Shed & Shred, but I'm not sure... any ideas?
  • Kidostud
    Kidostud Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I've been loving NMTZ but it's starting to not be so much of a challenge anymore after a month or so of doing it twice a week. Which of her other dvds do you guys think is the most similar to it? I like NMTZ mainly because it is a total body workout, and not cardio based. I'm thinking maybe Ripped in 30 or Extreme Shed & Shred, but I'm not sure... any ideas?

I read somewhere on the reviews of her DVD's that Extreme shed & shred is very nice and similar to 30DS. I like the 30DS system of doing strength, cardio and abs in one circuit. So, I want to try Extreme s & s next. I get extremely bored with the workouts if I have to do them every day, that's why I alternate them a lot. But, I need some new dvd's now for more variation.
  • janjangoodeats
    janjangoodeats Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'll be starting Extreme Shred & Shred tomorrow, so I'll let you know what it's like after I finish it.
  • AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 434 Member
    Options

I read somewhere on the reviews of her DVD's that Extreme shed & shred is very nice and similar to 30DS. I like the 30DS system of doing strength, cardio and abs in one circuit. So, I want to try Extreme s & s next. I get extremely bored with the workouts if I have to do them every day, that's why I alternate them a lot. But, I need some new dvd's now for more variation.

If you like the 3-2-1 system in 30DS you will also like Ripped in 30 as that's the same format. :smile: It's also a little better in that you only spend 7 days on a level as opposed to 10 with 30DS so a bit less boredom involved.
  • ReaGaladriel
    ReaGaladriel Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    This is my first DVD by Jillian and I'm on my 3. day. I'm planning on doing it 6 days a week for 30 days. It's killer workout and my muscles are sore but I can only hope it will get easier :D
    Today was day 2 of NMTZ for me. There aren't many people talking about this video on MFP, unlike 30ds.
    I recently finished 30DS and was really impressed/pleasantly surprised by the results - I lost about 14 inches overall and really saw a difference in my before and after photos. Hopefully NMTZ will help me tone up.

How do you log it as exercise? I feel like I still get a decent calorie burn, even if there's not a lot of cardio; I'm not out of breath quite like 30ds, but the workout is longer....so I log it as 300 calories, total estimate.

Also, how often do you do it? I'm going to try to do it 3 days, then 2 days of Shred, and repeat.

I log it as Curves Circuit Training and I get about 250 calories burnt. If I log it as circuit training, general I get a lot of calories burnt (about 394) which doesn't seems right to me.