Options
jadesign19
jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
Anyone with hashimotos use a fit bit? Is it worth the $

Replies

• x4mygirlsx
    x4mygirlsx Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hey i bought a fitbit one in november. I absolutely love it and it has helped me get more aware of how active i am being on a day to day basis.(or how inactive i actually was, i was kinda lazy). I also bought one for my partner too and we compete to get the most steps, or the highest calorie burn. So it was definitely worth it for me. x
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Totally worth it. I love my Fitbit!
  • islandmonkey
    islandmonkey Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I really like my fitbit. It has some limitations - you can't use it to log activities like bike riding, for example. I use mine for daily activity to make sure I'm not on my butt too much, then log activities like yoga, runs, bike rides, hockey etc through MFP.
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I think I'm gonna invest :)
  • AuntCharlie2013
    Options
    I have Hashimoto. I just wondering what is a fit bit?
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Love my Fitibt! If I lost it tomorrow (please, NO!), I'd absolutely order another. I find it extremely motivating
  • AuntCharlie2013
    Options
    what is a fitibit
  • renamcadam
    Options
    http://www.fitbit.com/uk/store They do fitness tracking products :)
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I want one but haven't committed to forking out the $$$ just yet. If you have a smart phone and arent sure about the fit bit yet, there is a good app called Endomondo that you can track most activities in. It even has horseback riding! Of course, it's probably not as user friendly as the fit bit but it does ok.
  • buildingdreams
    buildingdreams Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Love my fitbit for tracking my steps etc. I too have hashimotos and under active thyrpid and I puchased the Polar HRM to get a better handle on my calorie burn through exercise... the times I have compared , their oretty close to accurate to each other
  • allergictodiets
    allergictodiets Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I really like my FitBit as well, but I think the website / iPhone app for it could be way more user friendly. I'm also looking forward to the new bracelet version because I have come dangerously close to losing it several times already.

Please feel free to add me as a friend on FitBit - my user name is "Ela".