Body Revoultionaries, starting april 1st, phase 1

Options

Replies

• Colie001
    Colie001 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Today is my day 3 of the program. I've been following the kickstart menu to a T and so far yesterday was my hardest day. I kept thinking about food and wanting to snack...though I haven't given into the voice in my head telling me I want to eat this has really made me realize how much "grazing" I have been doing inbetween meals. I've stuck to the food menu though and my calories have been coming in just under 1200. This morning I did wake up starving and kinda have a headache, but I really want to try and stick to following her meal plans just to see what happens. I do much better when I have structure and am told exactly what to eat. My problem is once I finish a program I always end up slowly putting the weight back on. What I'm hoping to get out of Jillian's program is not only weightloss and fitness =) but to also finally get over my food issues... Hope everyone has a great day today!!!
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I plan to do the workouts just as scheduled, but I´ll be portioning the cardio out on the rest of the four workouts ( add 20 minutes from cardio 3 every other day since Ive already done cardio 1 and 2) and try to jog 1 - 3 times a week for about half an hour and do Jillian MIchaels Yoga Meltdown on my rest days. We´ll see how this works out in practice, but Im hopeful.

I attend to eat between 1200 - 1600 kcal a day. I´m gluten intolerant ( not diagnosed ) so I dont eat any wheat at unless I cheat, which happens maybe once every two weeks. I also do IF, intermittent fasting, sticking with one meal a day stretched over about 4 horus ( then I fast for minimum of 16 hours, maximum of 24). Any questions you have about IF is better you inbox me about so this thread dont get hijacked becoming a debate about however IF is dangerorus, but I just thought you all should now. Also, those of you who have added me as your friends might be wondering why I dont log my food, and its because Im from Sweden and it´s simple to much of a hustle trying to find anything remotely like my grocerys but if you are curious about what I eat, just ask!
  • dani_doing_it
    dani_doing_it Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Today ended up being my day one. I am also planning to add 30 mins of cardio everyday running, walking, eliptical etc.

I am not following her menu plan - way to hard to do with working full time, kids and hubby. But I do stick to 1350 cal a day and eat back some exercise cals. I tried 'eating more' and TDEE -20% and had no luck.

Based on my past go round with BR I will tell you that although the scale did not move dramatically (10lbs over the 90 days) but the inches came off and I shrunk in sizes... I felt toned, fit and had loads of energy!!

I fell off the wagon at Christmas and briefly got back on early Feb, but I am determined to get back to where I was at - I've gained back 6lbs and feel heavy and tired...

I know that the only reason I stuck to it last time was because of the support and encouragement on these boards, please feel free to friend me and I look forward to hearing about your BR journey!!

Have a great day!
  • titanvbgrl14
    titanvbgrl14 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Starting phase 1 today. Looking for some others who are just starting to help keep each other motivated. Add me as a friend if you are just starting this week. Thanks! And good luck!
  • Running_Peripheral
    Options
    I started Body Revolution today, Phase I. It was a good workout. There were some repeat exercises from her Ripped in 30 days DVD but over all there was a higher cardio tempo and new moves. I also liked she didn't kill me on core but a good routine.

Anyone else? How did you like Day 1 of Phase 1?
  • dani_doing_it
    Options
    I started Body Revolution today, Phase I. It was a good workout. There were some repeat exercises from her Ripped in 30 days DVD but over all there was a higher cardio tempo and new moves. I also liked she didn't kill me on core but a good routine.

Anyone else? How did you like Day 1 of Phase 1?

Having done most of Jillian's DVDs you will notice alot of the same moves with modifications. BR really starts to get hard on weeks 7&8 lots of plyo is added... I am not a fan of her cardio, especially #3. Week 6 is a good ab/core workout.

Take your time to build your strength and balance in the first few weeks... you will need it!

Stick to it and you will see results :)
  • ravensgirl87
    ravensgirl87 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    One thing I've learned so far... I SUCK at dieting!!!! It doesn't help that this was my birthday week.... So a couple nights out with friends and family. I haven't tried any of Jillian's recipes. Does anyone have one they recommend??
  • JillStone17
    JillStone17 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Revensgirl, I tried the Fritatta and it was pretty good. I ended up burning the bottom but that was my own stupidity, nothing to do with the recipe. I actually doubled the recipe and cut it up and refrigerated it and have been taking it to work in the morning and heating it up before class starts and it's just as good. So, it's something that holds up good in the fridge. I have some other recipes I'm wanting to try but just haven't gotten to the store to get the ingredients yet.

Well this morning I got to use my new heavier weights and it helped to up the calorie burn just a little. I didn't get to run last night because my 5 year old was wanting some mommy time and I didn't feel right leaving for a run :/ I ended up having a really small dinner to compensate for the lack of cardio in the afternoon.

I'm thinking of changing out Cardio 2 for Cardio 1. Cardio 1 just doesn't get me going like I think it should. I know it's geared towards beginners and I think since I've been running so long I could probably handle Cardio 2 right now. The strength training seems to be right on.

Any other runners out there? How has Cardio 1 been for you?

I'm excited to finish Phase 1 and do my measurements again, I know the weight won't be making any significant changes so I'm going to have to rely on inches.........I might have to measure after 2 weeks just to see if there's any improvement....I need the motivation.

For those of you that are doing this program for a 2nd time how many inches/pounds did you lose the first time around?

Hope everyone has a great day. I love starting my day with Jillian, makes me feel accomplished before I even get to work :)
  • Colie001
    Colie001 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Revensgirl, I tried the Fritatta and it was pretty good. I ended up burning the bottom but that was my own stupidity, nothing to do with the recipe. I actually doubled the recipe and cut it up and refrigerated it and have been taking it to work in the morning and heating it up before class starts and it's just as good. So, it's something that holds up good in the fridge. I have some other recipes I'm wanting to try but just haven't gotten to the store to get the ingredients yet.

Well this morning I got to use my new heavier weights and it helped to up the calorie burn just a little. I didn't get to run last night because my 5 year old was wanting some mommy time and I didn't feel right leaving for a run :/ I ended up having a really small dinner to compensate for the lack of cardio in the afternoon.

I'm thinking of changing out Cardio 2 for Cardio 1. Cardio 1 just doesn't get me going like I think it should. I know it's geared towards beginners and I think since I've been running so long I could probably handle Cardio 2 right now. The strength training seems to be right on.

Any other runners out there? How has Cardio 1 been for you?

I'm excited to finish Phase 1 and do my measurements again, I know the weight won't be making any significant changes so I'm going to have to rely on inches.........I might have to measure after 2 weeks just to see if there's any improvement....I need the motivation.

For those of you that are doing this program for a 2nd time how many inches/pounds did you lose the first time around?

Hope everyone has a great day. I love starting my day with Jillian, makes me feel accomplished before I even get to work :)

Hi Jill,

I'm a runner as well, and on the days I've just done the work 1 with cardio 1 I don't feel that I'm getting a really good calorie burn. Yesterday and Monday I did work out 1, cardio 1, and then went for a run and I am feeling it this morning. The challenge is I don't normally have the time to work out for 2 hours a day =)

I think swapping out Cardio 1 for Cardio 2 is a good idea. Let me know if you notice a difference. Have a great day!
  • Running_Peripheral
    Options
    I'm not following the diet. I'm mostly a plant-based diet so her menu plan really won't work for me. I finished Day 2 of Phase I (after 3 days of Ripped in 30 prior to it) and I'm sore.

I will be glad for Saturday because it's my rest day.
  • JillStone17
    Options
    Ok Colie so I switched to Cardio 2 tonight and wow! It was WAY better. I was out of breath and sweating the whole time. I ended up burning 250 calories opposed to 170, so I was happier with that.

I'm still sick, coughing and congested and I'm trying not to over do it too much, but I feel so much better after a workout it's hard to skip them. I'm hoping the extra sleep I've been trying to get will eventually heal me.......I don't want to miss workouts :(

Still struggling with food...even though I've been restricting my calories to around 1200 for months now, it's like all of a sudden because I HAVE to I try to sabotage, well maybe it's just the delicious Easter Candy all over this house. That's why I've been trying to do extra cardio. Maybe it will balance out?

How was everyone else's day?

Jill
  • medoria
    Options
    Yesterday I did workout 2. It was not hard but my body still struggles to find the form, for example with the lunges with torso rotation, no balance, dont understand this since its a fairly easy move.

Didnt get much sleep so will see if ill do cardio 3 or a jog, ill try to take a nap when I come home from my lecture, if I dont I just make up for it in the next days.
  • Thereupon
    Thereupon Posts: 52
    Options
    Lunges with torso rotation are a killer for my balance, too. I can do a few, then I have to reach for the wall or end up tap dancing to try to remain upright. It can be quite irritating because as you said, it's really not a strenuous move, but Jillian does repeat that she's trying to work on our balance in the first weeks... Anyway, you're not alone! It's harder than they make it look!
  • Juneaux12
    Juneaux12 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm starting this soon (maybe tomorrow!). I know I'm late for an April 1st group, but I'll check in here anyway.
    Good luck to everyone - hope to have a tight body by the end of June!
  • yankee_grl
    Options
    Good morning ladies! I am just about to finish Week 1. I am just curious what size hand weights others are using? I started of very small since I have not worked out in so long. Only 3 and 5 lbs. I already feel like I can take it up a notch. What are you beginners using?
  • medoria
    Options
    What weight of dumbells to use is so individual, it totally depends on how familiar you are with Jillians previous workouts. Ive done almost all of them so using 6 lbs dumbells doing the first round of JMBR was hard but not to much of a struggle. Its better to count at what point you start loosing reps. Lets say for exampel you do a bicep curl with a 3 lbs weight 12 reps with no problem, but when you do it with the 5 lbs dumbell you end up only being able to finish 5 reps, ask yourself what is most benificial for you. If you can pull off 12 reps with the heavier but feel a burn like hell, maybe use the heavier in the first set, the ligther in the second.
  • skosior
    skosior Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started on Monday too, I love this workout. I really like that it's different every day, even if you repeat the same thing two weeks in a row, and it lets you have some days of rest. I'm doing yoga every day as well as a way to stretch before and after Body Rev, so on my days off, I'm still doing 40 minutes of Yoga (using WiiFit... sometimes I fall off the balance board, but at least I'm trying lol). I'm playing the Game On diet with a bunch of friends, so I have to do 20 minutes of something every day in order to get my exercise points for the Game. I'm having trouble with the pushups part, but that will get better I'm sure with time. The whole backs of my legs have been sore all week, so I know it's working!! Good luck everyone!!
  • ravensgirl87
    ravensgirl87 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    We're almost done week 1!!! Yay go us!!! I'm almost starting to look forward to seeing Jillian every morning... Almost :)
  • dani_doing_it
    Options
    Workout 2 done!! Followed it up with 20 mins of pilates... I find JM's cool downs lacking and like streching things out with the pilates afterwards.

I'm taking my 'before pics' tomorrow morning and can't wait to see the results!! I didn't take pics last time only measurements.

Hope everyone is enjoying it!!
  • JillStone17
    Options
    Getting ready to do my final cardio for the week. I bumped up to cardio 2 because cardio 1 just wasn't cutting it. Hoping to go for a long run today to finish off the week strong. I haven't lost any weight but not really expecting to, I can tell my body is getting tighter already. Loving this program so far!

Great job this week everyone! 84 more days to go!