What type of cancer...

Options

Replies

• kurting81
    kurting81 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Diagnosed 7/11/2007 with stage IV oral cancer (squamous cell carcinoma) in the tongue with metastasis to lymph nodes in left side of neck.
  • pinkgrandmaof8
    pinkgrandmaof8 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Diagnosed with stage 3, breast cancer in July of 2000. I had every kind of tx available thrown at me and finally had to stop as it was becoming too dangerous for me to continue. I was allergic to some of the chemo. I had a lumpectomy, radiation and chemotherapy and ended up having a double mastectomy in December, 2007. Reconstruction not possible due to skin damage from radiation.
    I'm currently clean and am a 12yr survivor. Praise God and may He bless you all.
  • texaslonghorn42
    texaslonghorn42 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I had DCIS breast cancer.... had a lumpectomy and then 33 sessions of radiation. I have been No Evidence of Disease now for about 2 1/2 years. :)
  • EWAJH
    EWAJH Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    BREAST CANCER
  • jennontheroad
    jennontheroad Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hodgkins Lymphoma - I am almost 2 years out of treatment.
  • AbdicoVeritas
    Options
    Non-Hodgin Lymphoma. Diagnosed last December at age 22, 23 now.
    Tumor in right armpit, hotspots behind my left pec and in my galbladder. Scan after 4th round of treatment was completely clean!
    Currently still in treatment. Round 7 of 8 next friday and radiotherapy after but it looks like I'll beat it.
    Managed to gain about 7kg of muscle mass since starting my treatment and exercise is a great way to battle the fatigue!
    Anyone feel free to add me as a friend and good luck in your fights :)
  • LinaS1976
    LinaS1976 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Non hodgkins lyympphma, Grade 1 stage 4 diagnosed june 2004-primary site right groin - treated mabthera
    remission for one year. relapse in neck october 2005 -treated mabthera then rcop (x6 cycles)
    remission for 4.5 years in which i naturally conceived and had twins
    relapse jan 2011 this time lymphoma in breast, R-Chop and radiation (x6 cycles chemo and daily radio for 3 weeks)
    will be 2 years next month remission
    that was third and final time.
    determined to get fit and strong and keep the cancer away for good
  • redhearted
    redhearted Posts: 11
    Options
    Ovarian, carcinosarcoma, which means it is aggressive and can come back in bone, blood or tissue. I year cancer free post treatment that was physically pretty debilitating. Happy to be alive.
  • barbiecart
    barbiecart Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I had fallopian tube cancer apparently quite rare! 18mths post chemo & doing great. Ran the manchester 10K run yesterday so well done me!!
  • barbiecart
    barbiecart Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    well done you!
  • daltem
    daltem Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Stage IV colon cancer. Went to the liver. Had colon and liver resections in August followed by 6months of chemo. Pronounced NED in April!!!!! Next pet scan will be in October :smile:
  • ravenbard
    ravenbard Posts: 51
    Options
    Uterine cancer (clear cell very agressive) about 5 yrs ago. A year ago had surgery on ankle for squamous cell carcinoma. This year cancer dr. told me it was cancer number 3 on my upper lip but biopsy proved otherwise so lucked out on that one.
  • MomsTaxi23
    MomsTaxi23 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I had ovary cancer at age 11, I had stage 3 breast cancer in 2008 and tongue cancer in 2012. Still getting strength back but eating well and exercising will help.
  • lose3stone
    lose3stone Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Stage 3 melanoma. Groin dissection scheduled next Monday.......keeping everything crossed for good results:)
  • daltem
    daltem Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Stage 3 melanoma. Groin dissection scheduled next Monday.......keeping everything crossed for good results:)

Praying for great success and a speedy recovery!
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options

Hope and prayers for clear margins.
  • smallest_footprints
    Options
    Thyroid
  • irelusa
    irelusa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Stage 3B colon cancer 2009 age 34 :(
  • RandiAndersen
    Options
    Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma Dec. 2011. I just had my port out two months ago, after two years of treatment.
  • kittysoft
    Options
    Skin cancer in 2000. Then Hairy Cell Leukemia (pretty rare) in 2009. Last chemo in 2010, waiting for lab results to find out if I have to start chemo again.