Body Revoultionaries, starting april 1st, phase 1

Options

Replies

• Running_Peripheral
    Options
    I'm finding it a good sore every day. I wasn't doing the phase correctly so really glad I asked about it. I ended up doing week 3 and 4 not realizing how I was supposed to be doing it.

I haven't touched her cardio workout DVD yet. I probably should.
  • ravensgirl87
    ravensgirl87 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Real quick, is anyone else STARVING? I am now eating my exercise calories and I'm still hungry! Maybe it's just today? I don't know. Just wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing this.

YES!!! I too have started allowing myself my exercise calories back!! Maybe I need more protein??
  • JillStone17
    JillStone17 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Real quick, is anyone else STARVING? I am now eating my exercise calories and I'm still hungry! Maybe it's just today? I don't know. Just wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing this.

YES!!! I too have started allowing myself my exercise calories back!! Maybe I need more protein??

Maybe? But I'm eating a lot of eggs so I thought that would be enough......it's so weird. It was a REAL hunger, not the "I want to eat because I'm bored" feeling. I true, empty stomach kind of feeling. Glad I'm not the only one. Today is a tad better but my run really didn't feel too good after the first 2.5 miles because I started feeling hungry. I'm going to try and up the protein and see what happens.
  • JillStone17
    Options
    Just put workout 2 away for the last time.....watching workout 3 right now so I know what to expect on Monday. I don't like not knowing what she's going to tell me to do. Her exercises don't seem to be too complicated but if it's something I haven't done before I like to practice.

Running a 10 mile race tomorrow so skipping my Jillian Cardio workout.

Loving this program so far and noticing changes already!

Have a great day everyone :)
  • Running_Peripheral
    Options
    same here. will be doing week 3 and 4 since I know I can do them. (accidentally discovered that).

Ran today. Rest tomorrow. Start over on Monday. I'm also noticing my body change. I've always been primarily a runner but I think now I'm hooked on strength/circuit training. So motivating.
  • JillStone17
    Options
    same here. will be doing week 3 and 4 since I know I can do them. (accidentally discovered that).

Ran today. Rest tomorrow. Start over on Monday. I'm also noticing my body change. I've always been primarily a runner but I think now I'm hooked on strength/circuit training. So motivating.

It's crazy how fast your body changes with weights! I've been relying on running for my exercise the past year or so but I see definite improvement in the way I look and run in just two short weeks. Will definitely be keeping this up!
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    How is everybody doing? Im still sick. I did the first week but I took a break to heal but dont let that stop the rest of you to stick with it!
  • ravensgirl87
    Options
    Go us! Two weeks down!!! I've never worked it this many days in a row EVER!! Today was the first day I didn't think cardio 1 would kill me :) Although I still admire/envy those of you that think its too easy! I previewed workout 3 after I did cardio today. I noticed a lot of the same exercises as 30DS. I know a lot of people don't like that she repeats exercises, but I kind of like the mix of old/new. I only lost .4 pounds this week, but my body is truly starting to FEEL different. My muscles feel tighter and (unless its my imagination) my jeans feel a wee-bit looser. Has anyone noticed a huge change in their weight?? Lets keep it going guys!!!
  • JillStone17
    Options
    Go us! Two weeks down!!! I've never worked it this many days in a row EVER!! Today was the first day I didn't think cardio 1 would kill me :) Although I still admire/envy those of you that think its too easy! I previewed workout 3 after I did cardio today. I noticed a lot of the same exercises as 30DS. I know a lot of people don't like that she repeats exercises, but I kind of like the mix of old/new. I only lost .4 pounds this week, but my body is truly starting to FEEL different. My muscles feel tighter and (unless its my imagination) my jeans feel a wee-bit looser. Has anyone noticed a huge change in their weight?? Lets keep it going guys!!!

I haven't lost any weight but I didn't think I would because I don't have a ton to lose and I know muscle weighs more than fat. But I have noticed my clothes are fitting better and my stomach is staying under control. I took quick measurements on Friday morning and noticed that I had gone down in some areas, so that was encouraging. Especially since it had only been 2 weeks!

Excited for new moves on DVD 3 and 4. I like that her exercises aren't all that complicated so it's not too frustrating to learn. I've done some DVD's where I give up on the first workout because the moves are so out of control!

Great job this week everyone, I'm going to lay on the couch the rest of the night....that 10 miles kicked my butt!
  • gregersons
    gregersons Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hello I started body revolution a week behind everyone. I was kn spring break the week you all started. Last year I did great on mfp and lost almost 40 pounds. This past 4 months I got derailed and gained almost 20 back. I decided to purchase BR to kick me back into shape and on a schedule. I am feeling great after just one week of the program. I am looking for some mfp friends that are doing this program as well to motivate eachother to keep going through the whole program. If you started a wwk late that would be even better as we would be ok n the same schedule. Please add me!
  • ravensgirl87
    Options
    Did workout 3 this morning! This may sound weird... but did anyone else find the COOL DOWN hard? I couldn't do the weird leg stretches at the beginning. It hurt my knees!

I also didn't like the sideways crunch... all the weight on my hip bones kind of hurt. Did anyone else have the same problems or is it just me??

Overall I liked the workout. It was definitely nice to mix it up!
  • JillStone17
    Options
    I didn't find the cool down hard, but the sideways crunches did hurt my hips. I remember thinking that while I was doing them.

It was nice to have new exercises and I definitely found this one harder, I'm still hurting from my race too, so that didn't help.

What did everyone else think of workout 3?
  • ravensgirl87
    Options
    I enjoyed workout 4 this morning!!! But when you have to keep going down to your knees then back to standing with weights in the air... That kind of sucked! I'm enjoying the new workouts this week, but I'm kind of looking forward to the fact that I already know cardio 1 by heart for tomorrow morning :)

Anyone else enjoying the new workouts??
  • JillStone17
    Options
    Workout 4 kind of kicked my but today! The one where you are in a total squat and doing arm raises or something and hollow man were killing me!

Really don't like doing cardio unless its running, but I'll do it anyway ;)

Where is everyone? Seems like it's just a couple of us commenting on here lately. Let us know what you're doing!
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I'm a 25th started but I'm extending each phase to a month so the program will last 6 months. Still doing it faithfully, and I'm doing the more difficult modifications during the latter part of the phase to step it up even though I haven't switched DVDs. Loving it! Scale is moving a little, but inches are definitely coming off.
  • tallieterp
    tallieterp Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    i started a little earlier than everyone but i love getting into the discussions to see what everyone things... my form was off in my lunges during the first few work outs and when I corrected I noticed my knees felt a lot better! and the side crunches def took a toll on my hips too i just would leave back in my butt a little more and that seemed to help...

Looks like you guys will catch up with me to as, like sunshine, i'm extending the phases a bit to accomodate schedules and other committments... great job everyone!
  • JillStone17
    Options
    Thanks for joining us ladies! Always great to hear from others even if we aren't all on the same schedule.

My comment for the day ........I HATE Plié hops! Can I get an Amen?!!!!!!!!
  • tallieterp
    tallieterp Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Thanks for joining us ladies! Always great to hear from others even if we aren't all on the same schedule.

My comment for the day ........I HATE Plié hops! Can I get an Amen?!!!!!!!!

AMEN
  • ravensgirl87
    Options
    i started a little earlier than everyone but i love getting into the discussions to see what everyone things... my form was off in my lunges during the first few work outs and when I corrected I noticed my knees felt a lot better! and the side crunches def took a toll on my hips too i just would leave back in my butt a little more and that seemed to help...

Looks like you guys will catch up with me to as, like sunshine, i'm extending the phases a bit to accomodate schedules and other committments... great job everyone!

Glad I'm not the only one who's hips hurt after those side crunches!!! Ill definitely try to adjust more onto my butt and see if that helps!

47 lbs lost?!?! That's AMAZING!! Great job!!!
  • ravensgirl87
    Options
    Workout 4 kind of kicked my but today! The one where you are in a total squat and doing arm raises or something and hollow man were killing me!

Really don't like doing cardio unless its running, but I'll do it anyway ;)

Where is everyone? Seems like it's just a couple of us commenting on here lately. Let us know what you're doing!

I was wondering what happened to everyone too!! I really enjoy hearing how everyone else is doing. It's great motivation for me since no one in my family or group of friends actually works out.