Level 1

Replies

• badtastebetty
    badtastebetty Posts: 326 Member
    Way to go Ann! Glad you didn't let yourself get too down.

Everyone who is completing level 1, way to go!!
  • estey89
    estey89 Posts: 104 Member
    Looks like i'm taking my two days of rest (1 yesterday and 1 today) My root canal i got is so infected i just had to have an emergency appt to releive pressure and now i'm on two diff antibiotics and two t3s q4h ugh... so not feeling well!!

On the brighht side I have quit smoking for: 2 years, 10 weeks today :)
  • helloitsali
    helloitsali Posts: 10 Member
    Ugh I had to take Monday and Tuesday off because I had midterms and kinda died studying for them. It was absolutely necessary to do well on them, but I feel like this is the opposite of progress because school work was always my excuse before for not exercising. I'm getting back on the wagon today, I am just mad at myself about the past two days. =/
  • kailexx
    kailexx Posts: 197
    Level 1 is done! I'm so happy, even though today was rough with it since I did a lot on the elliptical last night for the first time in ages, but I watched the level 2 video and i'm actually kinda excited to try it, seems like a lot of fun moves. I ended up cheating and i measured myself last night and not a big difference, but i've lost 2 inches on my bust, and an inch around my waist! It's not a big change, but it's a change and whats what makes me happy.
  • lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    I did level1, day 4 last night and for some reason it was worse that day three. I think it was because I missed it the day before and I did it later at night when I was already tired. I'm hoping tonight goes better. I'm really struggling with the arm work and I'm only using 2lbs weights! It's mainly the push-ups and the the work out to the shoulders that hurts the most. On some of the arm work I could actually use a challenge so I might switch between the 5lbs and the 2lbs weights. The stomach exercises don't hurt a bit. I've heard that level 2 really works the abs. The other thing that I'm struggling with is the ankle and knee pain when doing the jumping. I think that's just something that will improve as I get stronger and in shape...not to mention lighter!
  • estey89
    I did level 1 day 7 today after a 2 day break i thought it would be harder, i did have to have a break in the 3rd circuit as i jumped into the workout right after breakfast and thought i'd be having breakfast all over again haha, I am now doing 10-12 push ups each time for first circuit instead of 4-5! I'm still finding the lunges and bicep curls the hardest part.
  • katerbees
    katerbees Posts: 11
    I did L1 D7 today, tried level 2 yesterday to change things up lol. I can't do the lateral arm raises the second time around with weights though.
  • badtastebetty
    Way to go everyone. Glad to see new faces, and others who are still going strong!

My leg is still pretty tender from Tuesday, but I'm going to pick up the Shred again today, and just try and take it easy on the squats and lunges so I don't crack my tattoo. I think I'll incorporate some balance instead.
  • kiekie
    kiekie Posts: 289 Member
    Level 1, Day 5 = DONE!

I'm feeling on top of this level now so going to up my weight to 5.5lb (apart from those anterior-bloody-raises!) and also do as many full push ups as possible before dropping to my knees.

I'm glad it's only 20 minutes and therefore very manageable (no excuses, right?) but gahd am I bored of her nattering on and Natalie's smug smile. Going to add on some extras when I can now too.
  • MsAnn07
    MsAnn07 Posts: 172 Member
    Level 1 Day 8.5 Done!!

Was soo tired after work today,,, hurried to put on my workout clothes and got to it. Love /hate relationship ongoing.
    I'm using 5lbs weights, think I may have to up a little itty bit.

So proud of everyone who started, stopped, started again and still going. We can do this!!!

DO NOT GIVE UP!
  • badtastebetty
    And I am back at it! Level 1 Day 7 in the bag!

I was prepared to modify my moves, to go easy on my lower body and pair it with 8lb weights instead of 5lb weights. Turns out I decided to bring it anyway. My arms are getting strong!

I also tried push ups from the feet. They're sad, but I did them almost the whole time.
  • badtastebetty

DO NOT GIVE UP!

YEAH!
  • MsAnn07
    And I am back at it! Level 1 Day 7 in the bag!

I was prepared to modify my moves, to go easy on my lower body and pair it with 8lb weights instead of 5lb weights. Turns out I decided to bring it anyway. My arms are getting strong!

I also tried push ups from the feet. They're sad, but I did them almost the whole time.

Glad you are able to continue! I really need to try a 'Real' push up soon. I also think my arms are getting stronger..I feel some muscles on the top of my arm. Regarding my legs its easier for me to get up from a chair without using my hands..almost like rising from a squat ( if that makes sense).
  • mom2dzbnwe
    mom2dzbnwe Posts: 129 Member
    Bicycle crunches are a cruel joke, right? Like, I'm not the only one with wildly waggling legs up there, am I? My revised goal is to correctly do 1 bicycle crunch. Not in 30 days, but like, in my life.

I'm half-dead by that point anyway, and then it's like my brain cannot actually function properly to tell my body how to coordinate a bicycle crunch! HA!

Today was day 13!!! That's right! I've stuck to it almost 2 whole weeks! I kind of can't believe it myself! :) It definitely gets easier. I was so sore the first couple of days and not at all now--which is good in a way and bad in a way. It somehow makes me feel like I'm not doing enough. Anyone else get that? Anyway, since I just joined the group I was reading through some of the earlier posts and laughing hysterically!
  • MsAnn07
    Tried to get up early 4:45 and complete level 1 soo sleepy could barely do one real jumping jack during the warm up!:explode: Guess I'll try again this evening
  • kiekie
    kiekie Posts: 289 Member
    It definitely gets easier. I was so sore the first couple of days and not at all now--which is good in a way and bad in a way. It somehow makes me feel like I'm not doing enough. Anyone else get that? Anyway, since I just joined the group I was reading through some of the earlier posts and laughing hysterically!

YES! My HRM burn has gone from 244 gradually down to 203 last night (day 5) so I'm upping weights, doing full push ups, increasing the tempo of the cardio portions and adding on some another short workout afterwards if I can.

Seeing the progress in my fitness day-to-day is motivating!

I LOVE the bicycle crunches! Feels sooooo good! I have an old back injury that restricts my movement on one side doing regular oblique crunches but having the legs going too somehow relives this and I feel I'm able to squeeze the muscles evenly.
  • badtastebetty
    I skipped last night. My friend arrives from out f town sooner than I thought she would. Today I am going to try and aim to do my Level 1 day eight and try out Level 2 as well (but still finish off Level 1)
  • mom2dzbnwe
    mom2dzbnwe Posts: 129 Member
    Did day 15 of level 1 today. I'm going to stick with level 1 for a full 30 days before jumping to level 2. I'm not taking any rest days, and before I started this I wasn't working out at all. I spend my days with a 2, 3 (almost 4), and 4 year old, so it's not like I'm not active, but I wasn't consciously choosing to exercise. My knees have taken turns being sore and inflamed. Cardio was super hard for me today, because of knee pain. But, I pushed through! I've walked (just a couple miles) the past couple of nights too, and I'm thinking it's the combination that is bothering my knee???

Anyway, I'm still here and I'm hoping to see fantastic results!

Keep at it, friends!
  • estey89
    Today was my last day! Finished level 1! whoohoo
  • kailexx
    kailexx Posts: 197
    I miss you level 1 guys, level 2 is so quiet :(