Embarrasing...Long Runs upset my belly!

Options
2»

Replies

• sirabe
    sirabe Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    These are really good suggestions! I will have to put them in my back pocket for when I get to running longer distances
  • Rhunt24
    Rhunt24 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I take pepto before (caplets bc I can't stomach the liquid) I also put several in a baggie and pin it to my waist band so that if I get a code brown, as a previous poster said lol, then I can pop 2 and that usually makes it go away! Also- I think I was always a bit dehydrated on the long runs and have tried bringing gatorade with me to drink after 1.5 hours...the last few long runs I didnt even need pepto. But I always have them just in case!
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Two things give me stomach upset during long runs, eating before I go and dehydration.

To take care of the eating thing, I make myself a green smoothie before I go out for a 10-
    13 mile run. I built coffee into it so I don't have to have two drinks. (Coffee helps my lung issues.) I also carry water in a hydration pack and drink at will. If you don't already carry water, I'd try it out, because it's possibly a really simple solution.