Breakfasts that aren't eggs or leftovers

Options
2»

Replies

• MelanieSpicegurl
    MelanieSpicegurl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Bulletproof coffee!!!! I thought it sounded gross (it's basically coffee blended with unsalted butter and coconut oil) but thought I'd give it a try.....WOW! I'm hooked! Not only is it the most frothy, satisfying cup of coffee I've ever had, but it keeps me full and energized until lunch. I make mine as follows:
    16 oz. organic coffee
    2 Tblsp. Coconut Oil
    1Tblsp. Ghee
    and sometimes I add a tsp. of raw honey or a packet of stevia...
    Blend in blender .... enjoy!

I can't wait to wake up and have a cup!

I'm with Jen 100% ..
    I tried it once and have not looked back .. I have Bulletproof coffee every morning and I feel amazing until about 15 mins before lunch .. it's is filling and gives me crazy energy .. but not that "jittery-I've-had-a-hundred-cups-of-coffee-energy !"
    I can't think of starting my morning without it now !! ( I use 2 TBLS MCT / Coconut Oil & 2 TBLS of Unsalted Grass fed butter , Whip in magic bullet and YUMMM!!)

Try it .. You'll LOVE it !!
  • bethanylaugh
    bethanylaugh Posts: 237
    Options
    I haven't gotten to the bulletproof stage yet, but i do have coffee with coconut oil in the mornings and agree that it keeps me full for hours!

and full-fat plain greek yogurt with a little mango or strawberry... it's like dessert for breakfast :)
  • yummy_
    yummy_ Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Chilli.

Buy ground meat or grind your own and add a crapton of assorted veggies and spices for bulk and flavour. Goes great as nachos, on rice or just on it's own.

haha, so perfect, i made a quick chili for dinner last night to have as "nachos" and had the rest for breakfast!
    i LOVE spicy chili for breakfast.
  • frizbeemom
    frizbeemom Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. I reall, really miss my oatmeal and get tired of eggs every morning. I can only eat bacon so often and the high fat meats are bothering my IBS. This morning it was scrambled eggs with smoked salmon, spinach, cherry tomatoes and cream cheese. My go-to am-in-a-hurry-and-sick-of-eggs breakfast is a smoothie of coconut milk, frozen strawberries, kale and/or spinach, coconut (fresh or unsweetened), protein powder (not sure that's paleo though) or an egg if you're brave, and 1/4 avocado for creaminess. I vary the fruit. Just enough to sweeten but not too much so you keep the carbs/fructose low.
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Ground chicken flavored like sausage. I cook all of them up on Sunday and microwave them for 1.5 minutes in the am with a side berries.
  • rmk20togo
    rmk20togo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I've had a hard time finding portable things for breakfast until this weekend. Just found this recipe. Had a couple of sausage balls with a hard boiled egg (you could leave this off) on the drive in and GLORY it was wonderful!:love::love: :love: :love:

http://paleomg.com/breakfast-bacon-maple-meatballs/
  • dsak
    dsak Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I'm just recently getting into Paleo, but besides eggs I've made these pancakes:

2 eggs
    Extra Egg Whites, if desired
    1 banana
    dash of vanilla
    dash of cinnamon
    1 TBS ground flax seed
    handful of walnuts (optional)
    handful of berries (optional)

Combine in a blender and cook on a hot griddle. I also add some pure maple syrup on top....
  • LaurieElla
    LaurieElla Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I really like coconut milk/fruit smoothie. I add a bunch of strawberries and a banana and you can also add kale or spinach. Also, Applegate Chicken and Apple sausages I saute up with some onions and mushrooms (IF you have time in the AM) .. Also, Banana, a handful of almonds and some cut up veggies if you are in a rush and eating in the car :)
  • monkeydharma
    monkeydharma Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Set mealtimes are a product of the Industrial Revolution.

What we eat at each meal are cultural habits, taught to us while we are young.

You can eat anything you desire at any meal: eggs at dinner, salmon at breakfast, etc. Doesn't have to bee eggs or leftovers. Any meat, vegetable or fruit that you can eat at lunch or dinner is all fair game at breakfast.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Frozen 100% ground beef patties. They are quick and easy to make....plus you can get them conventional or make your own from pastured beef...just form the paties and put a piece of wax paper inbetween each patty.
  • IntentionaLiving
    Options
    bacon (i eat applegate turkey bacon) + avacado + sprouts + butter lettuce .... so easy but sooooooo delish!
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    My normal breakfast is eggs, bacon and half an avocado (or guacamole)

Eggs cooked in the bacon grease don't get boring too often :)
  • efirkey
    efirkey Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    This morning I pan fried some top round steak in cocconut oil and had that with half an avocado and a couple of slices of watermelon.

I agree. I don't want to have eggs every breakfast, but I do have them most of the time, because they are easy, delicious, and inexpensive.