The Color Run comes to the UK!

Options
kiekie
kiekie Posts: 289 Member
The Color Run - "The happiest 5k on the planet" has announced two UK dates: Wembley on July 14 and Manchester on July 21.

Is anyone planning on running this?

I really want to start running and this looks like so much fun, it may convince me to start C25k asap!

Check it out!

https://www.facebook.com/TheColorRunUk?ref=stream

Replies

• kijoneko
    kijoneko Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    No Scottish one? :( It looks great fun, but Manchester is just too long a drive. Maybe if they get a good turn out there will be more UK dates next year.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    It's coming to England-not the UK. Sorry for the rant but as an English person now living in Scotland, this sort of thing drives me mad. Why aren't they doing it in Edinburgh or Glasgow too?
  • Rey278
    Rey278 Posts: 41
    Options
    This sounds like awesome fun! but sadly i am in Aberdeen :( so too far away for me aswell.
    I only took up running about three months ago, i absolutely love it, but i don't think i am anywhere near ready to start taking part in proper events yet! I would love to have taken part in tough mudder aswell. :)
  • PurpleTina
    PurpleTina Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    It's coming to England-not the UK. Sorry for the rant but as an English person now living in Scotland, this sort of thing drives me mad. Why aren't they doing it in Edinburgh or Glasgow too?

ditto Cardiff/Swansea/anywhere in Wales!
  • shanster23
    shanster23 Posts: 144 Member
    Options

This! It makes me so mad when organisations advertise things as "coming to the UK" or when bands announce that they'll be including the UK in their tour, when what they actually mean is that they're coming to/touring in England. Not Scotland, Not Wales, not Ireland, just England. /end rant

Hopefully if it's a success they'll decide to include more areas next year :) the colour run looks so much fun! I'd love to be able to take part!
  • Ejwelton
    Ejwelton Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    We're London based but will be on holiday on the 14th July - otherwise it looks like great fun
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Steady on!

It's a common misconception by those outside the UK, that the UK is England, and to some, just London! Yes the UK is made up of not only England, but Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. So fair rant, but why not use that and complain to the company organising the event?
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Only if they put a "U" in "Color" :wink:
  • squindles
    squindles Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Only if they put a "U" in "Color" :wink:

Lol you beat me to it :wink:
    And I totally agree, UK isn't just England :grumble:
  • jaz050465
    Options

ditto Cardiff/Swansea/anywhere in Wales!

Sorry- forgot you too.
  • jaz050465
    Options
    Steady on!

It's a common misconception by those outside the UK, that the UK is England, and to some, just London! Yes the UK is made up of not only England, but Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. So fair rant, but why not use that and complain to the company organising the event?

As a previous Londoner- I confess that I too believed that London was the centre of the universe. I used to think that if you travelled to Alton Towers, you'd drop off the end of the earth. It's only now, living in Scotland that i realise how annoying this sort of thing is. Mind you, as I walk my dogs through my quaint fishing village, admiring the sea- I wouldn't go back to London for a million pounds!!
  • smiffy645
    smiffy645 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Steady on!

As a previous Londoner- I confess that I too believed that London was the centre of the universe. I used to thing that if you travelled to Alton Towers, you'd drop off the end of the earth. It's only now, living in Scotland that i realise how annoying this sort of thing is. Mind you, as I walk my dogs through my quaint fishing village, admiring the sea- I wouldn't go back to London for a million pounds!!

With property prices as they are a million wouldn't buy you anywhere anyway!
  • jaz050465
    Options
    Steady on!

As a previous Londoner- I confess that I too believed that London was the centre of the universe. I used to thing that if you travelled to Alton Towers, you'd drop off the end of the earth. It's only now, living in Scotland that i realise how annoying this sort of thing is. Mind you, as I walk my dogs through my quaint fishing village, admiring the sea- I wouldn't go back to London for a million pounds!!

Too right!!!!!
  • ashleyreid127
    ashleyreid127 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ah looks like so much fun :)
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options

I lived in London for a good 10 years and while me and my sis got lucky when it came to buying house (right time right price) neither of us would go back. The cost of living and the pace of life is too much. We did do well when we sold up :bigsmile:
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options

As a previous Londoner- I confess that I too believed that London was the centre of the universe.

I still do :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • JackieA47
    JackieA47 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a colour run in Bristol next month, 19th May to be precise. Can't wait, looks like so much fun!!
  • xampx
    xampx Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear this! i wont be taking part this year as I havent taken up running yet, but hopefully they will increase them next year and maybe we will get one in Birmingham :)
  • kiekie
    Options
    Calm down, calm down - more dates and cities to be announced soon!
  • kiekie
    Options
    I'm doing a colour run in Bristol next month, 19th May to be precise. Can't wait, looks like so much fun!!

Ha ha, I'm in Gloucestershire and that would be so much more convenient if I'd heard about it before now - won't be up to speed in time for that one.