Hi There! Newbie to MF here!

bar403
bar403 Posts: 28 Member
Hey Everyone,

I'm new to MF but not to MFP :)

I've had several friends successfully lose weight with MF and I finally decided it was time to give it a go. I've been on some sort of "diet" ever since I can remember. Sometimes they worked and sometimes I even kept the weight off for a year or two....but it always creeps back on.

After the birth of my son, I was at my highest weight ever. I was able to lose the "baby" weight (40 lbs!!!) on my own pretty quickly but then I got stuck with the other 50 I had to lose. In 2011 I had great success joining MFP and tracking my calories and exercise - I lost an additional 25 lbs. I had motivation you see - I was a bridesmaid in a beach wedding in Mexico! After that, I could not find the motivation to continue and slowly but surely, the weight started to creep back on. I'm now back up almost 20 lbs since May 2011. I am hoping to lose 40 lbs overall.

Today is my first day and I'm super excited! Glad to have found this group on MFP as well :)

Looking forward to sharing my journey with you all. :)

Replies

• hi Bar403!

I started yesterday. So day 2 an plugging along. I have been low carbing up to this point so it seemed like a sensible option.

Best wishes on your successful journey!
  • GabyBaby916
    GabyBaby916 Posts: 385 Member
    Best of luck to you both! :)
  • bar403
    bar403 Posts: 28 Member
    Thanks!

How are you feeling today?

I was doing Slow Carb before this and MF has many of the same principals - but easier! LOL

GL!

~Brooke
  • VTLois
    VTLois Posts: 49
    Just give it a chance, don't give up because you may need getting used to the soy or the small meals. I am on week 2 and it does work, but it's a hard adjustment.