The Black Team Loft !

Replies

• pjgreen0830
    pjgreen0830 Posts: 302 Member
    Doctor put me out again. I actually got worse this week. I'm out of the gym until further notice, but I got the squats done. I have drank enough water all week.
  • chljlleal
    chljlleal Posts: 230 Member
    Yay squats are done! and I'm averaging 2 litres of water/herbal tea a day.

My 7 yr old now wants to complicate my squats by getting me to do them with her on my back, not sure I'll be able to do 50 in one go tho.

Hope you all have a good weekend :drinker:
  • :D Hello Black Team!!
  • kendallsauntie
    kendallsauntie Posts: 101 Member
    Hi everyone! I'm in a bit of a funk right now but I do believe that I am no longer the only one in the family trying to get healthy so that helps out a lot. Just fit my mom and dad up with pedometers!

Ready for this challenge to begin! I promise to be more on top of reminders from now on ;)

Jamie
  • Jayni40
    Jayni40 Posts: 123 Member
    Hey Black Team !!
    Been working on the 0 week challenges this is what I got so far:
    Mon 1hr Cardio
    Tues 1hr Strength training +100 Squats and 1/2 hr cardio
    Wed tried something new I did a Group Active Class( 1 hr cardio )which included a ton of squats I lost count after 50
    I plan on going to the track today weather permitting and I may be submitting a recipe for a food challenge tonight will keep you posted
    @ pjgreen totally steeling your squat ticker idea its cute!! ___Niki

exercise.png

Thursday Went to the track did 3 miles 1 hr cardio +50 squats
    Friday was a rest day
    Saturday strength training + 100 squats 1/2 hour cardio C25K W3D1 on treadmill
  • marcelka77
    marcelka77 Posts: 476 Member
    Hi Lovelies

I am so pleased with your efforts I hope you will like this week's challenges .

This is our first official week !!!! It is supposed to be still an introduction, so have fun and get healthy!

There is lbs reward for each part of this challenge

Exercise max 7 lbs

1. 4 days out of 7 of 30-45 min cardio or strength exercise sessions to be spread out during the week as it suits you best!

sessions of jogging, fast walking, cross-trainer or treadmill,Zumba, Aerobics, Dance, DVD , Gym etc.
    (moderate cleaning doesn't count ;) !!! )

1 lbs advantage for everyone who succeed to do 4 sessions!!!

2. Try something new or something you didn't do for a while - independent exercise of your choice for 30 min session at least!!! : mine for example will be trying to go to work on bike. - I would not mind to go home from work but to get there is 90% uphill!!!

If you lack inspiration, you can try swimming, clubbing (DANCING!!!), another class at your local gym, or that new DVD , take tennis rackets and go play tennis with kids in park ... or football ... I found out trampoline extremely hard :-)

1 lbs advantage for everyone who succeed

3. Best Butt Exercises For Women: Squats

Squats are one of the best butt exercises you can do to build a nice round booty and sexy legs. Make sure you keep your abs tight, back straight, weight on heels, and sit your butt back.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSYv5lQo4yM
    can you make at least 350 a week ? E.G. 50 +60+70 +day rest +50 +60 +70
    1 lbs advantage for everyone who succeed 2 lbs for most squads

4. Don't forget to take a day rest! Your body needs it.

5. For the WEEK ONE FOOD challenge, I thought we might still keep it BASICS! Let's take this week to focus on fish and cooking fish - let other inspire you with their recipe ! I know that this is not popular choice but girls (as far as I know we don't have a man in our challenge) come on it is good for us - and for mums especially we need to introduce fish into our kids diet - and I am not talking about fish fingers ;) .... girls all fish counts and vegetarians try Sea Vegetables. Try to eat fish 2x a week. (1 lbs advantage if you manage to eat 2 portions of fish)

Keep drinking water - even if it is not our topic!!! I hope you picked up some good tips.

cooking challenge
    Also, I will be doing Cooking Challenge for week 0. It will run from today april 21th - april 28th . I need the pictures and recipe of 1 dish you were cooking this week for yourself . I will be judging on healthiness, calorie amount and presentation . It can be idea for lunch (pack lunch) , dinner , breakfast or even Snack!!!

You must send picture + recipe here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/965956-place-to-share-fish-recipes-1st-week-cooking-challenge The requirement this week is you must have fish in this meal.

Best recipe will get 2 lbs advantage for week 2 weigh in and everyone who post recipe will get 1lbs

To sum it
    4/7 sessions of exercise 1lbs advantage
    1 session of something new - let us know what - 1lbs advantage
    350 squats - 1 lbs for the everyone who manage to do 350 squats an extra 1 lbs for 1 person with most squats
    2 dishes with fish - 1 lbs advantage
    recipe - 1 lbs for everyone who post recipe extra 1 lbs for best recipe
  • kendallsauntie
    It's on like Donkey Kong ladies! Now I'm off to walk Laci, she's getting pissy with me that we haven't left yet.
  • chljlleal
    Happy Monday everyone,

I've been a bit awol but am back with a vengeance now! Today is a bit of a busy one for me, I have to do both school runs (which will put my fitbit close to the 10000 steps mark) plus off to the gym/pool with some friends (this is more of a social than serious fitness, but everybit helps)

I have also discovered that doing squats and lunges around my dog sends her a bit loopy so may have to lock her in another room when I decide to do the rest of todays quota.

Hope you all have a good week
    Jen xx
  • kendallsauntie
    Got in my first cardio session this morning. A 54 minute walk with my dog. How's everyone's Monday going so far!?
  • I've done squats for the first time today! I managed 20..... only another 330 to go! oh my goodness me!

Am I guess Laci is your dog?
  • katonaroof
    katonaroof Posts: 181 Member
    hoping to get into the swing of this. my exercise class starts back up today so that's good. and i made a note of the challenges for the week on my 'notepad' so hopefully, i won't forget to do them this week. & hopefully my stress level will be less this week so that i eat better. if i'm not on your friend list, please add me. thanks. katie
  • pjgreen0830
    I rode the stationary bike this morning for 30 mins. Came home and am going to lie down. Don't feel well today. I have managed about 50 ounces of water so far.
  • Hope you feel better soon pjgreen! x
  • Do you guys n gals fill in your food diary at the end of the day or the beginning?

Just wondering :)

x
  • pjgreen0830
    Do you guys n gals fill in your food diary at the end of the day or the beginning?

x

I do it as soon as I eat it so I don't forget.
  • squishypop
    squishypop Posts: 33 Member
    Do you guys n gals fill in your food diary at the end of the day or the beginning?

x

I do it throughout the day so I can track how much calories I have left and plan what to eat.
  • chljlleal

x

I try to plan my main meals in advance and then add/tweak it depending on what activities I am doing that day
  • kendallsauntie
    I've done squats for the first time today! I managed 20..... only another 330 to go! oh my goodness me!

Am I guess Laci is your dog?

Yup, Laci's my fur baby. Congrats on those squats! Keep going!
  • kendallsauntie
    Another 33 minute cardio session with the furry child in the books. It's sad that I'm more in shape than she is. :(
  • Has the black team had a good Tuesday?

I've done an hour of gardening and a lot of sorting out in the spare room!

Love burning calories and getting things done! :)