Introduction :)

Options

Replies

• sandy_gee
    sandy_gee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Woop! Was searching the forums for any challenges for the month of May, and got led to this group here! I love all the challenges posted on the forums, competition keeps me motivated!
    I have a whole lot to lose (as you can see by my ticker!) and this seems like an awesome idea! I usually burn 5-700 calories a day with my exercise, which makes for an average of about 18500 calories for the 31 days of May.
    Sooooooooo I figure I might aim for 25k burned in May!

I'm overly addicted to this site, and am already swearing by it as the thing which is going to keep me going throughout this mission I'm on.
    Anyone can send me a friend invite! I love the support system on here :D
  • ashleyeliz25
    ashleyeliz25 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    It is so awesome to have you all join us! We have a wonderful group and I could not be more excited! 5 days left til May!
  • shesfatagainbutnot4long
    Options
    My name is Kristine and I have been on this site since February of this year. I am 40 years old and a newlywed. The reason I want to lose weight is that I would like to get healthy enough to have a child in the next couple of years. (I'm not getting any younger!) I think I would like to try to burn 900 calories a day for the entire month... for a total of 27, 900 calories!! I WILL do it!!
  • Heevenlee83
    Options
    Hi all

My name is Amanda just turned 30 and I am trying to lose bout 20 pounds,I have several health problems that make my weight loss a very slow one, anyone can add me if they wish to need more friends lol hugs to all I am so ready for this
  • move2health
    move2health Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I think I have come up with a goal of about 8600-9600 kcal burned for the month of May. My week typically consist of 2-3 days of strength training, 3 days of running, 3-4 days of higher intensity CrossFit work, and 1 day of Yoga. I typically seperate my endurance work (running) from my strength and higher intensity work. This challenge will be good motivation for me to stick with my workouts and not skip any.
  • casmithis
    casmithis Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hi There

My name is Cindy. I am about to turn 50 and read an article on how woman over 50 tend to gain 5 pounds per year without any physical activity in their life. The pounds have been creeping on lately so I wanted to do something to avoid being part of this statistic. I also happen to have 2 vacations in the next 2 months that involve skimpy clothing. I'm trying to get beach body (or cover up) ready with this challenge. i just hope I can get in some good workouts while away. I don't suppose beer drinking contest poolside counts as an activity??!!

Let the games begin.

Cindy
  • jacie87
    jacie87 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hello all! My name is Jacie; I am a 26 year old from Texas. I have really enjoyed getting back into running/racing in the past few years and have really taken to strength training in the past few months.

My schedule stays pretty hectic, so I'm hoping for 3500/week or 14k for the month.

Feel free to add me as a friend on MFP; I can use all the accountability that I can get! :)
  • Vercidlo
    Vercidlo Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi all! My name is Veronika and I´m about to turn 21. I live in the Czech Republic and I study at Faculty of Education, specilization in English and Humanities. I love running and strength exercises. My goal is 19,000 burned calories.
  • skinnylynnie74
    skinnylynnie74 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Lynn and my best friend, Mercy, (see above), invited me to join this group. I have been strength training every other day, but keeping to minimal low-impact cardio, on the advice of my cousin/personal trainer. I am hoping that this group will hold me accountable to exercise a little each day so that I can build a habit. There is no way I will burn 16,000 calories in one month, but if I burn 150/day, I will be happy with myself. Good luck everyone!
  • mgoblue64
    mgoblue64 Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi all. My name is Todd and I'm looking forward to being part of this group. I joined MFP 5 weeks ago today and so far I'm doing pretty good. I had back surgery in December, so up until now I've been just dieting with a little bit of exercise thrown in. The May Challenge is perfect timing for me and hopefully motivates me to get back to the gym for the exercise part of my journey back to health.

I live in South Carolina and I'm kept busy working upwards of 60 hours per week. I really only have one hobby now which is cooking. I love to experiment and now that I've changed my eating habits to a more healthful group of foods, it's been fun to see what I can come up with. Dieting isn't that hard if you take the time to find good quality foods, the right spices, and keep changing things around to keep it interesting. Happy to share a few ideas for anyone looking for something different.

Good luck to everyone next month. I'm looking forward to reading everyone's success stories and hopefully posting my own. Friend me if you're looking for a new friend willing to provide you with a little motivation along the way.
  • pghsmiles
    pghsmiles Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I am Jen 37 years old and my challenge is to burn 16,000 calories this month. I work long days so this will be a real challenge. Usually when I get home from work I head straight to bed so I am going to have to start waking up ealier and tring to sneak a walk break throughout the day. Hopefully joining this challenge will motivate me and kick start my weight loss. I would like to not look scary when I wear my swimsuit this summer.
    92109 Posts: 209
    Options
    Goal for Calorie Burn in May 2013 is * 25,000 *
  • mightdomightnot
    mightdomightnot Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hi....I'm Kat from the UK and I love the sound of this group.

I'm in 2 other groups..one that focuses on distance and one that focuses on weight loss so this group will go well with those and will hopefully inspire me to work hard to burn off all the calories that I can't stop eating!!

I have a lot of weight to lose and at the rate I am losing it I will be on MFP until I am 124 years old unless I do better!

I have a knee injury too which sometimes means I have to rest but if it can take it I'm aiming for 16000 for the month.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you are an active and supportive friend and I will do my best to do the same.

Looking forward to this.

Kat :drinker:

Hi guys

after getting my FT4 and realising I'm not burning as many cals as I thought...I'm reducing my cal goal for May to 10,000

looking fwd to this challenge :)
  • ddmonroe
    ddmonroe Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm starting fresh today. I'm done messing around!
  • lorihov
    lorihov Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    I just joined, want to be more accountable for my workouts.I'm 47and want to a better example for my kids and granddaughter. Want to be able to keep up with my granddaughter(3) and nephew (2). Not sure what my goals are, have to start somewhere. Just get moving. Hoping to get inspired a bit from this group.
  • cjowell
    cjowell Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Christi! I am 28 years old and teach 7th grade math. I was searching for a challenge for this month, I always exceed my expectations when I join challenges, so I am super excited!
    My goal is 13,000 for this month, which I know for me will be a huge challenge but I know that I can do it.
  • NOLA19
    NOLA19 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Excited about the challenge! I think this is a great idea
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Oops I was sure I had introduced myself, oh well here it is. My name is Emilie I'm from Ontario Canada. Married and a SAHM of 5 year old son and 4 year old daughter. After having my kids I kinda forgot to take time for myself like many mothers do. I packed on the pounds and now I need to lose about 80 pounds. The more I exercise the more I crave it. I want to try it all, mud runs, color runs, hiking, and so on. My goal is to burn 14 000 calories. So excited to begin.
  • Alotalove4u
    Alotalove4u Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hello All,
    My name is April - AKA alotalove4u,
    Well I am excited about joining this group, I was looking for a challenge that will motivate me and where I have to check in to be held accountable. And since I am the queen of "I'LL START MONDAY", This just seems perfect to me.. Lets all get ready and make this month really count.. My calorie goal for the month is ( DA DA DA drum - roll please) ..... 10.000 calories burned!!!!
    Thanks God Bless!!
  • juliasnewlife
    juliasnewlife Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My name is Julia and I am just looking to be accountable to someone for my workouts.