FEELING DISCOURAGED & BDAY IS AT START OF SUMMER :'-(

Options
Could someone please offer some advice in regards to what I'm doing wrong or may need to do to lose some more weight? Strangely enough I'm wondering if I'm not eating enough. I track my progress/eating on MyFitnessPal and they've allotted me 1650 calories to each each day which I typcially consume during the day prior to working out. During my workouts I'm burning at least 1200-1400 calories each time (4-5 days/week). However, I'm seeing very minimal results to no results on the scale at the end of each week. I generally workout after work and by the time I get home I usually don't eat because it's late and I know I'll be going to sleep soon. Please help as I'm getting very frustrated and discouraged. My eating has changed so drastically for the better to the point that IÂ can barely stomach foods that I was eating prior to this journey. Any advice would be greatly appreciated :-)

Replies

• srcardinal10
    srcardinal10 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Tell me a little more about what types of food you're eating. Also please describe your workouts. I'll be able to give you my OPINION then.

xoxo,
    SR
  • joannanm
    joannanm Posts: 13
    Options
    You should always try and eat something after your work out - Even if it is late. Your body is probably going into "starvation mode" and holding onto any of the left over calories you didn't burn in your work out. Good luck to you! I know how frustrating it is putting in the work and not seeing the results you want.
  • SniffyDoodle
    Options
    You're right. You're not eating enough.

What are you doing that is burning that many calories? That seems like a huge number. And if you really are burning that much, you NEED to eat at least some of those back. If you're eating 1650 & burning 1400, you are only netting 250 calories a day. That's not nearly enough calories.
  • celinadiego
    celinadiego Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I just realized I was making that same mistake! For the past few months I have only been allowing myself to eat between 900-1200 calories a day (3 meals of 300-400 calories) and then I would work out 6x a week burning anywhere from 500-1000 calories. One of my friends broke it down to me this past week about how I was putting my body into a "starvation" mode and that's why I actually saw an increase of about 5lbs in my weight. Learn to love the food (the right ones) and not be afraid of them. It is the fuel that will keep your body going. I plan on keeping up my workout routines and allowing myself to eat more proteins, fruits, veggies, and other clean eats in 5 small meal portions.
  • mylifemadelite
    Options
    Do you have a HR monitor?