Introduce Yourself!

Options

Replies

• brianafaye2
    brianafaye2 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone my name is Bri! Luckily for me I started this yesterday, so I was excited to find this group! I gained 50 lbs since I was 17 due to my hypothyroidism. Its been hard but I'm starting to manage it. Unfortunatly today I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, but my doctor told me exercise is best for it. I decided to do a yoga video after 30 day shred, so help tone and stretch my muscles more. I will be 20 may 8th so I'm ready to kick butt with this! Good luck everyone!
  • KathyPBiles
    KathyPBiles Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - I'm Kathy from Euharlee, GA -
    48 yrs old
    5'7
    199.5 lbs (have lost 36 pounds thus far)
    Goal weight - probably between 155-170 - just have to wait and see how I feel when I get close
    Started the 30 DS on my 48th birthday - April 4 - doing it Monday - Friday - not on weekends - because I don't want an audience and i feel the whole house shakes when I do jumping jacks) - so I have done it four days thus far -
    I did not take measurements - that frightens me - but I did take a couple of before pictures - will be interesting to see if there is a difference

WE GOT THIS PEOPLE!
  • RachaelStJ
    RachaelStJ Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody! I'm Rachael from Washington State. I started 30DS today, so I found the group a day late!

Please add me! I love to support and be supported. :)

Height: 5'2"
    CW: 170
    GW: 125
    Waist: 32
    Hips: 39.5
    Butt: 46
    L, R Thigh: 28
    L Bicep: 14
    R Bicep: 14.5
  • keepitoff321
    keepitoff321 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I'm Corinne and I started shreddin' yesterday! Well, actually tried it the day before and quickly got overwhelmed, sat down and watched it. At least I was drinking water. LOL
    I was going to just try doing the first segment and work into doing the whole thing but I found once I got past the pushup part..I just kept going and finished! Very proud of myself. :happy:
    I find it's a great workout, for me, as I can't get to the gym right now. I like that it is short, you don't need a lot of room/equipment. Once I get through the 30days, I think I will continue using it for strength training and add in some cardio....
    As much sweating as I was doing, I'm surprised that we don't burn more calories, but, as long as I see some results it's all good!
    Would love to finally be able to do a pushup!!
    Good luck everyone!!
  • AprilOneFourFour
    AprilOneFourFour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hi. I did Level 1 day 3 this morning. Just found this group and am interested in what results we get.
    I tried it a few years back and I didn't lose weight, but noticed a welcome shape change after about 7 days...then had to stop a few days later. This time I will complete.
    I'm less interested in weight loss than toning and strengthening. If I can get into my size 12 (uk) uniqlo trousers at the end of this, then I'll have reached my next goal.
    Best of luck all, stick with it!
  • kgbiscotti
    kgbiscotti Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My name is Kelly. I have steadily gained weight since I started to date my boyfriend, 35 pounds in the past 3 and a half years!! He has a fantastic metabolism and has stayed the same weight since the day we met. I really want to get back into shape. I feel like I should be so much healthier then I am at 25. I have tried several times to do the 30ds and always wind up giving up. (never made it past level 1) I started doing it yesterday, so a few days behind. I'm really hoping that with a group it will help keep me accountable to actually make it through all 30 days!

CW: 170
    Waist: 37.5"
    Hips: 43"
  • SamtasticLife
    Options
    Hey everyone! My name is Sam, and I just finished up Day 3 of the Shred. It's a bit harder than I thought it would be, but I know that it's something I will stick to. Here are my starting stats...eeek!

Starting Weight--218.6
    Waist--41
    Around Belly Button--44.5
    Hips--48.5
    Chest--43.5
    Right Arm--15.5
    Left Arm--15
    Right Thigh--28
    Left Thigh--28

You can check our my blog for before pictures... http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/SamtasticLife/view/30-day-shred-starting-stats-516880
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Hi all.
    I'm living in IL. Born and raised in Ohio. My husband is an active duty Marine, hes been in close to 9 years...
    Im a mom to 1 gorgeous 4.5 year old.

This weight gain has literally changed my entire personaility. I do not go out anymore, I do not get dressed up, unless for work.... I literally find ways to hide.

I started this in the mornings when my husband is at the gym because I dont want him to know. It's bad enough I've gained weight and depressed about it....but he makes things worse with the comments he makes (which he doesnt know are "bad/mean" its the marine in him.

We are planning our first REAL family vacation (besides visiting him in Japan in 2011---when I was 135lbs) I'm huge, I hate taking pictures with myself in them and we are goingt o FL in June to Disney. I'm going to want to be in those for my daughter to look back on....but not looking at this.

My goal is to be at 150-145. My REAL goal is 135.
    I would be happy fitting back into my size 8 clothes again even if I was 160.

I know I cant lose a ton of weight in 8 weeks...but i sure as hell can tone up and LOOK better.
  • helloitsali
    helloitsali Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm Ali :) I was weighed at the doctor two weeks ago and was 196.6, but I haven't weighed myself since (probably gained weight since then) since I went back to school (I'm a freshman in college) and don't have a scale here. Two years ago, I had gotten up to 187 at one point and was fed up with it, so I lost 40+ pounds and ended up at 146, with still maybe like ten pounds to lose, but then gained it all back because of stress eating and family issues and college cafeteria food. I am just too annoyed with being so large now that I HAVE to do something about it. I already know I'm going to have trouble sticking to the 30DS because I have a lot going on in my life right now. I know I'm going to have to skip days, but I'm really hoping that this group will help me stick to it and get back even if I skip a day! I really want to get back in shape because, when I lost 40 pounds two years ago, I was in great shape and it was fantastic and I miss that
  • badtastebetty
    badtastebetty Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I'm Corinne and I started shreddin' yesterday! Well, actually tried it the day before and quickly got overwhelmed, sat down and watched it. At least I was drinking water. LOL
    I was going to just try doing the first segment and work into doing the whole thing but I found once I got past the pushup part..I just kept going and finished! Very proud of myself. :happy:
    I find it's a great workout, for me, as I can't get to the gym right now. I like that it is short, you don't need a lot of room/equipment. Once I get through the 30days, I think I will continue using it for strength training and add in some cardio....
    As much sweating as I was doing, I'm surprised that we don't burn more calories, but, as long as I see some results it's all good!
    Would love to finally be able to do a pushup!!
    Good luck everyone!!

Keep in mind the muscle we are building means that we are burning more calories at a resting rate, so it adds up :happy:
  • badtastebetty
    Options
    I started this in the mornings when my husband is at the gym because I dont want him to know. It's bad enough I've gained weight and depressed about it....but he makes things worse with the comments he makes (which he doesnt know are "bad/mean" its the marine in him.

If he keeps saying things that upset you, make sure to talk with him so he can at least know and make an effort to not hurt your feelings.

I totally get not wanting to be open about weight loss though. It's tough to know if you're going to stick with it right off the bat, and it's a very personal thing (except on MFP:tongue: ) that is hard to share even with the people you are closest to.

Feel free to message me if you're ever down, and need someone to talk to. I'm working through depression as well, so I can probably at least understand where you are coming from)
  • kiekie
    kiekie Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I'm 31 and mother of a 2 year old girl. I've attempted the Shred a couple of times but having recently had success with setting a 30-day challenge for myself (no sugary food), I thought I'd build on that and challenge myself to complete the Shred because I KNOW I CAN DO IT!

My stats:

Height: 5`6"
    Weight: 136.8
    Body Fat: 28.9%
    Bust :35
    Waist 29.5
    Belly and muffin top (just below naval): 38
    Hips 39
    Thighs: 22
    Calf: 13

I'm hoping to lose 5 lbs and get the awesome change in stomach area that others have doing this. My main goal is to reduce my body fat % as I honestly look 20-30 lbs heavier than I am right now.

I'm going to allow myself a day or two off a week because I think it's good to let your body recover BUT I'm going to keep going until I feel it's absolutely necessary before taking a day because it tends to turn into 2 days then 3, you get the picture!

I plan to get my clothes and equipment ready as my daughter is having her bedtime milk and then get to it straight away when she goes to bed. Sitting down then usually means I want to stay that way. Most of all, I'm going to stay positive and fly on autopilot to get it done without my brain telling me that it would be much nicer to sit down with a cup of tea :)

Good luck everyone!
  • catz4ever45
    catz4ever45 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Catarina I'm 27 from Toronto and overly overweight i jast started 30DS yesterday and it killed me but felt really good at the same time thinking of doing 15 days of each lvl if my body lets me hoping to lose 20lbs in 30 days or at least a good amount of inches

Stats
    SW-313
    CW-290
    GW(05/25)- 265

Waist-56
    Hips- 53.5
    Chest- 49.5
    Arms-17
    Gonna measure my thighs later
  • DeeMarie1988
    Options
    Hi everyone!

OK, so, I am looking to start either the 30DS or JMBR (which I have done previously) on 15th April. Can't decide which one though. I experienced really good results with JMBR after 1 month, but I'm thinking to try something slightly different. Love Jillian's workout DVDs, so I'm sure I will be happy either way.

Here are my stats:

Height: 5' 5.5"
    CW: 160lbs
    GW: 140lbs

Feel free to add me so we can support each other :happy: I've found that this helps a lot

Good luck everyone x
  • Greenlola
    Greenlola Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Today is my Day 2 of level 1,
    Height: 5'7"
    CW 228 (i was at 225.5, but been having issues the last 2 weeks, some with my scale some with water retention)
    GW 215 (by the end of the 30 days)
    Ultimate GW 150

Feel free to add me, we can support each other :)
  • estey89
    estey89 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!, :glasses:

I'm a late bloomer to the group but im here to kick butt!

I'm 24 in a month from today:flowerforyou:

I'm 5'4
    CW 165lbs
    GW 140lbs

I have 9 weeks to get in shape, as much as i can anyways I'm doing 30ds finished day 2 today, and also doing the 30 day squat challenge, i'm hoping to do an hour of cardio or yoga a day as well. I want to lose lbs and inches!:bigsmile:
  • badtastebetty
    Options
    Hey everyone!, :glasses:

I'm a late bloomer to the group but im here to kick butt!

I'm 24 in a month from today:flowerforyou:

I'm 5'4
    CW 165lbs
    GW 140lbs

I have 9 weeks to get in shape, as much as i can anyways I'm doing 30ds finished day 2 today, and also doing the 30 day squat challenge, i'm hoping to do an hour of cardio or yoga a day as well. I want to lose lbs and inches!:bigsmile:

Awesome! We have super similar stats. You`re definitely not too late to join in!
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,265 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm joining the group today. This will be my second time around. Completed the challenge about three weeks ago and decided to do it again. Today will be Level 1 Day 1. I'm working on the ole belly fat! Stubborn stuff, I'm telling you!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
    Chris
  • badtastebetty
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm joining the group today. This will be my second time around. Completed the challenge about three weeks ago and decided to do it again. Today will be Level 1 Day 1. I'm working on the ole belly fat! Stubborn stuff, I'm telling you!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
    Chris

Awesome! Are you doing anything different this time around?
  • lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I started the 30 day shred last Friday and I skipped Sunday so I'm on day 3. It's kicking my butt!! Then again, it should...I haven't done any form of exercise is years other than walking so I'm exceptionally out of shape.

I'm hoping to lose 40 lbs by November so I can look good in a bathing suit. I'm hoping that the 30 day shred will give me the strength energy and motivation to stick to my goals.