Has anyone one else started recently?

Options
Randyamc
Randyamc Posts: 365 Member
Hi, started this C2k5 a week ago and today will be my w2d2.

So far I'm having a great time with it... ummm.. well and ok time with it. Fine, it's no fun but I'm going to finish it or die trying! lol It's a struggle but I've mentally committed to seeing it through.

So, who else is out there that just recently started this journey? If you would like someone who was silly enough to get started also or if you had lots of success or are one of those nutty 10k and further people (I not so secretly envy you!), shoot me an invite!

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Great job on finishing your first week!

I graduated in February, and it wasn't until three or four weeks after the program that running became fun, so you got time. Right now, concentrate on slowing down so you can make it through each run.
  • hsd63
    hsd63 Posts: 4
    Options
    Just finished W1D2 (again), completed the program in November last year got hurt over Christmas and had to stop running for a while. Started again last Monday and I am working on the speed of the runs this time not just getting through.

I remember in the fall it was just a struggle to do the 60/90 each day. Now since I have recovered (90%ish), the interval training is sort of fun.

Bottom line, You can do this!!! put you mind to it and you will get through it!!!
  • kellegg22
    kellegg22 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Just started it this past Monday.
  • TrishaRN_74
    TrishaRN_74 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm on W3D2 (kind of) and I was actually disappointed that I couldn't go outside and run today. I am enjoying it. I work the next 5 days in a row (12 hour shifts) so I don't know how much running I will get done...we'll see!
  • Randyamc
    Options
    Great job on finishing your first week!

I graduated in February, and it wasn't until three or four weeks after the program that running became fun, so you got time. Right now, concentrate on slowing down so you can make it through each run.

It didn't become fun until after you finished the program? This will be a long couple months lol. I'm making it through the runs ok. At the end of my runs I go a little further to hit a 5k distance, just so I get used to it. I do mostly walking and a few more jogs for that portion though.

You guys are awesome, can't wait to hear about your future success!!!
  • likitisplit
    Options
    LOL. C25k was challenging, an accomplishment, life-changing, magical, and amazing.

But, no, I didn't get a big-*kitten* grin on my face from the joy of running until a few weeks after finishing the program :)
  • JennChamb
    JennChamb Posts: 55
    Options
    Started Tuesday. Tonight is W1D2 for me.
  • TrishaRN_74
    Options
    Keep it up Jenn! It gets better!
    Randy, I do the same thing...I usually warm up for a mile before starting the C25K with a couple of 60 sec jogs, then do another mile after with a couple of jogs. My son challenged me to run for a total of 15 minutes last weekend, and I did it! Actually, I did 16.5 minutes of total running. It felt GREAT!
  • Randyamc
    Options
    Funny thing is... every time I run... my bike looks more and more appealing! lol
  • TrishaRN_74
    Options
    after training yourself to run a 5K, your bike will be obsolete! I like bike riding, too, but I don't feel like I get much of a workout with it. Although, I WILL be riding down the side of a volcano next month! I can't wait!!! (At least it's all DOWNHILL, and not the other way around!)
  • samik8907
    samik8907 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Originally started last week but let Easter weekend get in the way. Tomorrow I will be finished with Week 1! It hasn't been too bad, challenging but not to an extreme. Good luck!
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I literally JUST finished W2D2. I am finding it so hard. I go into a bit of a panic around the 1 minute mark & my breathing starts getting out of control. I had to stop twice tonight, I made it through the running but had to stop to catch my breath during the walk part. Also I was having some ankle/shin pain tonight due to the fact that I walked earlier without my orthotics in my shoes. dumb move!!! Hopefully temporary. Best of luck to you, I hope we all make it!!
  • Randyamc
    Options
    @Copelt Mountain biking down the side of a volcano? That's awesome!! I'll always enjoy riding because I can see more sites in less time. Maybe I'll get into trail running later on. hummm

@samik8907 Yeah, I was a little bad over Easter weekend. I had monkey bread... it was amazing! lol Keep charging!

@kristafb Awesome! I know what you mean, my ankles and shins hurt a little sometimes. Rest them up if you need to or just take a long walk and pick it back up on your next day. Best of luck to you too. Oh and no hoping... we will make it!! ;)
  • jackilync
    jackilync Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I just finished Week 1 day 2 today. I let myself become WAY too out of shape and it takes everything in me to force myself to finish.
  • stewarac
    stewarac Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Started yesterday, and boy i did not look good when i finished. Felt good though, once I'd caught my breath and hid inside in the warmth.
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I need to restart. I started in Jan using the Zombie 5k app (love it!!) but stopped because of the weather (we actually had real snow in the UK) and then injury. Given I have a 5k planned for June and a half marathon in Sept I really need to get my ar$e back in gear!

Looking to restart Tuesday next week, as I have a mate's Hen do over this weekend
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Yay! A whole bunch of new best friends. Congratuations, everybody on starting - For about half of the people on this message board, that first run was the toughest they ever push through. Slow down and trust yourself.
  • Randyamc
    Options
    You guys are awesome! It's so great to see so many on this journey. Some days I don't want to do it. I finally strap on my shoes and head out the door and I'm always glad I did afterwards. Getting started is the hardest part... after that it's just reminding yourself why you started so you can get back out the door. Keep up the great work everyone!
  • JennChamb
    JennChamb Posts: 55
    Options
    You guys are awesome! It's so great to see so many on this journey. Some days I don't want to do it. I finally strap on my shoes and head out the door and I'm always glad I did afterwards. Getting started is the hardest part... after that it's just reminding yourself why you started so you can get back out the door. Keep up the great work everyone!

"Your legs aren't giving out. Your head is giving up. KEEP GOING!"

I think about this when I feel like I want to stop. You got it! Just put one foot in front of the other and "Gitter Done!" Lol
  • Angelsrose12
    Angelsrose12 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I started Monday and did week 1 day 3 yesterday. I am totally motivated. My New Year's Resolution was to run a 5k SOMETIME in 2013. I am a little nervous as I have NEVER been a runner and as I am 33, I feel like I am getting a late start. But I am still excited and hoping I can do it!