The Black Team Loft !

Options
marcelka77
marcelka77 Posts: 476 Member
Welcome BlackTeam !

This is where you will socialize, meet and greet, get to know eachother, do challenges here in your loft ! Make sure that you get to know eachother !

Replies

• squishypop
    squishypop Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Team black where you at?! I'm Christy and am in to play this game. Weekly challenges seem scary (given my current workout schedule and existing challenges I've taken on) but we'll see how it goes ;)
  • marcelka77
    Options
    So getting lesson from last challenge to keep us motiated we have begun our 20 week challenge(counting this 0 week).

For many of us, this is a clean slate of getting back on track! For the WEEK O challenge, I thought we might take it BACK TO BASICS! Let's take this week to focus on drinking water and cooking ! I know that this is not the easiest thing for all of us to do .

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/957625-pre-game-challege-0-week-challenge
  • hifromjamers1984
    hifromjamers1984 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    So hello my lovelies! This is your captain speaking :wink: ! How is everyone doing today? I am Jamie, I'm 29 and I have about 60 pounds that I need to lose. Actually any weight that I lose during this challenge is great with me. I'm losing the battle with the scale but I'm winning the war with the tape measure. Let's get our challenge on peeps!
  • chljlleal
    chljlleal Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hi all I'm Jen, I have about 20lbs left to lose. So looking forward to doing this challenge with you x
  • kendallsauntie
    kendallsauntie Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hi my lovelies! This is still your captain speaking. As the result of a recent major hacking situation I have created a new account (this one) and will be deactivating my old account (hifromjamers1984) on Monday April 15. Feel free to add me just leave me a message and let me know that you are a member of the Black team.

Thank you everyone!

Jamie
  • pjgreen0830
    pjgreen0830 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I am Pam. I am a 56 year old grandma with 70 lbs to lose. I work full-time. I go to the gym at work in the am, work all day, come home and prep our dinner, leaving instructions with hubby on how to cook, then go to a different gym before coming home to stay for the evening. I LOVE kickboxing and that is why the secod gym. I can get 3 more days per week of kickboxing by going there.
  • kendallsauntie
    Options
    I am Pam. I am a 56 year old grandma with 70 lbs to lose. I work full-time. I go to the gym at work in the am, work all day, come home and prep our dinner, leaving instructions with hubby on how to cook, then go to a different gym before coming home to stay for the evening. I LOVE kickboxing and that is why the secod gym. I can get 3 more days per week of kickboxing by going there.

I wish my gym offered kickboxing! It sounds like TONS of fun!
  • pjgreen0830
    Options

Jamie, I got my MRI results Friday. I have bone spurs in my neck that are pressing down on the nerves coming out of my spine heading for my fingers, on both sides of my neck. The problem isn't going to go away for quite a while, if ever, but she is going to try to relieve some of the pain. She told me I can go back to kickboxing and all the rest as long as it doesn't aggreviate it more. SO, I'm back in my workouts. YEAH!!!
  • kendallsauntie
    Options

Jamie, I got my MRI results Friday. I have bone spurs in my neck that are pressing down on the nerves coming out of my spine heading for my fingers, on both sides of my neck. The problem isn't going to go away for quite a while, if ever, but she is going to try to relieve some of the pain. She told me I can go back to kickboxing and all the rest as long as it doesn't aggreviate it more. SO, I'm back in my workouts. YEAH!!!

Yeah! That's awesome that you're back to working out! Sorry to hear about the bone spurrs though. They can't be fun.
  • marcelka77
    Options
    Good morning my Lovelies

I am back to keep you going ;)

this challenge is from monday

Pre-game challege 0 week Exercise challenge 04/15 - 04/22 ( 22nd its the our official D day)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/959159-pre-game-challege-0-week-exercise-challenge?page=1#posts-14626928
  • chljlleal
    Options
    Hi guys

Hope you are all having a great Monday, just logging my exercise before I forget.

I have done 60 squats so far today (will try and get some more in before bed time) and will be doing a 45 minute power walk later this evening,

Talk to you later
    Jen
  • pjgreen0830
    Options
    I only did 35 squats yesterday, but I did get 30 minutes of biking in the morning and an additional 40 minutes of various exercises in the evening. I'll make up for the squats today. A trick I have been using for a while is to do 10 squats before I sit down to go potty and as soon as I finish 10 more. The boss doen't notice that extra 2 minutes and it perks me up during the day. For some reason, that little bit of work during the day wakes me up and keeps me going.
  • chljlleal
    Options
    A trick I have been using for a while is to do 10 squats before I sit down to go potty and as soon as I finish 10 more. The boss doen't notice that extra 2 minutes and it perks me up during the day. For some reason, that little bit of work during the day wakes me up and keeps me going.

That is a brilliant idea Pam!

I have done 50 squats today (didn't manage any more yesterday) and I walked the dog for about half an hour.

Hope you are all having a great Tuesday x
  • katonaroof
    katonaroof Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    hi - i'm katie. i live in the mountains of colorado & we've gotten more snow these past few days than i think i've seen all winter. i've been quiet because i'm a bit stressed about my living situation - i need to find a new place to live & am running out of time, there are options yet so many balls in the air right now that it's throwing me off. still trying to keep up with eating well, although yesterday i wanted comfort food so i had it, and trying to get back to drinking my normal amount of water. i'm getting there.

yesterday i walked for 30 minutes and other than that haven't gotten much exercise in - my trainer's gone for a few weeks due to a death in the family so my options are limited right now... & i'm just not self motivated enough right now to do DVDs, etc. i'll get back to it at some point. & will try to get in some squats today. have a great day!
  • pjgreen0830
    Options

exercise.png

Rode the bike again this morning for 30 minutes, did some weight training as well. After work I went to the other gym for kickboxing and calisthentics. I had completed 50 squats at work but added another 80 during kickboxing class.

I forget to tell you guys about my water habits. I drink 20 ounces before I leave the house each morning. I take another 20 ounces bottle with me to the gym in the morning, which I finish before I go to my desk. I have a 32 ounce mug at my desk that I drink at least one of daily and usually 2 fills. I take another 20 ounce bottle to the second gym, which I finish with my dinner after I get home. So on any given day I get at least 92 ounces of water and usually 124 ounces.
  • chljlleal
    Options
    Hi guys

I have a quick water question, how much should we be aiming to drink?

I always drink 1ltr of plain water a day plus herbal and green teas, coffee and one sugar free coke. Plus extra water during work outs.

(I think 1ltr is roughly 35 ozs)

talk to you all later
    Jen
  • squishypop
    squishypop Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    8 cups sounds about right. i drink approx. 3 cups of water with lunch and dinner, then 2-3 cups with my workout so without even knowing it, I am completing the challenge! ;)
  • katonaroof
    katonaroof Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    i'm trying to remember what i've heard about water - i think it's that you should drink about half your body weight in water (ounces) per day & more if you're exercising; so if i go according to that i should be drinking at least 80 ounces of water a day (i currently weigh just under 160 lbs) before i add in exercise (& then more than that, if i'm exercising that day), if that helps anyone out. & generally, i try to drink around 100 ounces a day of straight water (not counting tea).
  • Jayni40
    Jayni40 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hey Black Team !!
    Been working on the 0 week challenges this is what I got so far:
    Mon 1hr Cardio
    Tues 1hr Strength training +100 Squats and 1/2 hr cardio
    Wed tried something new I did a Group Active Class( 1 hr cardio )which included a ton of squats I lost count after 50
    I plan on going to the track today weather permitting and I may be submitting a recipe for a food challenge tonight will keep you posted
    @ pjgreen totally steeling your squat ticker idea its cute!! ___Niki

exercise.png
  • pjgreen0830
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Niki