Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

April 19th challenge

A little break from the workouts, but on to nutrition. Eat 5 servings of vegetables = 1 large.

Bonus: 1 mile walk/run, 3 mile bike, swim 5 laps = extra large.

Enjoy!

The Don

Replies

• taylor0204
    taylor0204 Posts: 357 Member
    Thank you....my body needs a break.:smile: I have sore muscles every where.
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    In TEAM SACRIMONI we have several very low carbers that arent able to have 5 servings of veggies, as well as 2 ladies on restricted eating plans.. can we hit 15 8 oz glasses of water to make up for the greenery?!?!
  • Prephred
    Prephred Posts: 140 Member
    In TEAM SACRIMONI we have several very low carbers that arent able to have 5 servings of veggies, as well as 2 ladies on restricted eating plans.. can we hit 15 8 oz glasses of water to make up for the greenery?!?!

I am in the same boat, and I have only been able to do 8-10 glasses when I need to be doing 15. Can I do this one too?
  • Crystalagain22
    Crystalagain22 Posts: 63 Member
    A break from sore muscles, woohooo!!!
  • mochalishious
    mochalishious Posts: 97 Member
    1 mile done. I will be having a nice salad for lunch!
  • theparnellssean
    theparnellssean Posts: 637 Member

I am in the same boat, and I have only been able to do 8-10 glasses when I need to be doing 15. Can I do this one too?
    Yes, I am good with that trade off. I never gave the low carb thing a thought. Thank you and good luck.

The Don
  • info_nrs
    info_nrs Posts: 102 Member
    I'm sort of confused on this one. How are vegetables considered carbs? Granted there are vegetables that have a higher carb content, but the basic rule is leafy and green is the safe way---although I can see how eating 5 servings of greens might be a little over the top!!! Just as a nurse and a researcher, I sort of cringe when people get too restrictive unless it is under the direct guidance of a doctor/dietician. Just want everyone to be healthy and successful!!!!
  • missmegan831
    I'm sort of confused on this one. How are vegetables considered carbs? Granted there are vegetables that have a higher carb content, but the basic rule is leafy and green is the safe way---although I can see how eating 5 servings of greens might be a little over the top!!! Just as a nurse and a researcher, I sort of cringe when people get too restrictive unless it is under the direct guidance of a doctor/dietician. Just want everyone to be healthy and successful!!!!

^^ I agree with you... I myself follow the Keto eating lifestyle under doctors supervision for Type II Diabetes and Hypothyroid. Also have 3 teammates that are on calorie restricted diets due to lap band or protein only eating. ...I wish Bacon was a veggie :)
  • taylor0204
    taylor0204 Posts: 357 Member
    Team Sacrimoni member reporting in ....5 or more servings of veggies consumed.....Go Team and plant based foodies!!!
  • karendee4
    karendee4 Posts: 558 Member
    Team Sacromoni
    Eat 5 servings of vegetables = 1 large. --DONE!

Next I will do the bonus and report (if my stomach stops hurting)
  • flyinghawk2012
    flyinghawk2012 Posts: 40 Member
    Ta Da!! I did it. . . . and walked 1.5 miles on the treadmill. My knees hurt . . . gonna take it easy tomorrow.
  • missmegan831
    ***TEAM SACRIMONI***
    MISSMEGAN 17/8 oz glasses of water + 3 miles walking
    ANAGRAPHY 5 servings avacado + bonus
    HEPPIN1 5 servings veggies
  • heppin1
    heppin1 Posts: 32 Member
    I just finished a 7 and half mile bike ride,..along with my veggies for the day! :) I have never biked as fast as passing the house who had the dog chasing me! so scary! haha
  • info_nrs
    info_nrs Posts: 102 Member

^^ I agree with you... I myself follow the Keto eating lifestyle under doctors supervision for Type II Diabetes and Hypothyroid. Also have 3 teammates that are on calorie restricted diets due to lap band or protein only eating. ...I wish Bacon was a veggie :)

Wait. . . bacon ISN'T a veggie????:noway: THAT must be what I've been doing wrong. . . :wink:
  • missmegan831
    ***TEAM SACRIMONI***

Matawna 5 servings of veggies and 1 mile bonus
    Meemilla walking bonus
  • Crystalagain22
    Crystalagain22 Posts: 63 Member
    *TEAM SACRIMONI* 5 Servings of veggies :)
  • pab88
    pab88 Posts: 499 Member
    I got in my 5 vegetables today and did a 1 mile walk
  • 5 servings of veggies and a mile run!
  • Taraanne76
    Taraanne76 Posts: 111 Member
    Went for a walk and ate eggplant, kale, pepper, and riced cauliflower :)