Grocery Shopping tomorrow!!

Options
shaywallis
shaywallis Posts: 165 Member
And I need your favorite breakfast and dinner recipes. Wouldnt mind a few lunch ideas as well. Need most things to be kid friendly. Ready.. aaanndd GO!

Replies

• Dakota106
    Dakota106 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Good evening all! Lately I've been addicted to ground lamb,so for breakfast I cook up the lamb with some mushrooms, onion and fresh spinach then scramble a few eggs and pour over the meat and veggis and cook till egg is done! Yummy.The original recipe calls for ground beef if you don't like lamb!! For quick lunches I make a chicken veggie soup over night in the crockpot. Then I have lunch for the week! Diane
  • jenfitz
    jenfitz Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I found some yummy chicken sausages at whole foods that cook in the microwave in 1 minute- here's my recipe: wrap in paper towel and stuff in face as you push children out the door to school!
  • rusty1257
    rusty1257 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    A big batch of ground beef cooked up with some onion and garlic can be dressed up as either Italian or Mexican pretty easily.

Chicken breast cooked up with salt and pepper also has many uses.

Pulled pork is yummy too. I made a spicy one in the crockpot with a pork tenderloin because that was what I had.

For veggies, roasted broccoli or carrots or asparagus are yummy.

Sweet potatoes are my friend. I can do them in the microwave pretty quick (don't forget to puncture them first) or slice thin toss in melted coconut oil and throw on a foil lined sheet with sides add spices (I like chili powder, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, etc) and bake.
  • shaywallis
    shaywallis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    All of that sounds super yummy! Funny you mentioned pulled pork. Hubby and I finished off 8lbs of it in 4 days lol!! I think im going to throw some chicken in the crockpot today. Off to cf and then headed to trader Joe's with two small kids. This should be fun times :-P
  • sallydurkin
    sallydurkin Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    paleo omg (great recipies but not as family friendly) and paleo cupboard(she has kids so a little more family friendly) these are my 2 favorite sites for paleo cooking there are so many good ones they are just my go to ones right now.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Favorite breakfast, http://everydaypaleo.com/sausage-egg-and-sweet-potato-breakfast-skillet/ We love it and it makes good leftovers too!!
  • Dakota106
    Dakota106 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Good morning All! Lot's of yummy stuff! If anyone has a Stew Leonards Nearby they make there own spicy chicken sausage that is awesome!! It's a beautiful day here in New England ,hope it's great where you are!! Have a great day all! Diane