Living in the Whole 30

Options
AuntieKT
AuntieKT Posts: 235 Member
So, I finished my first Whole 30 back on April 15th. It was a pretty great experience, but I wasn't very strict with not snacking and sticking to my three meals a day. When I got to the end, I felt really good and I really don't have a need to go back and start eating that other crap that I cut out. I kept going and am now on day 40 and I feel so good, I think that I might just do the Whole 30 plan as my new lifestyle. I just don't crave any sugar or anything really and I'm not hungry or preoccupied with food at all, and I don't want that to change. I'm sure that there will be days here and there where I might have somthing that I'm not supposed to, but I think that this is just going to be my regular diet from now on. I was wondering...is anyone else doing this or am I the only crazy one?

Replies

• Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Nope I did whole30 for 45 days. Right now I'm Whole30 -90% of the time Paleo 100% of the time. So what I mean is most of the time I eat on plan for the whole30, if I add in other things, they are Paleo acceptable just now whole30 acceptable. Like a little bit of dairy, or honey here and there. but i'm careful, i don't want to trigger cravings. It's working for me. I've been grain free for 2 1/2 years now. Went Paleo in January, and then did the whole30 at the beginning of March.
  • AuntieKT
    AuntieKT Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Interesting... I wonder if I'm the only one sticking it out? LOL!
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I did a whole 30 and feel awesome!! I tend to stick really close to the whole 30, try to not eat processed anything and have been paleo for 1.5 years. I do have a bit of honey in my tea 1-2x a week and the ocassional glass of wine. I try to stick to the outline in "It Starts with Food" and have had good success with it. Def worth the effort it takes cause I feel great!
  • _Amy_Budd
    _Amy_Budd Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I love how I feel following Whole30 rules too - my Whole30 has been "over" for 31 days, and the only things I added back were whey protein powder (for after lifting workouts) and 85% dark chocolate (because... it's chocolate). I'm not at all tempted to add back anything else, at least not yet.

:)
    Amy
  • MissXFit13
    MissXFit13 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    That's amazing that you feel so good and want to keep it up!

I had the same intentions after my first Whole 30...but alas...dark chocolate and honey crept back into my diet, as did paleo pancakes and the like. All in all, I would say that I ate Whole 30 strict at meals (very rarely did I add cheese to something), but I started eating more snacks and desserts after.

I'm hoping my good habits will stick this time around, maybe doing a Whole 45 will help.
  • RGroenland
    RGroenland Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi, That was my plan back in September (Aug 2012 was my W30). Then one thing lead to another and I am a mess now.
    Trying to get back into it and truly Live the Whole9 lifestyle. The only sidebars I want to be ok with is the occasional glass of wine or Paleo Treat.
    Good work on sticking with it!