If anyone has The New Rules of Lifting I need help Please.

Options
The New Rules of Lifting: Six Basic Moves for Maximum Muscle
By Lou Schuler, Alwyn Cosgrove

I got to the Fat Loss part 18 and got totally lost on the workouts I must have read it 20 times to workout what I suppose to do. It says:

Fat-Loss I .......Do each of the two workouts six times, alternating between them. You can do two, three, or even four workouts a week. The only rule: Never train more than two days in a row...............It then gives a chart workout A and B with reps, rest times etc,

I am totally confused and need to get into some weight training instead of the treadmill syndrome......Thank you Lee

Replies

• colleen3115
    colleen3115 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    So, it is confusing. Basically think of it this way. If you work out M,W,F you would do A,B,A then the next week you would do B,A,B for a total of each A and B workout 6 times. The confusing thing is that it says you can do more than 3 workouts a week. Hopefully that makes more sense.
  • colleen3115
    colleen3115 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Ran into someone at the gym today who did the same program you are asking about. She said she would do A,B,rest,A,B,rest etc. She said she lost like crazy.

I am doing The New Rules of Lifting for Women and I do A,rest,B,rest,A,rest,rest; B,rest,A,rest,B,rest, rest
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Ran into someone at the gym today who did the same program you are asking about. She said she would do A,B,rest,A,B,rest etc. She said she lost like crazy.

I am doing The New Rules of Lifting for Women and I do A,rest,B,rest,A,rest,rest; B,rest,A,rest,B,rest, rest

I wouldn't do it like the lady at the gym - it sounds like she's lifting two days in a row and then resting a day, then working out two more days in a row. Just make sure you have at least one rest day between lifting days and alternate A and B days each time you lift.
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options

I wouldn't do it like the lady at the gym - it sounds like she's lifting two days in a row and then resting a day, then working out two more days in a row. Just make sure you have at least one rest day between lifting days and alternate A and B days each time you lift.

I agree with this, you are sometimes working the same muscles and you don't want to be doing them two days in a row. If you are interested, I have excel spreadsheets with the entire program. Just PM me with your email address and I will send them to you.
  • Gapwedge01
    Gapwedge01 Posts: 494
    Options
    Improvement and repair is needed, thus the rest day between lift sessions.
  • trysha1231
    trysha1231 Posts: 163 Member
    Options

I agree with this, you are sometimes working the same muscles and you don't want to be doing them two days in a row. If you are interested, I have excel spreadsheets with the entire program. Just PM me with your email address and I will send them to you.

Would it be possible to get the excel sheets from you too?? I would really appreciate it! :)