Other exercises

Just out of curiosity, what other exercises are you guys doing during the squat challenge? I am already planning on doing Insanity 4 days a week and lift weights. How about you?

Replies

• I still workout like normal. I just incorporate my squats into my workout at the end.
    My days usually rotate between:
    Triceps - Chest - Shoulders
    Biceps - Back
    Leg day. I count my weighted squats into my total. So I'll do 5x5 at a max weight and then whatever remainder or squats I have left I just air squat it. (Which btw are the most brutal days for my legs)
    & I always do at least 30-45 mins of cardio before I do any power lifting.
  • Latona38
    Latona38 Posts: 111 Member
    I mix it up as well. I do Zumba, Cardio kickboxing, Body Pump, Insanity, Brazilian Butt lift and weights. I will be adding the squats in my normal routine. I'm super pumped!
  • Hot2Trot13
    Hot2Trot13 Posts: 1 Member
    Okay I'm new at ALL of this and boy does my booty need some work! So I literally joined MFP today and am already signing up for a challenge. I haven't exercised in years so this will be my version of 'insanity' ....LOL! So do I do these squats at anytime before or after cardio or..just whenever? I may need to go to Youtube.com to get the proper form!
  • Hot2Trot13 you do it as you can throughout the day or you can do it all at once,. It depends on your body. Just don't try to over do it all at once since your just getting back into exercising. Definitely don't want you to hurt yourself...heck I'm scared of this challenge and I have been working out and getting into shape for a while now. Im worried for my knees as I have bad knees
  • Hi y'all .

Quick question: I'm currently doing Jillian Michaels 30 Shred and there's 44 squats throughout the workout video, should I just add up the remaining squats of the day or should I do separate?
    I'm on day 4 of my second round of JM30S and day 4 of my squat challenge.
    Now since is just little squats is fine but I can't imagine when it's day 23) 190 squats + 44 of JM.

What do you guys think?