231 DAYS!

Options
kelbelzz
kelbelzz Posts: 92 Member
I've completed 231 days of being binge/purge free! I feel like this is a massive accomplishment for me and I wanted to share with all of you. If I can do it, you can too :)
Stay strong, lovely people of MFP.

Replies

• Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I think it might be more useful to people if you shared your strategies and how you managed to stop binging and purging.
  • Kimblesnbits
    Kimblesnbits Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I think it might be more useful to people if you shared your strategies and how you managed to stop binging and purging.

^^^^ THIS! In detail please! Congrats to you :)
  • mom2izzyandallen
    mom2izzyandallen Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is AmAZING
  • kelbelzz
    Options
    Hm, I wish I could be more help on strategies. I don't know. Mainly I was sick of feeling so disgusting every time I binged (and because I was eroding my stomach lining with the purging but that's a different story.) I also bought this book called 8 Keys to Recovering from an Eating Disorder. This was helpful as well. It helped me pinpoint where I was and why I was binging. Also, I kind of weined off of logging my calories on here and was intuitively eating. I only ate when I was hungry. And if something upset/saddened me (the main reason I binged) I would find an alternative on how I wanted to resolve the anger/depression. My main thing was running or honestly, YOGA. I thought that it would be lame, but it has helped tremendously.

I don't know, I might have been rambling.
    Thank you for the congrats, and if you have any questions, you can ask here or you can add me :)
  • Chibea
    Chibea Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this beautiful number!!! I am doing better these days, but hadn't yet pictured the possibility of stringing that many days together:drinker: I understand the Yoga benefit. It's a lot like meditation and that really helps me a lot.
  • kelbelzz
    Options
    @chibea - It is completely possible! I never thought I would get out of the b/p habit. It's definitely a hard cycle to break. But I struggled for ten years with this disorder, and one day I decided that I needed to be done. And it can be done!
    :)
  • Springfield_Rocks
    Options
    I've completed 231 days of being binge/purge free! I feel like this is a massive accomplishment for me and I wanted to share with all of you. If I can do it, you can too :)
    Stay strong, lovely people of MFP.

You my dear are an inspiration! Friend request has been sent!

Congratulations! Please teach me!

:flowerforyou:
  • Tatyanakuster
    Tatyanakuster Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy for you and your joy clearly comes through on your post!!! So congratulations and keep it up!!!
  • angelaengbrecht
    angelaengbrecht Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    This is super inspirational!

Thank you!
  • wllwsmmr
    wllwsmmr Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    this gives me hope, thanks.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What an accomplishment! I look forward to the day I can say the same.

Thank you for listing your strategies, and for the book referral.
  • kelbelzz
    Options
    Thank you all for the congratulations!
    I'm glad that I can inspire people :3
    But you're all strong and I know you'll be this far some day too!
  • hdkerr
    hdkerr Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Seriously, this is so awesome.