Zombies Run 5k Training app vs Couch-to-5k app?

Options
opheliaphoenix
opheliaphoenix Posts: 1,474 Member
Has anyone tried both of these? Which one did you like best? I'm thinking about buying one, but I don't really want to buy both...just looking for some pros and cons. Thank you! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I haven't don't the zombie 5k plan...but I did do C25K but I did it with out the app.

However, I do want to do a zombie run lol.
  • Resa52
    Resa52 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I use the Run Double C25k ap and you can do the first two weeks for free before you have to pay - might be worth a test drive if you're worried!
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 2 of the C25K. The Zen Labs app is free. I love it so far.
  • LosingMandy
    LosingMandy Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have the zen labs one too. And it's awesome. I'm nearly finished week four.
  • stoked2b
    stoked2b Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I use the zen labs one. Not only is it free, but I've found it controls playing music very well (can access playlists, play pause skip fwd backward)
  • Rotten_Apple
    Rotten_Apple Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have the Couch to 5K (Active) app and you get to pick which Trainer (character voice) to use - the one I use is a Zombie. I like the app a lot but yesterday I ran on a track instead of my neighborhood and it told me I did 6 miles :huh: that would be great if I actually had but I know it was more around 2 miles. I can't figure out why it thought I did so much more, unless the GPS got dizzy from me going in circles :laugh:
  • Angelsrose12
    Angelsrose12 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am using C25K free as my training program, but adding a 4th day. I am using the Zombies 5k for the 4th day (so it is less strenuous, but I can still get a workout in). I like the C25K better because I felt like I could easily run more than 15 seconds on the first day, which is all it really asks in the Zombie first day. We will see how I feel in a couple of weeks though :)
  • Nightterror218
    Nightterror218 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I use C25K Lite. It is free for every week. Just not fancy at all.
  • carolinem17
    carolinem17 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm on Week 4 of the Zombie 5K and I love it. I've use the podcast in the past and this is much more fun. It is like a radio theater show. You are being trained as "Runner 5" to help the town of Able of by running outside the town fence to pick up supplies. The very friendly doctor is training and encouraging you and you get to meet the characters in the town. In between segments of the story/instruction you listen to your own music.

I also think its a better program. It has a lot of "free runs" where you listen to your body about how much you run/walk which is working well for me.
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Have used several C25K apps. All are good, but I feel like I wasted my money on Zombies, Run. Did NOT like at all=boring.
  • kzivic
    kzivic Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I have the Active.com C25Kapp and it's okay. If I get a call or a text or want to change my music while it's running, it gets tripped up seems to throw off my progress or where I'm at in the walk/run cycle. I just downloaded the Zen Labs app, going to give that a try next.
  • mheebner
    mheebner Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I use the Run Double C25k ap and you can do the first two weeks for free before you have to pay - might be worth a test drive if you're worried!

That's not my experience with it. It is a totally free app that includes the actual C25K, playlist edits, GPS, and HR monitor set up, and fun runs in both distance and timed. If you want to purchase the app you also get 10k training and marathon training, and many various 'improver' and event plans.
    Highly recommended IMHO