NROLFW Stage 1 Results

Options
xMonroeMisfit
xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
So here it is, the long awaited results of stage 1 of New Rules of Lifting for Women.

I am beyond exhausted of it. I was so ready for a change and am so excited(as killer as stage 2 has started already--) I didn't do the bonus workout at the end with the AMRAP because I left my spreadsheet of what I started with at work and ended up starting stage 2 anyway.. but anyway...

now *Drumroll* here it goes:

Lifting Stats: Started 2/20/13 Ended: 4/19/13

Deadlift: 10 lbs → 65 lbs

Shoulder Press: 12 lbs → 17.5 lbs

Lateral Pulldown: 40 lbs →60 lbs

Leg Press*used as sub for something*: 55 lbs →75 lbs

Squats: 10 lbs → 65 lbs

Push ups: went from Knees to toes

One pt DB row *Subbed*: 15 lbs →20 lbs

Calf Raises *subbed*: 15 bs → 25 lbs

Plank: went from 15 secs to 30 secs

Okay now on to the measurements:

Weight: 167 → 173.3 (+6.3 lbs)

Neck: 14" → 13.75(-0.25")

Chest: 41" → 42.25" (+1.25")

Hips: 46.5" → 45.0 (-1.5")

Belly Button: 43.25" →42" (-1.25")

Under Bust: 37" →38" (+1.0")

Thigh: 22.5" → 22.75" (+0.25")

Arm: 13.2 → 12.75 (-0.45")

Waist: 39.0" → 38.0" (-1.0")

Body Fat: 55.4% Fat2Fit → 49.0% Fat2Fit (-6.4%)
So in the end I've lost: 4.45" total and shaved off 6.4% BF (this is a bit off because I apparently was measuring the wrong place for waist.

Fat: 92.5lbs → 84.77 lbs
LBM: 74.5lbs→ 88.23 lbs

Thoughts? Comments?

Replies

• xMonroeMisfit
    Options
    BUMP
  • lobo_a_gogo
    lobo_a_gogo Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Good job! I'm not done with stage one yet (still have Workout B 10 rep set x 2, Workout A 10 rep set x 2 and both 8 rep sets x 2) but I was so psyched about what has happened to my body already I posted some results from one month of progress (see thread not even done with stage 1...)

If you don't mind my asking, why did you substitute? I know in the book he is anti-leg press and some other stuff you may have done.

Did you follow the diet too? I haven't been because I'm a vegetarian, but I've been managing my macros and trying to have 35% protein.

Keep up the good work!
  • AnnaMolly17
    AnnaMolly17 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Great results! Keep up the good work!
  • xMonroeMisfit
    Options
    Good job! I'm not done with stage one yet (still have Workout B 10 rep set x 2, Workout A 10 rep set x 2 and both 8 rep sets x 2) but I was so psyched about what has happened to my body already I posted some results from one month of progress (see thread not even done with stage 1...)

If you don't mind my asking, why did you substitute? I know in the book he is anti-leg press and some other stuff you may have done.

Did you follow the diet too? I haven't been because I'm a vegetarian, but I've been managing my macros and trying to have 35% protein.

Keep up the good work!

I followed the Scooby calculations for what I should eat and really just played around with numbers to find what worked for my body. I ate at Maintenance and continued the program. As far as the macros go, I have been trying to focus on one Macro a week to get used to hitting them and seeing how my body responds.

I subbed some exercises because I switched gyms and I was a bit thrown off with the new lay out and scared of all the big brawly guys (I had moved from an all girl gym) now that I know where everything is and feel more comfortable, no more subbing for me!
  • lobo_a_gogo
    lobo_a_gogo Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Haha the big brawny guys can be helpful! Today one randomly helped me with my form on deadlifts (I wasn't sticking out my booty enough), and noticed that I'm deadlifting the highest amount he's ever done (145!) I felt like a total badass :)
  • xMonroeMisfit
    Options
    Haha the big brawny guys can be helpful! Today one randomly helped me with my form on deadlifts (I wasn't sticking out my booty enough), and noticed that I'm deadlifting the highest amount he's ever done (145!) I felt like a total badass :)

they can be helpful, theres some though that think cause youre a woman youre a total idiot. I had a trainer show me how to do some exercises and theres this guy walking around making it his business to tell me what to do.