April 6th Challenge

Options

Replies

• Crystalagain22
    Crystalagain22 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I think it absolutely fits the criteria! You sound like an amazing person! These kids are happy to have you :)
  • Crystalagain22
    Options
    ^this was for Liza, sorry I keep messing my posts up!
  • Crystalagain22
    Options
    Wow, so many people with amazing stories here! Some of you have made me smile and some have brought (happy) tears to my eyes! What an amazing group of people to be in this challenge together with :)
  • kellieanney
    kellieanney Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I bought a scarf that a woman in poverty in India made herself to help her financially through a company called Trades Of Hope online. A friend of mine from church was having an online party for it and sent me an invite via facebook with a link to the site so that I could order something. Trades Of Hope gives women, many of them young single mothers whose husbands have gone home to Heaven to be able to put food on the table and to send their children to school while keeping a roof over their heads. Also I did do my obliques, treadmill, and weight machines at the gym!
  • kellieanney
    kellieanney Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You are so encouraging, thank you for all that you do my Capo for my Moltisani team, I was touched by your story and I am touched by everyone's, We are all going through something, or have gone through soemthing difficult, it's great that we have each other and in some cases, family and friends to motivate and encourage us! I also turn to Jesus everyday for help, He is always with me and all of us! :smile:
  • MissJen84
    MissJen84 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm very proud of you Sarah. I'm sure your father is too. It is always hard to loose a love one, especially one you are close to. I'm very thankful to have Sarah in the Blundetto crew. Even with such a hard loss in her life she is still determined and dedicated to her heath and her crew.
  • mudflatmabel
    mudflatmabel Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    What a great challenge, and what a great group of people we have in our group! This was a great way to really get to know each other better and see the challenges we all go through everyday.
    I live on an island and am pretty isolated (by choice) from people, with the exception of the gym and the grocery store. Most of my reaching out is by phone. I have a friend and an aunt, who I check in with regularly to see how they are doing. My aunt is 90, and has pneumonia. Today I put together a flower bowl with beautiful bright flowers, that should cheer her up, and also bundled up some really nice, dry Madrona for her to burn in her wood stove. She has never burned Madrona and has been wanting to try it. I am going over Wednesday to visit, so hopefully she is better and that will help to cheer her up. She is so independent, I really admire her.
    I am also going to help out my other friend, who has been having troubles with his heart. He has a built-in defibrillator. He is not very computer savvy, so I will make my rounds when I am on the mainland to set him up with an email account and show him how to use it. I will also provide technical support to him as he needs it.
    I know my reach out means a lot to these people, but seems inferior to so many in our group who really go above and beyond. Thank you all for doing what you do!
    I injured my shoulder yesterday, but will dig out my Nordic Track Ab Works for some ab work and post it to my Don later.
  • taylor0204
    taylor0204 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Today, I went to a local women's shelter and donated some of the clothes that I can no longer wear. I stayed and visited with a few of the ladies and enjoyed every minute of our visit. My church goes there often but they normally visit early on Saturday morning and I use Saturdays for my long run days. This morning I was up at 5:00 a.m running (3.10 miles) so I would be able to go.....no excuses.

Bonus: Never underestimate the magnitude of one single act of kindness and 50 crunches.
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Today, I went to a local women's shelter and donated some of the clothes that I can no longer wear. I stayed and visited with a few of the ladies and enjoyed every minute of our visit. My church goes there often but they normally visit early on Saturday morning and I use Saturdays for my long run days. This morning I was up at 5:00 a.m running (3.10 miles) so I would be able to go.....no excuses.

Bonus: Never underestimate the magnitude of one single act of kindness and 50 crunches.

Angie!!! U are so great!!! And you are right.. there is no place for excuses, lifes too short to just spend it on oneself.
  • pkrichar
    pkrichar Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Reached out today to help my niece who has been having a difficult time. Took her to lunch and a had a nice talk. Let her know she is loved and there are people here for her.
  • theparnellssean
    theparnellssean Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    First of all let me put "The Don" aside for this. I am truly overwhelmed, proud and inspired on what I have read so far. This challenge has far exceeded my expectations and to say how proud I am of all of you is an understatement. You have all been great friends of mine.

I have been blessed with a fantastic marriage of over 25 years. Lisa & I have 4 beautiful kids ranging from 20 to 27. Our son Sean Jr. has Downs Syndrome. He will also be with us the rest of our lives and that itself is awesome. We are inspired by Sean Jr. of the accomplishments he has earned despite his "handicap" over the years so far. Sean walked sooner than he "should have", talked sooner, mainstreamed all the way through high school and graduated with his class. Sean & I tested together for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and later this year for 4th degree black belt in Bushido Kai. He has to break the boards just like everyone else.

I am the General Manager of a large recreational outdoor products retail store. (swimming pools, spas, patio furniture etc.) abd work about hours a week. l love to workout and exercise. I always seem to need to lose 50 lbs. Portion control always an issue with me.

Now here is what is gratifying to me. Today a Captain messaged me saying a soldier was thinking of dropping out of this challenge. This person has participated the whole way though promptly and quite effectively. She is concerned that the challenges are too time consuming. I very much understood where she is coming from. I messaged the soldier with:

Hello XXXXX

My captain is telling me you are having reservations about continuing on with this challenge. You have been a fixture in the XXXXXX Crewe.You have also been a fantastic role model. I really hope you will reconsider dropping out of the challenge. I understand there are so many hours in a day and time to do challenges like this can be difficult. Keep in mind the meat and potatoes of this challenge to earn is the weight loss portion . I think you are great and hope you will stay. If you need to back off the challenges to a degree I understand. Please let me know your thoughts.

The Don

I don't want anyone to leave this. Not because of competition or numbers... Because of what we have developed here together.
    You all have literally grown into being true family members to me, and I know we all have hurtles, baggage, and our own unique ways. This isn't easy sometimes for any of us, but I think together we can just maybe get a little bit better and feel a little bit better about ourselves. That is what I am trying to do. I have received many compliments on this challenge. Thank you for that, but thank you for doing this with me.

I Love You All!!!!!!!!

Sincerely Your Friend,

Sean

BTW. 25 oblique crunches done both sides. Bam!!! lol
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Can this be a permanent sticky?
  • matawna
    matawna Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I reached out to an old friend who had a stroke and husband cheated on her while she was in the icu and left her with three kids... its an ongoing daily weekly support and watching her road to recovery is inspirational to me as well.

100 crunches done!! Woohoo
  • phenetra
    phenetra Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

Today at church we did a praise report and mines was about my weight lost, low n behold there were two sister who approached me for hellp an d advice. I gave them pointer on what worked for me but also told them that i would meet up with them so that we can work out together. I let them know that i had there back with achieving the goal tnat the have set for themself...

I did 30 oblique crunches
  • emilyc85
    emilyc85 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I must admit I haven't been sure what to do for this. My husband says that I should put down all the people I help at work, but I consider part of my job description and not sure that should count. I work in a grocery store and I help people find what they need :)

But I have reached out to some friends that had been logging and doing super well, but for whatever reasons have stopped. So I reached out just to check in and see what's going on and to remind them that they are doing such a wonderful job :)

If neither of these count then I guess I didn't complete today :p I have struggled with today's challenge :/

edit: I have also (hopefully) made myself available to anyone via phone or otherwise on here that is in any way struggling and needs help :)
  • taylor0204
    taylor0204 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    WOW, some truly inspiring and amazing stories,
  • theparnellssean
    Options
    I must admit I haven't been sure what to do for this. My husband says that I should put down all the people I help at work, but I consider part of my job description and not sure that should count. I work in a grocery store and I help people find what they need :)

But I have reached out to some friends that had been logging and doing super well, but for whatever reasons have stopped. So I reached out just to check in and see what's going on and to remind them that they are doing such a wonderful job :)

If neither of these count then I guess I didn't complete today :p I have struggled with today's challenge :/

edit: I have also (hopefully) made myself available to anyone via phone or otherwise on here that is in any way struggling and needs help :)
    It absolutely counts and great job Emily my friend!
  • MurallyAnn
    MurallyAnn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    This afternoon I reached out to my mother in law who is in the hospital. She has a very weak heart and they are in the process of changing up her meds and need to monitor her as they do it. She is going through some bad anxiety and just to sit with her and reasure her that everything is alright was what I did for hours. She only has 30 percent thats working, so her breathing is giving her a hard time and she is very restless. Prayers are appriciated for Dorothy!

I did the bonus oblique crunches today and heavy on the weights!
  • MKCD123
    MKCD123 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I gave a hug to someone who needed one :) Nothing extravagent but a hug can go a long way!
  • theparnellssean
    Options
    I gave a hug to someone who needed one :) Nothing extravagent but a hug can go a long way!
    Consider yourself hugged too. That is awesome thank you
This discussion has been closed.