What are you working on now?

Options
124»

Replies

• shawls1
    shawls1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Currently, most of my knitting is on hold -- I have a scarf I keep in the car for random "sitting around and waiting" moments.

Why, you may ask?

Well, my daughter is gearing up for the spring school theater production -- they are doing a children's musical version of Jack and the Beanstalk, and she is Jack's mom.

She's also in the Theater Arts II class which is doing much of the production work, including costuming.

The Dietz Women design team put their heads together, and we are working on 3 costumes: poverty-stricken peasant, affluent "middle" class, and over the top money tacky (including a golden egg necklace).

We are having a grand and glorious time painting gold metallic paisleys on purple fabric, then gluing fake jewels on it.

But.....I have 2 skirts, a pinafore, and a jacket to sew. Not to mention headgear, which we haven't settled on yet (although I think a tiara will be making an appearance).

So that's what I'll be doing for the next week or so!
  • meeulk
    meeulk Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    One of my best friends is getting married and asked me to crochet his wedding tie! I'm super excited.. and also completely nervous that it's going to look terrible. At least he has a back up!
  • ameline7
    Options
    I am making a little knit shrug from raverly called the shoulder holder. I've also been hibernating the sagebrush shawl from there as well, I have been having the darndest time getting the opening to fit comfortably. I even went up to size 12 needles but... still too tight. I might have to do a bind of where every 5 or so stitches I do an increase so that the thing fits XD
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I'm working on washcloths for a friend. I did one of those craft pay it forward things on facebook.
  • Eeyore_Chick
    Eeyore_Chick Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    OK - I LOVE SPINNING!!! OMG! It is so relaxing! DH was concerned that the wheel he got me for Christmas would end up as a dust collector but I really enjoy it! He asked me the other night when we're getting a sheep...lol

I've dpun up a couple batts of roving from KnitPicks & a bit that I got from River City Yarn & last night I started on a 1lb bag of Llama/Merino that I picked up on Friday. Wonder when I might actually get around to making something with it though...lol - right now I'm enjoying making it too much :)
  • healthycrone
    healthycrone Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I just posted about what I'm working on in the introductions thread. I admire anyone who has the courage to spin. I want to but thing it would be like crack for me. I'd never stop and would end up bleary-eyed in the middle of the room with yarn piled to the ceiling all around me, that I'll never have time to knit.
  • scrapmonkey
    scrapmonkey Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm not really a spinner (I ca't seem to get a consistency going), but I recently spun a little when I couldn't find the right light green for a calla lily knitting project (to be felted later) but I could find wool in that green.
    As for projects I'm working on now, I am trying to finish a hat in the next day, a lace shawl by mid-April, a pair of socks by next week, another pair of socks by end of April and a sweater by July for the hubby (yes these are already works in progress), never mind the blankets that have been lingering for a while that I pick up once in a blue moon... Can you say KADD (knitting ADD)?
  • bigsis91
    bigsis91 Posts: 35
    Options
    I'm working on dishcloths.:smile:
  • SLHartman
    SLHartman Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Around Christmas time I decided I wanted to make afghans for each of our FOUR nephews. One is done, the second is about 90% complete and I have no idea what to do for the other two. Thank goodness for summer vacation coming up. Hopefully I can crank out the last two then.