Is Anyone Seeing RESULTS???

Options
I'm curious..... We're in our 3rd week and I feel like I should see some visible results, or at least on the scale. So far I've only lost 4lbs since I've started Insanity and I'm NOT happy about it :grumble: As hard as I work out AND I've changed eating habits as well, you'd think I'd lost at least 10-15lbs!! Or am I being unrealistic??

How are your results? Am I doing something wrong?

Ughhh, frustrated!

Replies

• sweetcaroline76
    Options
    I'm in the same boat!! Feel like I've made enough changes that I should see something. But almost nothing. Weight fluctuates within a four pound range--but not consistently dropping. Measurements not really dropping either. But I'm trying to remember I didn't get this way overnight. There's no way I can keep this up and not see results. I've lost weight in the past with much less perceived effort than I'm putting out now with Insanity. It does make it hard to keep motivated, though. I'm pushing play, but not with the excitement of the first two weeks.
  • MzTye14
    MzTye14 Posts: 30
    Options
    You took the words right out of my mouth! The excitement isn't there anymore, it almost feels like a chore now! I still push play as well, but I also feel like giving up. Same here with losing weight in the past without doing nearly as much as I'm doing now!! I just don't get it :grumble:
  • linhdao
    linhdao Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've lost only half a pound! Very frustrating. Also, I gained inches around my thighs! I feel less flabby around the thighs, but I thought toning = shrinking. But that's not the case with me. Despite these unexpected results, I have to admit that my abs are toning up and I can tell without having to take pictures. At least from that aspect it is encouraging.
  • randrews0407
    randrews0407 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Stay off the scale, take measurements and pics.

I'm a couple weeks ahead, I started 3/9 ... I just finished my Cardio Core and Balance recovery week yesterday, so I am starting month 2 tomorrow (technically week 5). I haven't lost any weight either. I gained 4 pounds week one, I log my food and follow the guidelines - if we are friended on MPF you can see my diary. So far I lost 2 (of the 4) and that was in the last couple days honestly. Overall, weighwise I'm +2.

However, my waist lost a few inches and my purposely tight jeans are now sliding up and down quite easily so my thighs must be down too. The workouts, while hard ... are only 37-42 minutes in month one AND if you follow their nutrition guide, you more than likely added to your intake. The amount of calories INSANITY recommended for me is 1675 (that's WITH the 500 subtracted for weight loss). That's more than I was consuming previously and after gaining that first week I could have gotten scared and backed down with the extra food but I kept at it.

It's intended to build strength and prepare you for month 2 where all of the magic supposedly happens. I have fit test 3 and max interval circuit tomorrow. I'll keep you guys posted, stick with it > DIG DEEPER.
  • Vermm49
    Vermm49 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just did my Fit test #2. Improved on everything but not drastically: switch kicks +5, power jacks + 9, power knees +6, power jumps +9, globe jumps + 3, suicide jumps + 3, pushup jacks +8, obliques +3.

I know I *should* be happy.. BUT no change in measurements maybe down 2cm but that could be just to measuring slightly differently. I don't have a scale to weigh myself, but I don't feel/see a difference. My thighs and butt are too big for pants that fit me before (thank you squats, jumps, and lunges....) boo.
    Trying to stay positive and keep working through, pushing myself, and digging deeper.
  • rmywife14
    rmywife14 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling a little stuck! I figured the scale wouldn't move, but I've been frustrated that the tape measure hasn't either. I was losing pounds and inches consistently every week before starting Insanity. I just finished Week 3. I also upped my calories significantly when I started the program though, so I think my body is adjusting to that. I had my calories set too low before, and I thought this would be a good time to get them up where they needed to be. Gonna keep hanging in there and pushing play! Everyone says Month 2 is where you wake up one morning with results, so let's not give up!
  • LillyLove28
    Options
    Ladies I know it is hard to not see the lbs just melt away, but I promisse changes are happening. The key is taking pics! I lost about 5lbs with month 1 and recovery, it wasn't steady loss either. It was always a surprise when I got on the scale, my clothes felt ok, inches weren't going as fast as I wanted. But when I compared the pics, danm it was great! Remember to celebrate the small victories, my legs look wonderful, my arms look so much better(Ihave shoulders!!!) and my belly is still tubby for my taste, but when I contract I see some definition I didn't have. I'll start month 2 tomorrow and I love how I feel about my self. Now its a mind game and I want to win, to win it I have to finish it. Don't give up, the results will come!