Introduce ourselves!

Options
2»

Replies

• amandat_79
    amandat_79 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! I got engaged to my amazing fiance in October, 2012 and we're getting married in Nova Scotia (over 4,500 kilometers away from where I live) on August 3, 2013. I'm 5'7 and am currently sitting at 196lbs. I am hoping to lose at least 40lbs by then and have some definite improvement in my arms from strength training. I'm also hoping to run my first 5k this spring/summer with my dad so that's even more motivation to get me going!!
  • Miss_Aurora
    Options
    Hi everyone .. congrats to us all!

I'm and older bride (47 by the time it rolls around). It's my first wedding, and been engaged for 8 years, but family losses on both sides of the family has delayed and delayed our wedding. We had a wedding planned & tentatively booked 7 years ago.

We're aiming to get married in September (we joke Friday 13th) but due to another family illness it could end up changing again ... I'll get there one day *LOL*

Guess the longer it takes the more chance I have of dropping dress sizes. I'm tall and a size 20 (Aus) but would be happy with a 16 (got to this once before and thought I looked good) not sure what that equates in KGs.
  • kayenne78
    kayenne78 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone!! I'm hoping to lose another 30 pounds before my July 20th wedding. I've been trying to lose this weight for years and I'm hoping the wedding will give me the motivation to stick with my diet and exercise plan! I went dress shopping on the weekend and although I found a dress that I LOVE it was very discouraging to try on dresses. Here's to new found motivation!
  • mroth8589
    mroth8589 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! Congrats to everyone! I got engaged in July and thanks to an injury have gained some weight. I don't have a wedding date but we're thinking sometime in 2014. My dress has a deep V back so I'm hoping to shed some fat and look toned. I've started lifting and doing intervals again but I have quite a bit of work to do!
  • HollyColeman91413
    HollyColeman91413 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    hi everyone im holly, im 25 and me and my hubby to be got engaged july 27th of last year and we are gettng married sept 14th of this year. i have quite a bit of weight to loose. im HOPING to get down to a 22 or a 24 so i dont have to have it resized. i have been doing turbofire for about 2 weeks. granted i have skipped a few days but overall ive been doing pretty good. CONGRATS ladies!!!:drinker:
  • bbtano
    bbtano Posts: 42
    Options
    Hi there......enjoyed reading all of then introductions! I hope those of you who posted your intros with your goals are making good progress towards them! I did great from Jan til first week of Mar but haven't been eating very healthy since Spring Break. My dress fits great now, so no worries about that......it's being altered now. But I would still like to lose at least 15 more lbs before our July 13th wedding.
    I have a lot to lose so the journey will continue for some time post-wedding. Good luck to each of you.......with your weight/fitness goals and wedding planning. Both are challenging and stressful at times.
  • dumbpink
    dumbpink Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies,

Congrats on your upcoming weddings :) I'm getting married in May 2014, I'm 26, 5"6, started at 161 lbs, now at 155 lbs and would like to get down to about 143 lbs. I'm trying to do it in a slow and steady fashion in a way that I can hopefully maintain beyond the wedding. I'd mostly like to feel fitter, healthier and look more toned.

I found my dress last week, size 12 (UK), which is gorgeous, it's a tiny bit small (the zip at the back has a couple of inches left to go up) but I have until October before it's paid off, so by then I hope it will fit perfectly!

If anyone would like to add me as a friend on here, just go for it! Love being able to give and get support from others, particularly brides to be! xx
  • carom915
    carom915 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I am recently engaged! We are planning on a May 25, 2014 wedding. I am currently around 150 (+ or - 5lbs) and I would like to be a size 2-4 for the wedding. I am currently doing the 30-day shred and after that I plan on doing Ripped in 30 and then maybe a second attempt at Insanity. I just really want to have super toned arms, stomach, and back for the wedding. I dont think I am going to go dress shopping until July or August earliest.

My sister is getting married in September and I want to be at least a size 6 by then or 123lbs. Oh, I am 5'1 and 3/4. I'm hoping that if I can lose the weight by her wedding I can spend the next almost 9 months toning and slimming.
  • AnderMama88
    AnderMama88 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm 24, and getting married late September/early October of this year! I would love to lose 40 lbs by then...so daunting! It's so stressful when there is a deadline, but very motivating at the same time! No time to fall off the wagon :)

I've lost a little over 30 so far, want to lose 40 more by the wedding, and maybe 15 more after that.

Congrats to all you love birds! :)
  • meglynne1987
    meglynne1987 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Hello, Just found this group and thought I would introduce myself. My name is Meagan. I have been engaged to my wonderful fiancé for a year and a half (There about) and am tying the knot in December. My first wedding dress fitting is this coming Saturday and I am super scared, because my weight is not at all where I want it to be but I will just have to get the dress resized (Hopefully!) I have a two year old son and am attending graduate school. I am working full time for a government agency and part time as a Thirty One consultant.
  • raisingemilyjune
    Options
    Hey everyone! I got engaged Dec 27 2012 and my wedding is August 23 2014. So far I've lost just over 20lbs, ordered my wedding dress and now I'm going for another 20lbs down before my wedding.

I'm currently
    200.1lbs
    6'0"
  • Miss_Aurora
    Options
    Wow ... a load more brides!!

Congrats to you all. How exciting is wedding preparation? Looking at dresses and cakes!! LOL

Have you heard about post wedding blues? I can imagine why it happens ... lucky we have our healthy lifestyles to keep us busy after the big day!!
  • sweatydebs416
    Options
    congrats to all of the other brides to be!!! My name is Debbie and I am getting married on Sept. 21 2013. I am very excited and a little nervous because I put on weight with my new job, so now I have these next few months to really work on getting them off. Very happy to have found this group!
  • celtic0ne
    celtic0ne Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone and congrats!

My wedding day is September 1st and I'm hoping to lose 12 - 15 lbs between now and then. I've lost about 15 so far :) I'm actually more worried about looking good for the honeymoon since that will mean a bathing suit.
  • ElvisBaby88
    ElvisBaby88 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hello & Congrats to everyone!
    My name is Casey and I will be getting married July 27th 2014!!! So far I have lost about 19 pounds and would love to lose another 20 by the wedding. I obviously have a year to lose it and I am very determined. I have already booked my venue and bought my dress!!!
  • Vallerie88
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I am just starting my planning. I don't have an exact date just yet, but I'm thinking April 2015. I am looking for friends to keep me motivated on here. I have been doing pretty well since I got engaged! I have had some ups and downs of course, but as long as I keep my meals logged I do pretty good! I'm excited to talk wedding with everyone!!!