looking for trans friends

Options
2»

Replies

• purplesora
    purplesora Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, guys!~ Bigender individual here. I use female pronouns, probably because I'm biologically female, so I'm used to it and I'm not really 'out' as bigender, but I prefer more 'male' words if I have to pick between male or female (ie. I like to be called a prince instead of a princess <3). I think my expression is more masculine than feminine most of the time. Friend me, I don't have an friends on here yet c:
  • JTS_go
    JTS_go Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Cmeirun, I'm so with you on happily waving goodbye to the boobs (when that happens, if ever). Though I wouldn't say I'd ever considered that I have chest dysphoria, these tits have been nothing but in my way my whole life. The transmasculine description fits me quite well. I'm comfortable with she/her, but it doesn't bother me a bit if I get a he/him. It's usually way more uncomfortable for the other person.
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Cmeirun, I'm so with you on happily waving goodbye to the boobs (when that happens, if ever). Though I wouldn't say I'd ever considered that I have chest dysphoria, these tits have been nothing but in my way my whole life. The transmasculine description fits me quite well. I'm comfortable with she/her, but it doesn't bother me a bit if I get a he/him. It's usually way more uncomfortable for the other person.

Yeah, it's kind of awesome to be able to wave bye-bye after all this time being uncomfortable!!! :bigsmile:
  • GrendelGreg
    GrendelGreg Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Transman reporting in, happy to have new trans friends!
  • getfitcharles
    Options
    yeah, feel free to add and/or talk.
    warning now though that I'm stealth outside of lgbt spaces and i don't enjoy the whole political side of lgbt stuff at all. i'm a nice enough guy though - i think.. haha. :)
  • TheTrym
    TheTrym Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm a trans man.
  • DeathOracle
    Options
    Transmasculine genderqueer here. Would love to find a support group among fellow queers! Feel free to add me, and let's do this together.
  • wizkklx
    wizkklx Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Brian Molko identified, reporting for duty.
    Whatever pronoun you want works for me, I answer to all.
  • mikurulove10
    Options
    I may be a bit young for your tastes, but I'm here an always open! I'm a publicly closeted occasionally-femme (pardon me if I'm using the term incorrectly) transman myself. Nice to meet you! My name's Alexander, but I'm currently pondering on the name Zacharie.
  • kingofcatastrophes
    kingofcatastrophes Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm a 20 year old trans male from the UK.
    Almost 2 years on T.
    Had top surgery in January and having phallo next year.
  • littlebudgie
    littlebudgie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I just realized I never posted in this thread.

24-year-old genderqueer person, generally leaning towards the masculine side of things, so I prefer he/him (thus my profile settings). Not on any hormones, but (slowly) saving up for top surgery.
  • tokataro
    tokataro Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Have any of you guys postponed your transitions for weight loss reasons? I'm pretty sure now that I will want to transition at some point, but I'm skeptical about my ability to pass at this weight. The last thing I want to do is transition and find that I still hate my body. Am I crazy for putting this off till I at least get down to ~200lbs?
  • alexanderhoofie
    Options
    27, FTM. Add me! =)
  • tokataro
    Options
    Crickets... none of you guys have any input on the whole transition before or after weight loss thing?
  • cmeiron
    Options
    Sorry you're not getting any feedback! I don't want to make assumptions about your transition plans, but I'm assuming you mean hormones and/or some surgery? Hormones will help redistribute body fat in a more masculine-looking way, and could also help with gaining muscle mass - I can't see either of those being a bad thing at any point in the weight loss process.
    As for surgery, I'm not planning any in the near future, but I think if I was in your shoes I'd want to keep focusing on reducing my weight, and increasing my fitness/muscle mass a bit before having top surgery. My understanding is that it's better for the procedure itself (in terms of anaesthetic, recovery, etc.), and I also think that your gut feeling about being happy with the aesthetics afterwards might be right. I don't know this for a fact, but I wonder if major changes in your weight after the surgery might affect how things look down the road - like, maybe it would be better to be closer to your goal/ideal, so that the surgery and aesthetics were planned/tailored for that body.
    From a passing perspective, it's hard to say - personally, now that I've lost fat not just from my chest (which deflated hugely, and first and quickly when I started to lose weight) but also from my hips/tummy, my overall physique is much more linear/less curvy, fits better in men's shirts and generally looks more passable/I'm much happier with it because it has something closer to the overall look I'm trying to achieve; in other words, the bottom had to start to match the top before things looked right, for me. I know I'm not in the same position as you and don't have the first-hand experience that others here have, but I've thought about this a lot and don't want to see you left hangin' out here :flowerforyou: Hope I'm not overstepping my bounds/talking out of line here!
  • tokataro
    Options
    Thanks for the input. Yeah, I think I'm probably going to want hormones and top surgery, probably not bottom. Just don't want people to be weirded out by my voice changing, facial hair, etc. while I'm still clearly not passing due to fat distribution and whatnot.
  • UnwrappingCandy
    UnwrappingCandy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I am not trans, and I'm not as educated on trans-relevant issues as I probably should be. So, could someone please explain to me what it means to actually 'pass'? Is it about you meeting certain standards of gender you created in your own mind? Is it meeting gender stereotypes created by society? Is it physical and mental? I want to know everything. :flowerforyou:
  • NyxNine
    NyxNine Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am not trans, and I'm not as educated on trans-relevant issues as I probably should be. So, could someone please explain to me what it means to actually 'pass'? Is it about you meeting certain standards of gender you created in your own mind? Is it meeting gender stereotypes created by society? Is it physical and mental? I want to know everything. :flowerforyou:

Passing is when random strangers believe you're whatever you want them to. So. Fitting society stereotypes. Pretty simple.
  • cmeiron
    Options

Passing is when random strangers believe you're whatever you want them to. So. Fitting society stereotypes. Pretty simple.

Just as an example to clarify for the PP, if you're FTM and people perceive you as male upon meeting you, then you're passing. Likewise, if someone is MTF and people perceive her as a woman, then she's passing.
  • alexanderhoofie
    Options
    Have any of you guys postponed your transitions for weight loss reasons? I'm pretty sure now that I will want to transition at some point, but I'm skeptical about my ability to pass at this weight. The last thing I want to do is transition and find that I still hate my body. Am I crazy for putting this off till I at least get down to ~200lbs?

No, you're not crazy. In my experience, going on T actually helped me lose the weight. I'm not sure if it was because of an increased metabolism or because my mood improved (because of T, and because of a mood stabilizer I went on at the same time) keeping me from so much emotional eating.

As for passing, your face and voice will likely change, and the fat will redistribute to the places males tend to carry weight, so that will happen in time. Everyone goes through a weird awkward "hello sir--er, um, ma'am--uh, sir?" phase though, regardless of weight.

Hope I helped! =)