April 19th challenge

Options
A little break from the workouts, but on to nutrition. Eat 5 servings of vegetables = 1 large.

Bonus: 1 mile walk/run, 3 mile bike, swim 5 laps = extra large.

Enjoy!

The Don

Replies

• taylor0204
    taylor0204 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Thank you....my body needs a break.:smile: I have sore muscles every where.
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    In TEAM SACRIMONI we have several very low carbers that arent able to have 5 servings of veggies, as well as 2 ladies on restricted eating plans.. can we hit 15 8 oz glasses of water to make up for the greenery?!?!
  • Prephred
    Prephred Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    In TEAM SACRIMONI we have several very low carbers that arent able to have 5 servings of veggies, as well as 2 ladies on restricted eating plans.. can we hit 15 8 oz glasses of water to make up for the greenery?!?!

I am in the same boat, and I have only been able to do 8-10 glasses when I need to be doing 15. Can I do this one too?
  • Crystalagain22
    Crystalagain22 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    A break from sore muscles, woohooo!!!
  • mochalishious
    mochalishious Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    1 mile done. I will be having a nice salad for lunch!
  • theparnellssean
    theparnellssean Posts: 637 Member
    Options

I am in the same boat, and I have only been able to do 8-10 glasses when I need to be doing 15. Can I do this one too?
    Yes, I am good with that trade off. I never gave the low carb thing a thought. Thank you and good luck.

The Don
  • info_nrs
    info_nrs Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm sort of confused on this one. How are vegetables considered carbs? Granted there are vegetables that have a higher carb content, but the basic rule is leafy and green is the safe way---although I can see how eating 5 servings of greens might be a little over the top!!! Just as a nurse and a researcher, I sort of cringe when people get too restrictive unless it is under the direct guidance of a doctor/dietician. Just want everyone to be healthy and successful!!!!
  • missmegan831
    Options
    I'm sort of confused on this one. How are vegetables considered carbs? Granted there are vegetables that have a higher carb content, but the basic rule is leafy and green is the safe way---although I can see how eating 5 servings of greens might be a little over the top!!! Just as a nurse and a researcher, I sort of cringe when people get too restrictive unless it is under the direct guidance of a doctor/dietician. Just want everyone to be healthy and successful!!!!

^^ I agree with you... I myself follow the Keto eating lifestyle under doctors supervision for Type II Diabetes and Hypothyroid. Also have 3 teammates that are on calorie restricted diets due to lap band or protein only eating. ...I wish Bacon was a veggie :)
  • taylor0204
    taylor0204 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Team Sacrimoni member reporting in ....5 or more servings of veggies consumed.....Go Team and plant based foodies!!!
  • karendee4
    karendee4 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Team Sacromoni
    Eat 5 servings of vegetables = 1 large. --DONE!

Next I will do the bonus and report (if my stomach stops hurting)
  • flyinghawk2012
    flyinghawk2012 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Ta Da!! I did it. . . . and walked 1.5 miles on the treadmill. My knees hurt . . . gonna take it easy tomorrow.
  • missmegan831
    Options
    ***TEAM SACRIMONI***
    MISSMEGAN 17/8 oz glasses of water + 3 miles walking
    ANAGRAPHY 5 servings avacado + bonus
    HEPPIN1 5 servings veggies
  • heppin1
    heppin1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I just finished a 7 and half mile bike ride,..along with my veggies for the day! :) I have never biked as fast as passing the house who had the dog chasing me! so scary! haha
  • info_nrs
    info_nrs Posts: 102 Member
    Options

^^ I agree with you... I myself follow the Keto eating lifestyle under doctors supervision for Type II Diabetes and Hypothyroid. Also have 3 teammates that are on calorie restricted diets due to lap band or protein only eating. ...I wish Bacon was a veggie :)

Wait. . . bacon ISN'T a veggie????:noway: THAT must be what I've been doing wrong. . . :wink:
  • missmegan831
    Options
    ***TEAM SACRIMONI***

Matawna 5 servings of veggies and 1 mile bonus
    Meemilla walking bonus
  • Crystalagain22
    Crystalagain22 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    *TEAM SACRIMONI* 5 Servings of veggies :)
  • pab88
    pab88 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I got in my 5 vegetables today and did a 1 mile walk
  • katieyoung712
    Options
    5 servings of veggies and a mile run!
  • Taraanne76
    Taraanne76 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Went for a walk and ate eggplant, kale, pepper, and riced cauliflower :)