Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Biggest Victory So Far?

BekaSteele
BekaSteele Posts: 25 Member
What has been your biggest victory since you started GetFit2013?!

Replies

• jromero04
    jromero04 Posts: 15
    For me it has neen eating heathier, notice how I said healthier, not healthy. :) This is the first step to losing weight for me so I am proud of myself.
  • My biggest victory was giving up sweets for Lent. I have a HUGE sweet tooth and didn't think I could do it. But I did. And for health purposes, it worked out nicely. Now I need to manage them back in my diet...
  • mbanes
    mbanes Posts: 10
    I would say my biggest victory has been drinking 8 glasses a water EVERY day! This sounds easier than it is-trust me:smile: I have to measure and keep track of how much I've had to make sure I get at least 8 glasses in. I believe it has helped in my weight loss though-so It's worth the work :happy:
  • BekaSteele
    BekaSteele Posts: 25 Member
    Great job ladies! Keep it up :)

These are great reminders that being healthy is about so much more than a number on the scale.
  • protego
    protego Posts: 1
    I'm a little late responding to this one, but I am starting Week 2 of the P90X workout series and Week 3 of no soda! Starting and sticking to an exercise plan (especially one that requires 6 days in a row) is big for me and that is what it is all about!! :happy:

It helps that my husband is doing P90X with me! He is definitely the one that keeps me going and having a partner makes it quicker, easier, and more fun!

I just had to get past the embarrassment I know I felt when someone else saw me workout.. the extra roles that appear during crunches... No? just me?? I just think to myself, at least I look better than someone sitting on the couch! - Kortnie Huffman
  • dot23scott
    dot23scott Posts: 29
    The "Doh!" moment I had while talking to a coworker a few weeks ago. Just because I exercise, I can't take the license to EAT all those "added" calories that MFP 'gives' me. Geesh, no wonder I'm only at 9# weight loss. Now I'm really, REALLY thinking about everything that goes in my mouth, and still logging everything down to a single bite of something. I have not and will not give up my ice cream, but I sure am willing to consider giving up Ben & Jerry's or Baskin Robbins for 170 calories of creamy vanilla lusciousness at McDonald's. And the ice cream cones are only 59 cents, so even better for my financial fitness!

I have found myself leaving food on my plate at lunch, or taking home portions - much more often than I used to.

Last, I still got breadsticks the other day at Pizza King, but I only ate 2 (of the 5 or 6), and with my chef salad I got, was full. I didn't even eat the whole salad.

Small steps. Hoping they had up to bigger numbers on the scale!