Introduction

Options
Hi
I am brand new to site.
Age 46, married and mom of three.
I am 5'9" and 145 lbs, looking to get back down to 135. I have weighed much less than that but find 135 to be balance between feeling good (weighing enough) and being comfortable with size (not weighing too much).
I have very slowly gained ten pounds the last 10 years. I work out a ton but also eat a ton (mostly healthy foods but a calorie is a calorie).
I have tried weight watches and felt shunned since according to them, I was in healthy range (tho they still took my money). I felt discouraged and quit after a few weeks. I have tried apps to track food to lose eeight on my own but get frustrated and eventually give up.
I think what is missing is a group of similar people that can offer each other support.
So, I am hear to learn from you and support you.
If anyone is in the same boat, I'd love to hear from you.
Thanks for reading.

Replies

• sundaybeachday
    Options
    Hi there - I sent you a friend request. I also have about 10 lbs to lose and I have the same problem
    I look OK to most people, but my clothes are a different story. Working out is no problem, but then I eat, eat, eat!
    About a year ago I was successful losing the weight I needed to by using this site, but then I stopped and you can guess what happened!

Here to help!

Tanya
  • odillehay
    odillehay Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am in a similar boat, but I'm not sure it's the exact same one you're in. :) I am 5'9" 146 lbs and trying to get to 130 or 135. I find it hard to talk to friends about my goals and my success, because according to them, I don't need to lose any weight. So, I totally get your frustration. I sent you a friend request. Maybe we can encourage each other.
  • LovesTheSeasons
    LovesTheSeasons Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Sounds like we have something in common. I look forward to helping you both meet your goal . I also get.no support from others in my life at home/work. I think I must have higher expectations for myself than others, that's all.
  • kels1152
    kels1152 Posts: 74
    Options
    Hi
    It sounds like we all have something in common.
    I'm 22, 5'7 and i weigh around 143. My goal is to get down to 135.
    I'm comfortable with what I look like but would love to tone up my stomach more and I know that's nutrition which is my hardest part. I've been doing well with it lately but I have my bad days mixed in with my good days.
    I LOVE working out and some would say too much, haha. But..it's a huge part of my life and am glad that I'm at least addicted to something healthy :)
    I would love to be a support system for all of you guys and maybe we can help one another out :)
  • feliciaradams
    feliciaradams Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello, im 5'2 currently at 152 already have lost 45 from my beginning process and my goal right now is to go down to 141 which is a good goal from what i was at 199. The last few weeks feels like this weight is taking forever to get rid of but eventually it will go. Hope everyone is doing well!!