Any 30+ ladies?

Options
Tishj330
Tishj330 Posts: 6 Member
Hi! I'm Tish. I turned 37 on March 30th. I started my weight loss journey on March 7. So far I've lost 20 pounds. I'm working really hard, but its not as easy as it was when I was in my 20's. I'd love some 30+ buddies who understand the challenges of trying to lose weight now. I'd love some helpful hints and tips on exercise programs and nutrition plans that have worked for you. I'm not on any particular diet. I just changed my eating habits and I've started working out. I'm doing the 30 Shred by Jillian Michaels and that is a big deal for me LOL! Lovely to meet all of you!

Replies

• Shrinking_Moody
    Shrinking_Moody Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'm 31 (32 in June) - and it does seem harder now. I use Jillian Micahels DVDs and have an elliptical but I'm hoping to start running in the near future too. I still eat what I want to eat (if it fits in my calories) but portion control is key for me - and I learned early on that the more I workout the more I can eat :happy:
  • Fabu_lass
    Fabu_lass Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just turned 34 (in Feb) - and agree it does seem harder now. I have previosly done a round of Jillian and toned up nicely and lost some weight. I would like to start running when summer starts as well. I just started p90x lean, on tehe 1st so not to sure how that will go, but hoping to get some good results, am definitely learning more about nutrition and agree that portion control is definitely an eye-opener, a bowl of cereal, yep portion control, feel free to add me
  • cinitra81
    Options
    I love to meet more 30+ woman who are excited about living healthy!!!
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I'm not only 30+, I'm 40+ and yes losing weight is a lot harder than when I was in my 20s or even my 30s, but that just means I have to work harder.
  • Natoshae7
    Natoshae7 Posts: 51
    Options
    Hi! I'm 31(feb). It is way harder. I use to love working out(heavyduty work outs) and staying in shape....Until I got pregnant. Because it was my first I didn't want to take any chances with my heavy duty workouts and stopped working out all together during the pregnancy. The WORST thing I could have ever done! Now my daughter is 5(feb), I am having the hardest time getting back to the habit of doing good consistant workouts. As a result, it is hard for me to lose 20pounds and tummy. I am more determined now then ever to conquer this:-) I Love Zumba. Going to get Zumba certified on Saturday:-) I also added Bootcamp at LA fitness to my weekly workout schedule. Starting to see some results and feel good, Hallelujah!!!
  • sunkiss347
    sunkiss347 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am 38 and it is a challenge compared to my 20s. I am not always on the forum but this is my fb. https://m.facebook.com/?refsrc=http://www.facebook.com/&_rdr#!/Nikkidemus?__user=7104746&soft=jewel=1
  • Jocelynlhayes
    Options
    Hi 30+ Divas! My name is Jocelyn swinging through for Florida! I am 31 and loving life and Jesus more! I need to know what you Divas do for cravings, sweets and carbs cravings to be exact. When I was early mid 20's it was nothing to eat sweets and carbs, in portions, and still lose weight but now its a little bit harder. HELP!!!!!
  • DeMarraDontStop
    DeMarraDontStop Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hey 30+! Feel free to add me! I too am watching portion control and exercise which has worked for me. Of course, some days / weeks are better than others. Pretty pleased with my results being slow and steady, truly a lifestyle change!! Best wishes on your journey!
  • MSSONTA
    MSSONTA Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am KaSonta (everyone calls me Kei Kei) and I am 42 years old. I am starting my weight loss journey and would love to talk with others and learn from others how to turn things around in a good direction. Can anyone tell me how to get the tracker also?
  • LOOKatSHAY
    Options
    I'll be 30 in 5 week May 16 :0)
  • SalubriousGyrl
    SalubriousGyrl Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    great post! I would love to see what the comments are regarding ways of keeping the weight off!
  • Yana150
    Yana150 Posts: 226
    Options
    Hi! I'm 35, and I'm finding it harder to lose weight now, too. I have PCOS on top of being in my mid-30's, so I'm feeling the challenge, but I'm not giving in. I know it's going to be a slower and harder process, but I know that I can meet my goals.

What I'm doing is limiting sugar, processed foods, and exercising everyday - even if it's just a walk to the grocery store. Every little bit counts.
  • Charmingirl
    Options
    Hi, I'm 33 and this is probably my 3rd attempt to lose wt. I've been successful in the past in losing but not in keeping it off. This time seems different for me bc I've learned the benefits of losing wt & I'm super excited to achieve to my goal wt. I've been using the workout dvd to the "for food lovers diet" for a while. I enjoy this dvd bc it have different pace levels. I'm determined to lose this wt.