Good Gastro Visit Yesterday

Options
Just wanted to share. Last year when visiting my gastro I was on a ton of prednisone and was in a lot of agony. Yesterday he looked up at me and said, "hmm, you lost 25 pounds since your last visit. Really good work." I almost leapt for joy. 25 lbs. doesn't seem like a lot in a year, but honestly, I have such a difficult time losing after prednisone and in 7 years after my diagnosis I've never been successful.

Just wanted to share this minor accomplishment with my UC MFP friends.

Replies

• KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Awesome accomplishment; congratulations!
  • JPLYLER09
    JPLYLER09 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! keep up the good work
  • LauriePar
    LauriePar Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    That is just so awesome! I really DO know hard it is to lose weight when one has has UC. It has taken me since October to lose 18 pounds!! So I think your 25 pounds lost if just plain fabulous!!
  • LauriePar
    LauriePar Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Oh, by the way, how did your appt, go? No more Prednisone? Are in in remission right now?
  • RoeMo326
    RoeMo326 Posts: 17
    Options
    Thank you so much Laurie!

My appointment went well. I'm still on a lot more medication than I want to be (Azasan 225mg, Remicade, Asacol) but to be honest, I can live with all of that if I'm feeling well and able to function. And most importantly, NO PREDNISONE. I am technically in remission but not 100% - but I can live with how I'm feeling at the moment.
  • chefsusan
    chefsusan Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    That is a great report! Keep up what you are doing!
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Congrats and you are awesome!

25 lbs is a ton of weight. Think of the sticks of butter; 4 to a pkg. Think of all those boxes piled one on top of the other! Those used to be on your body!

EXCELLENT!!!!

Glad you are feeling better too!
  • screwloose777
    screwloose777 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    congrats!
  • meganw5638
    meganw5638 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Well done! I hate trying to lose after prednisone. :(
  • RoeMo326
    Options
    Well done! I hate trying to lose after prednisone. :(

It's really so difficult. My doctor calls it the prednisone lag, for the few months after when you can't seem to shake that exhausted feeling. You also get used to eating all the time because you're always hungry.
  • ovege
    ovege Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    That's a great loss and a great visit! Did they do a double take on the weight from last year to this year? Always funny to watch the reactions. I now warn the nurse because they ask if I lost on purpose.
  • RoeMo326
    Options
    That's a great loss and a great visit! Did they do a double take on the weight from last year to this year? Always funny to watch the reactions. I now warn the nurse because they ask if I lost on purpose.

I think my doctor definitely did. I'm on 6MP so my medication is based on my weight...therefore, he looks very closely at the numbers. Made me smile even though I have a really long way to go!