Tell us a compliment you've recieved this week

Options
fragilegift
fragilegift Posts: 347 Member
This week, I have had three compliments.

#1 - someone told me there was 'no way' I was 'too fat' (to go caving)
#2 - someone on the walking route said [something] "good looking" as I ran past him. (I said "thankyou!")
#3 - the Site Manager of the employment agency said I "looked really good [...] you look like one of us."

What is something someone has said to you that has had a positive impact on you or just brightened your day/week?

Replies

• Bounce2
    Bounce2 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Double edged compliment, starts with; you have lost some weight.... could lose at least another 5 if you want to get the time and distance (I have started running again and this was from one of my friends that runs some serious miles, no malice intended).

or

The one that made me feel a million bucks and carried me the last 100 metres up Mt Co-otha.. "your amazing, go girl" from a stranger on my weekend trail run :)
  • sheldonsteyn
    sheldonsteyn Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Sexy eyes n nice *kitten* when I was working Security at the Titans game yesterday lol
  • Terasome
    Terasome Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    gorgeous smile you have now ( I havent smiled for 4 years due to an injury to my mouth which has now been fixed recently)
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    This morning after my walk I decided to run the last bit to my car and a guy on a motorbike was so busy turning around perving at me he nearly fell off his bike!:laugh:
  • sheldonsteyn
    Options
    This morning after my walk I decided to run the last bit to my car and a guy on a motorbike was so busy turning around perving at me he nearly fell off his bike!:laugh:

hahahaha thats gold!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options

hahahaha thats gold!

Ha! Is this why you sent me a friends request?!!:laugh:
  • char_179
    char_179 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I was told that I looked gorgeous
  • John020667
    Options
    Double edged compliment, starts with; you have lost some weight.... could lose at least another 5 if you want to get the time and distance (I have started running again and this was from one of my friends that runs some serious miles, no malice intended).

or

The one that made me feel a million bucks and carried me the last 100 metres up Mt Co-otha.. "your amazing, go girl" from a stranger on my weekend trail run :)

that is crazy
  • sheldonsteyn
    Options

hahahaha thats gold!

Ha! Is this why you sent me a friends request?!!:laugh:

Yes admittedly it is! lol
  • holly273
    holly273 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    1) This morning one of my guy friends and I were discussing body parts we liked on the opposite gender and I mentioned abs, then he said "honestly, I think the sexiest is defined/toned, like you". Made me happy :)
    2) Saturday night I went on a first date with a guy from my uni and he told me I was beautiful. Plain and simple, and a major self-esteem boost.
  • Erin959
    Erin959 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Well mine is more of a NSV. I've recently started a new job and my old job was the supermarket next door to where I live, so I go back in there a lot. Pretty much everyone I've seen tells me how happy I look and I even had someone tell me that I was glowing. It's been a long time since I've been really happy so I think this is great!! :drinker:
  • HelaB
    HelaB Posts: 9
    Options
    I got a 'damn girl' this week.

I do work with sleazy older men though... :P
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Mine was actually a PM on this site. I commented on a post saying that I'd love to look like my profile pic (Demi Moore in GI Jane). A random messaged me saying that the real me (I have a pic of myself on here too) is better looking and I looked better sweaty than her lol. Felt soemwhat creeped out but nice compliment lol.