The Orange Team Loft !

Options

Replies

• dreamingofhealthy
    dreamingofhealthy Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hello all you wonderful Oranges! Its a goerogus spring day in CO adn i am eady to get out and ride my bike or rake the yard or just anything to be outside! I need me som VID. D :flowerforyou:
    Only have 100 squats left so I think I will just knock them out today!!!

I have a freind over that hasnt been over for a few weeks and she was like " damn girl your getting skinny" I can NEVER hear that too many times!!! Very motivating.

Good luck this weekend everyone! I'm not likey to long much to the message boards on the weekends but will be tracking my intake!! :drinker: :heart: :smokin: :glasses: :flowerforyou: :love:
  • dreamingofhealthy
    Options
    Hello all you wonderful Oranges! Its a goerogus spring day in CO and i am ready to get out and ride my bike or rake the yard or just anything to be outside! I need me some VID. D :flowerforyou:

I have a freind over that hasnt been over for a few weeks and she was like " damn girl your getting skinny" I can NEVER hear that too many times!!! Very motivating.

Good luck this weekend everyone! I'm not likey to long much to the message boards on the weekends but will be tracking my intake!! :drinker: :heart: :smokin: :glasses: :flowerforyou: :love:
  • marcelka77
    marcelka77 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    So did you use your bike yesterday ?

I find cycling so hard .... We have lots of hils around .... O my gosh my legs are sore after using it 2 days in row ... I don't get it - I used to cycle a lot and I grown up in mountains - so with my ex boyfriend I did cycle on highest mountain of Czech Republic
    - ok make it to sound less impressive it is 1602 meters so not that high at all - off course the last bit we walked but we did have to cycle from my home town trutnov .... In whole we done 37 km there and about 15 back we took train from pec pod snezkou this was about 19 years ago :( - so why do I find hard to cycle 6 km I asume I lossed all my lover body strength - and I know I will straggle on next week challenge big time ( abbs challenge )

Hi Orangies!
    Weather is gorgeous today in Colorado. Went for a bike ride, I was going to ride my bike to work. But, I couldn't find the pin to hold the bike rack on to the car. my daughter said "why didn't you just load the bike into the car?" DUH!! I did find the pin which was exactly where I put it 3 months ago so I would remember where it was LOL!
    Tomorrow is another day!!

Forgot the squats yesterday. I did buy some Halibut to try. And some Kale.

Have a great day!!
  • marcelka77
    Options
    Hello Oranges, I'm doing the squat challenge, so it was easy to remember to get those done, already done 315 for the week, so after today ill have 445 done so far this week( we are suppose to do 350 weekly and not daily right?) hope so:))) also I'm allergic to sea food, what can I substitute? I haven't posted my before pic yet, but will do so shortly. New thing I've been trying is lifting weights. I like it!!! Found that I could sweat as much as when I do cardio:)))

350 is per week of course - and well done for nearly completing
  • marcelka77
    Options
    I love this comments too ;) I am getting it now quite a bit from customers - asking me how did I do it and so on - I did lost 1 and 1/2 dress size since since 1/1 ... At beginning of year I had very thight size 16 (uk) some jeans size 18(uk) .... I had to order bit clothes on eBay in size 14 and women had some clothes from USA it was so nice to see I was 12 there ;) .... Size 14 is getting looser but I can't fit into size uk 12 yet .... I would like to reach 12 by summer and size 10 by Christmas

What was your special VID .D
    Hello all you wonderful Oranges! Its a goerogus spring day in CO and i am ready to get out and ride my bike or rake the yard or just anything to be outside! I need me some VID. D :flowerforyou:

• debk68
    debk68 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    HI Orangies!

I rode my bike to work (well 2.5 miles each way) Today it is so nice outside I am not sure what to do. I need to catch up on some squats !!

Marci- you will get there on your bike, just don't overdo it in the beginning.

Becky nice to hear that from other people!!

Good to hear from everyone!
  • marcelka77
    Options
    Hi lovelies,

Wow what a commitment from all of you !!! I am so pleased with your efforts I hope you will like this week's challenges .

This is our second week challenge !!!! Have fun and get healthy!

There is lbs reward for each part of this challenge

max 7 lbs

Exercise
    1. 4 days out of 7 of 30-45 min cardio or strength exercise sessions to be spread out during the week as it suits you best!

sessions of jogging, fast walking, cross-trainer or treadmill,Zumba, Aerobics, Dance, DVD , Gym etc.
    (moderate cleaning doesn't count ;) !!! )

1 lbs advantage for everyone who succeed to do at least 4 sessions!!!

2. Try something new or something you didn't do for a while - independent exercise of your choice for 30 min session at least!!! I know its getting harder to come up with something new :-)) ... so don't worry too much it can be anything interesting unusual - special you would like to share :-))

If you lack inspiration, you can try swimming, clubbing (DANCING!!!), another class at your local gym, or that new DVD , take tennis rackets and go play tennis with kids in park ... or football ... I found out trampoline extremely hard in 0 challenge :-) and since I went to work last week I repeated it 2x and love it :-))

1 lbs advantage for everyone who succeed

so this week we will concentrate on abs!!! And main challenge Bicycle Crunch.

How to Properly do a Bicycle Crunch
    Lie on your back on a mat with knees bent, feet on the floor, and hands behind your head (don’t clasp your fingers). Press your lower back into the mat and tighten your ab muscles as you lift your head, shoulders, and upper back off the floor and simultaneously move your right elbow and left knee toward each other while straightening your right leg (don’t let it touch the ground).

Draw your right knee back up and immediately move your left elbow and right knee toward each other while straightening your left leg; that’s one rep. Continue to move continuously, as if pedaling a bicycle. Do 3 sets of 15 reps 3 times a week. (so 135 )

2qdvcpy.png

1 lbs advantage for everyone who succeed 2 lbs for most Bicycle Crunches - BUT DON'T OVER DO IT!!!

<b> And we please keep doing squats - why to have abs to kill for without nice booty :-)</b>

so Best Butt Exercises For Women: Squats
    Squats are one of the best butt exercises you can do to build a nice round booty and sexy legs. Make sure you keep your abs tight, back straight, weight on heels, and sit your butt back. - there is only 140 to do - try to spread them in at least 3 days!! but of course if you can and want do more . (There is no advantage lbs for squats this week.)

4. Don't forget to take a day rest! Your body needs it.

5. For the WEEK 2 FOOD challenge, I thought we might still keep it BASIC ( I think we will always keep it basic ) ! Let's take this week to focus on breakfast and cooking - preparing breakfast - let other inspire you with their choices and recipes ! I know from looking into diaries - there is so many of you skipping it , but girls (as far as I know we don't have a man in our challenge) come on this is not good for us.

there is NO excuse girls and having 7x a week breakfast is the only way to get 1 lbs advantage (sorry there is only medical excuse not to have a breakfast - please let me know if you need exception)

Keep drinking water - even if it is not our topic!!! I hope you picked up some good tips. I hope you got inspired with fish recipes and will keep eating 2x a week fish or other meals that include omega-3 fatty acids as a highlight

cooking challenge
    Also, I will be doing Cooking Challenge for week 2. It will run from today april 29th - may 5th . I need the pictures and ingredients of 1 breakfast you were having this week for yourself . I will be judging on healthiness, calorie amount and presentation .

You must send picture + recipe here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/973760-cooking-challenge-for-week-2-breakfast The requirement this week is breakfast.

Best recipe will get 2 lbs advantage for week 3 weigh in and everyone who post picture will get 1lbs

To sum it
    4/7 sessions of exercise 1lbs advantage
    1 session of something new - let us know what - 1lbs advantage
    135 Bicycle Crunches spread in 3 days - 1 lbs for the everyone who manage to do 135 Bicycle Crunches an extra 1 lbs for person with most squats
    7xbreakfast - 1 lbs advantage
    recipe - 1 lbs for everyone who post recipe extra 1 lbs for best recipe
  • drizzy_obsessed04
    drizzy_obsessed04 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    ew. i stayed at disney world this weekend and ended up gaining 2 pounds :(
  • marcelka77
    Options
    you will loose them this week :-) ...
  • Mommy4812
    Mommy4812 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    What day are we supposed to weigh in?
  • marcelka77
    Options
    today ;) .... i need everyone fill in spreadsheet by tomorrow and i will anounce last week winners on wednesday

don't forget to fill challenge sheet
  • dreamingofhealthy
    Options
    ew. i stayed at disney world this weekend and ended up gaining 2 pounds :(

DId you enjoy yourself though? If you did, then you (hopefully are rejuvenated) and ready to push hard this week. Dont beat yourself up though... this is a marathon not a sprint!! if you take those off days and use them as "fuel" for the days that come then it wasnt a total loss. What I mean by that is, this week if you feel like not working out or not eating something you know you should... think back to your trip and rememer you took that time off and enjoyed and now its time to work.
    I had a few terrible days last week, so sunday when I didnt want to go running I thought back to the days I didnt workout and that motivated me to get moving!

GOOD luck dear!! hang in there and you WILL rebound this week!!
  • debk68
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    Started riding my bike today. I don't ride from my house. I drop my kids off at school and then drive to a spot near the bike path and ride about 2.5 miles each way. There is a longer route, but I have to work up to it, it has and extemely steep incline on a very busy street :frown:
    This is in Boulder Colorado, so I get passed by skinny people in spandex all the time. :blushing:
    But, being Boulder it was 80 degrees today and it is going to snow on Wednesday so we will see how it goes.
    Dropped the Couch to 5k. I would much rather ride my bike :wink:

I stayed the same today :angry: Looking back I can see why. Too many carbs and not enough fruit and veggies. We had a workshop at work that talked about the following things. really makes sense.

Food fights 10 steps to better health:

Drink more water
    Limit or remove sugar sweetened beverages
    Eat a healthy breakfast
    Eat dark leafy geens
    Eat more whole grains
    Read food labels
    Eat less meat
    Eat fewer processed foods
    Get more exercise
    Cook with friends and family

Have a great day!!
  • dreamingofhealthy
    Options
    Deb this is all GREAT advice! I didnt get my bike out today, ubt I did on SUnday rode 3.5 miles the longest of my adult life! and to be honest I could have kept going... the kids got tired first!

We have such a great team so many active posters. Night noght for now team... till tomorrow :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • marcelka77
    Options
    love your commitment girls ...you rock!!!
    BTW |You know what the skinny people think when they pass you !!! - You are great !!! She finally move and doing something to become healthy!!! She is so inspirational!!! I Hope she will motivate others!! :-)) This is what I think when this cool guys passing me - but come on on Sunday I cycle on route used for guys who were training for tour de France or something like that there is always group of young man about 15 of them cycling together every Saturday and Sunday at 7 am :-D ... there is not so many hills in London ... dam the ones I have to do when on way to work :-) I have 2 killer hills

I only done zumba - wii yesterday :-)) nothing else - stayed at park with kids but nothing :-)
    I have double shift today so only thing I will do is to walk home .... i did do crouches 45 to start with

1. zumba
    2. no
    3. 45
    4. 1/7 i will get out of bed in 5 min and have today's
    5. not yet
  • dreamingofhealthy
    Options
    Just as I suspected we did do situps in kickboxing last night! he really made it a tough class.. I am pretty sore today. we did 100 situps, 100 pushups, 100 mountain climbers. (slightly differnet than the ones Shawn T does in Insanity... we do ours on the floor) 100 squat thursts, and that was just the first 10 min of the warm up.

I am VERY pleaseed to say i completed 100 situps, 70 consecutive pushups!!!!! (I should note that when I started these classes in Sept. last year I couldn't do 10 consecutively!) So I am really proud of those 70. I only got about 80 of the mountain climbers and 60 of the squat thursts.

I will have to rememeber that workout tho. it was very hard, but only really took about 10 min, and I was very well worked out... so its a good one for those times your short on time!

Good luck today ladies. So far its a pretty day in Co. although by afternoon its goning to be raining adn by night snowing... so I am going to get out and walk while its still wonderfully spring out!!!
  • drizzy_obsessed04
    drizzy_obsessed04 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    i have a recipe. but i need to go to store to buy the ingredients. i am dog sitting and these people dont have bananas or eggs... sooo weird! lol.
  • marcelka77
    Options
    so i posted results ... come on oranges we can do better then 2nd from bottom :-))
    BTW congratulation to cutts26 from our team loosing 2.24 and being 5th

from yesterday
    1.2/7 (walked yesterday from work)
    2. no
    3. 45 +45
    4. 3/7 with today
    5. not yet
  • debk68
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I know that for me, I have more success when I post on the boards. So I challenge you all to post something, ANYTHING today.

Way to go cutts26!

Dreamingofhealthy- Awesome on those pushups!

Marci- way to go walking to work!

Drizzy what did you make?

I did zumba yesterday and could actually feel the rhythm of the music, instead of worrying about the movements and what I looked like :embarassed:

Have a great day!

So far:
    3/7 sessions of exercise 1lbs advantage
    1 session of something new - let us know what - 1lbs advantage not yet, got a Jillian Michaels Hard body DVD from the library. Might try tonight
    135 Bicycle Crunches spread in 3 days - 1 lbs for the everyone who manage to do 135 Bicycle Crunches an extra 1 lbs for person with most squats-not yet
    7xbreakfast 4/7
    recipe - 1 lbs for everyone who post recipe extra 1 lbs for best recipe
  • dreamingofhealthy
    Options
    :happy: Great job everyone! I just got a very big promotion at work, so i will not have much time during the days to post anymore. I might actually have enough work to keep me busy with this new job! Its taking some getting used to so I am trying to keep up.

Worked out everyday this week but yesterday. I have changed my rest day from Sunday to Wed.
    I have eaten breakfast everyday this week... even though it wasnt always a great one.

I dont remember the rest of the challenges so I I will have to review them and see if I am on track. :happy: :tongue:

Have a great day Oranges!!! luv ya!