Introductions

Options
1235»

Replies

• eappel61
    eappel61 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am joining in for the first time - my name is Elizabeth from CT - am 51 and 2 years ago lost 30 lbs on very low calorie ketosis diet and when stress and inactivity and regular eating I was back to the same place. But, I did hit my weight loss goal by my 50th bday. Now I am trying to be smarter and adding exercise (hard to manage on ketosis diet) and using what I learned 2 years ago now. First week I am down 2.5 lbs. Had my second session with a trainer!
  • MelodyBronson
    MelodyBronson Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Good for you eappel61! Wish we could see more activity on this thread! it's hard to keep "fit after 50"!
  • MRSpivey
    MRSpivey Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I'm Mark in Knoxville, TN. I'm 52 and my story is like this: I was in the best shape of my life in 2001 but went a little too extreme (6% body fat). I got remarried in 2004 and let life take away my time for bettering myself and "blipped out." I decided to initially start taking care of myself by changing my eating habits in November 2012 (tipping the scales at about 268) but really didn't get earnestly started until January 2013 with the MFP App. I started working out at Workout Anytime in February 2013, slowly increasing what I was doing and how much weight at each thing. So far I'm down to 235 but my goal is to be at 195 with 18% body fat.
  • fathomblue
    fathomblue Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    New to the group, turned 50 years old in December. I've been lifting heavy weight for a year now. My workout last an hour sometimes a little more. I came across another lady who said that she has worked out for 10 months and is 20 pounds away from her goal. This got me thinking, I'm working out a lot, I have gone from 3 to 4 days a week and this week because I have split my workout routine it will be 6 days working out. The scale keeps doing this yoyo thing, up 3 pounds, down 3 pounds, up 6 pounds and down 6 pounds. I'm losing inches but the scale is still at 240 pounds. I asked that lady what she did and she said she was tracking her eating. It occured to me that I've been eating clean with small portions but not really tracking the calories or protein. Another group suggested I track macros, so reopened the MFP to track everything. I already see what the problem is, I'm not eating enough. I'm going to track for a week and see what happens. I'm flat bench pressing 70 pounds, my goal this year is to press 100 pounds and transform my body to an Amazon! Thanks for making this group! It is nice to be with other 50 year olds.