Why are you proud of yourself this week?

Options
When we have those moments, big or small, where we resist, limit, or even pause during a binge, we should celebrate the, and feel proud.

This week, I am proud of myself for;

- not besting myself up when I go over my calorie target by a few hundred calories, which would normally lead to an "it's all ruined binge"
- not starving myself the day after overeating (which again, eventually leAds to a binge"
- once this week, almost binging, then realising I was actually tired, not hungry, and putting myself robed instead.
- having the cleanest teeth in the world because I've used mouth wash so many times to suppress the binge urge :wink:

What are you proud of this week?

Replies

• SilverLotusGirl
    SilverLotusGirl Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    This week I've not done a whole lot but I'm quite chuffed with myself for:
    Realizing that I need to keep it under control on my free days
    Not getting on the scale because frequent weighings make me go nutty
    For exercising even on free day
  • kaihunter45
    kaihunter45 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of myself for not giving up or giving in when my emotions/hormones started to get the best of me. I'm still under my calorie goal every day since I started here and 17 days binge free. Though last night was really close!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I would rather my sense of pride come from things outside of my eating behaviour.
    Thus I am proud I got myself back on my bike and cycled 2 hours after a 6 month break.
    I am also proud I will be performing Verdi's Requiem in my choir in a large cathedral on Saturday.
  • escapepod
    escapepod Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of myself for skipping the doughnuts in the break room last week, and for getting through an entire week binge-free (now on day 10!).
  • amy_kee
    amy_kee Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I'm very proud b/c I caught myself having one thing, then 2 of another thing, then, I was heading back for lots more of multiple things in the kitchen. I was heading for a binge--- and this was the 1st time ever that I was able to catch myself and turn myself around and not just continue on eating and eating. I STOPPED it right then and there. I ended up,..not long after that, on my computer and somehow forgot all about eating and the urges. Later I realized what had happened and I was SO SHOCKED! If I did it that day, I know that I can repeat that behavior again. It IS POSSIBLE.
    Amy
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Great thread!

I gained weight last weekend when I was out of town. It was pretty disconcerting to see a 4 lb wt gain, especially when it took 4 long, hard weeks to drop those 4 lbs in the first place. All the awesome people here said it was sodium gain, but still, it was sad.

I'm proud of myself this week because I didn't just keep on eating crap - I watched my portions, logged everything, only binged once (even tho I feel very, very hungry this week), and continued to exercise a little. Today, I've lost those 4 lbs!!!
  • amy_kee
    amy_kee Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    You all have some great things to be proud of.!!! Some of you are doing really great dealing with NOT binging and I wanted to congratulate you on that. :flowerforyou:

I've been coming here and browsing, but, not commenting much at all. Today, I just loved this wonderful, positive thread and couldn't resist getting on board with you all on it. There is so much to be thankful for, if we just notice things. Chocoholic, thanks for starting this thread!! I love where you and your mind is headed. It's so great to hear about other's successes and to think positively! :bigsmile:
    Amy
  • Chocoholic55555
    Chocoholic55555 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Well done everyone!

:smile:
    98777 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of myself because I finally realized that losing weight through eating right is not just a temporary restriction, it is genuinely a lifestyle change. Despite that this sounds so cliche, it is an incredibly true and empowering thing to realize. After realizing this, my anxiety about eating is nearly all gone.

I know I can have anything I want in moderation. I don't need to eat everything tasty in sight. I have my tomorrow, the next day, and the rest of my life to moderate all the different things I might want. Plus, knowing I can be normal and moderate makes it so easy to do right and stay on track; I no longer view it as a daily struggle, but as the natural way that I eat.

Now I know that all I have to do is live my life and the weight will start coming off. It's just an endurance battle now, and one that I am very willing and able to fight in order to be healthier, happier, better-looking and in control of my life, health, etc....
  • Dawn4511
    Dawn4511 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I tracked everyday :-)