I need energy! Any ideas?

Options
JeniferEverx3
JeniferEverx3 Posts: 219 Member
Ok so I spend 8 hours a day behind a desk (for now). I quit smoking over a month ago. I've been eating healthy and exercising. Somehow no matter what I do, I feel exhausted. I got 8 hours of sleep last night, and I feel like I haven't slept in weeks. Caffeine makes me sleepy, so I can't do coffee or soda. I don't feel that energy drinks are safe. I take a multivitamin every single night.

What is a natural, non-fattening way to boost my energy while at work? Anyone???

Replies

• aryastark8
    aryastark8 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You may want to do a standard blood test to see if there is any kind of deficiency in your body. If you don't get enough vitamin D (sunshine), you can feel exhausted all the time. Taking vitamin D supplement or spending time outside can help. Being anemic or having thyroid problems can also make you feel tired. So finding out a possible reason is the first step to fixing it...
  • claritarejoice
    claritarejoice Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I so feel you, I get this too. Sometimes people get enough quantity sleep, but not enough quality. Are you dreaming? If you don't go through all the stages of sleep, then it's not good quality. Secondly, it can be stress-related. Being emotionally exhausted makes me feel physically tired too, and I start falling asleep at work. I especially feel like falling asleep in the afternoons, so I try to take a walk on my break instead, which really helps wake me up. Or I take bathroom breaks, stand while working, run errands to a different office, anything to get away from the monotonous computer task that is putting me to sleep. Humans are made to take afternoon naps - many cultures build them into the work day. It's normal to get a full night's sleep but still want an afternoon nap. This is my experience - I hope it helps.
  • red0801
    red0801 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Fresh vegetables.