Calories burned?

Options
Hurley1203
Hurley1203 Posts: 40 Member
On average, how much does your HRM tell you that you burned? I know it varies from person to person, depending on weight, etc. I am just wondering if my HRM seems accurate. It's a watch, but it doesn't have the chest strap.
Yesterday I did BR and it said I burned 400 calories for the workout. Is it possible to burn 400 calories in 30 mins?

Replies

• staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I think that is possible. I usually burned between 300-350 calories.
  • pcedano
    pcedano Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    very possible!! remember the amount of calories you burn also depends on the intensity level you bring into the workout. For example during week 1 & 2 I burned 272, 298, 298, 267 during Cardio 1. The 272 was during my 1st time, then the next two times I tried my best but at the end of week 2 I was exhausted hence my 267 burn.
  • pcedano
    pcedano Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Also I averaged 303.5 burn for workout 1 and 330.25 burn for workout 2. Yesterday I did workout 3 for the first time and burned 368 calories.
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    very possible. during phase 3 my burns were consistently over 300 after being in the 200s for phase 1&2. the cardios i usually burned around 400. and in high elevation they were all over 400 cals lol i wish i could work out in high elevation all the time...lol
  • Steffani911
    Steffani911 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I don't have a hrm but when I would enter my data back when I used the Jillian Michaels site for phase 1 workouts. It would say based on my weight and workout done a total of between 385 and 425 depending on workout. I am anxiously awaiting my bodymedia fit to be delivered this week. I can't wait to know and be more accurate!