Do we need the resistance band?

Options
Hurley1203
Hurley1203 Posts: 40 Member
I am only on Week 1 and I don't have the bands yet. Are they something she will repeatedly use throughout the whole program? If so, I better go get some. If not, I would like to save the $ and try to be creative. Thanks!

Replies

• marieann82
    marieann82 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    She uses them again on week 3. I have one but it doesn't work very well, so I would like to know how she continues to use them as the program progresses, as well. Can we use weights instead of the band?
  • Steffani911
    Steffani911 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Using weights would change the muscles you are using per exercise drastically. The resistance band is not my favorite by any means. There is only one exercise in disc either 3 or 4 that uses the band for rowing. In 5 and 6, you use it quite a bit. That's as far as I've gotten.
  • kymkan
    kymkan Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    YEP - I'm on 9 & 10 and you use it there too.... just get one... a medium one - cuz you can always tighten it up and make it harder. I have one meduim (yellow at walmart) and it works just fine but yes, you do need one - weights won't work for some of the stuff.
  • Zeppyb
    Zeppyb Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have a medium one from target. It was fairly cheap and works fine. I think it's great especially for working arms!!
  • Hurley1203
    Hurley1203 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I was trying to be cheap, but I will get one. I want to make sure I am doing things the right way!