03/31/13 to 04/06/013 Run, Walk or Crawl

Options
reese66
reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
"Running has always been a relief and a sanctuary—something that makes me feel good, both physically and mentally. For me it's not so much about the health benefits. Those are great, but I believe that the best thing about running is the joy it brings to life."
Kara Goucher

"That's the thing about running: your greatest runs are rarely measured by racing success. They are moments in time when running allows you to see how wonderful your life is."
Kara Goucher

15 miles starting Sunday and ending Saturday... Yep that easy and you know you can do it! Just log your daily miles, the total miles for the week and encourage your fellow challengers to make their goals, yep it's that easy.

"Run when you can. Walk when you must. Crawl if you have to. Just never give up." Dean Karnazes, the Ultramarathon Man

For the folks returning you know that the 15 miles is not the main goal. The main goal is just to get up and get moving, if you don't meet it that's fine and you surpass it, well that just freaking rocks.

For new comers the preferred method of posting miles would be:

Sunday-miles-what you did Monday-miles-what you did Tuesday-miles-what you did So on and so forth, posted daily or when the miles occur...

Total- Running total for the week thus far

As always this is not set in stone, if you post every other day or whatever fits into your schedule, but please try to stay close to the above format.

For those folks that don't do miles

http://www.digitaldutch.com/unitconverter/

for conversion to be made easy (Thanks Nonafit)

"I'll never do that again!"
-Grete Waitz after winning the first of nine consecutive New York City Marathons

Replies

• debi_f
    debi_f Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Sunday: 3.81 miles (at a 6:30 min/mi!!!) Very beautiful run for a fine Easter morning... Felt SOOO good!

WTD: 3.81 miles

For those of you who celebrate it, Happy Easter! For everyone, here's to a great week!

Tomorrow is my first run (just a 5K), and I'm a bit nervous and excited all at the same time. Wish me luck!
  • reese66
    Options
    Sunday: 3.81 miles (at a 6:30 min/mi!!!) Very beautiful run for a fine Easter morning... Felt SOOO good!

WTD: 3.81 miles

For those of you who celebrate it, Happy Easter! For everyone, here's to a great week!

Tomorrow is my first run (just a 5K), and I'm a bit nervous and excited all at the same time. Wish me luck!

Great job!!! Can't wait to hear about your 5k :)
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Monday: 3.25 miles running

Total: 3.25 miles running
  • debi_f
    Options
    Sun 03/31/13 03:14 PM
    Monday: 3.11 miles running (5k race) The race was disappointing. Hmm...

WTD: 6.92 miles
  • melkadee
    melkadee Posts: 5,598 Member
    Options
    Sunday ~ 0 miles
    Monday ~ .5 miles (walking) & 4.0 miles (cycling)
  • cyndimcd
    cyndimcd Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    OK if I join in? I could use some accountability in my running.

Mon - 1.7 mi, 1 hour body works
    Tues - 4 mi
    WTD - 5.7 mi
  • natalie412
    Options
    Tuesday: 4.75 miles running

Total: 8 miles running
  • natalie412
    Options

Tues - 4 mi
    WTD - 5.7 mi

Welcome, Cyndi!
  • stealthSLOTH
    stealthSLOTH Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    welcome aboard, Cyndi!

- - -

Tues: 4 mile run.

WTD - 4 miles.
  • stealthSLOTH
    Options
    @debi_f - oh no! why was the race disappointing?
  • reese66
    Options

Tues - 4 mi
    WTD - 5.7 mi

Nice to have you!!!
  • reese66
    Options

Total: 8 miles running

Great job!
  • reese66
    Options
    Tuesday 3.38 walk
  • debi_f
    Options
    @debi_f - oh no! why was the race disappointing?

it was mostly my head. ;-)

I wasn't sure what to expect (having never run a race before) and no one would go with me, so I showed up alone right when registration started. There was a building, but it was FREEZING in there and even more FREEZING outside! After signing in (which took all of about 2 seconds), I had 2 1/2 hours to sit around -- alone and FREEZING -- before the race started. By the time we could line up, I was mentally miserable and my teeth were chattering from the cold. The run itself was okay, but since I'd read so many places didn't allow ear buds, I didn't bring mine. (You have to understand that while I do live in the Netherlands, my Dutch is horrible, and I couldn't read the rules and could barely make out the website instructions.) So while I normally run while listening to a good book, all I had to do was think about how miserable and cold I felt. Even running, I never seemed to warm up!

But the good part is that I completed the race (with a disappointing time, but that's another silly story that is no one's fault but my own for believing in the accuracy of the GPS signal my iPod and the app runtastic give me whenever I run). I'm not sure I really want to run another one anytime soon, though!

The even better part is that I ran yesterday evening, and it was wonderful! I still love running!

Okay, enough whining for one post... ;-)

Monday: 3.11 miles running (5k race) The race was disappointing. Hmm...
    Tuesday: 2.35 miles running Much, much better than the race!
    Wednesday: 10.07 miles stationary bike followed by Pilates

WTD: 19.34 miles
  • natalie412
    Options
    Wednesday 3.2 miles running

Probably no more runs until my half marathon on Saturday morning. Excited and nervous!

Total: 11.2 miles running
  • cyndimcd
    cyndimcd Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    debi_f you sound like you have a great attitude. I hope you don't give up on races. I have only been in 3 but they were lots of fun and excitement.

natalie412 good luck on the half, that's exciting!

Tues - 4 mi
    Weds - 20 min bike, 1 hour body works
    WTD - 5.7
  • thinktank32k
    Options
    Hey all I took a break from posting for a minute but I was still active.

Tuesday 3.28 mile run
    Wednesday 3 mile elliptical and legs
  • reese66
    Options
    Tuesday 3.38 walk
    Wednesday 4.11

Total 7.49
  • stealthSLOTH
    Options
    Y'all rock! \m/ :glasses:

Tuesday: 4mile run
    Wednesday: 4 mile run (miserable attempt at fartlek training. pretty much confirms that i run at one speed only.)
    - - -
    WTD: 8 miles run

@Natalie - whooo you're on the taper! have a great race on Saturday!

@ debi - I hear ya! I'd rather be too warm than freeze to death before a race. The one thing I noticed is that most races discourage ipods and headphones, but I feel like they are sometimes necessary for a longer run. Music or books can def. help you relax and get out of a slump. I hate to break rules, but I often have just one earbud in. :laugh:
  • carobert
    carobert Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Way to go everyone!!!

Sunday: 2miles hiking and 2.5miles on treadmill
    Mon: nada
    Tues: nada
    Wed: 3.2 miles on the treadmill

Total: 7.7 miles for the week so far!